Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodgerdudette

Idyllunion VI -Day 3

dodgerdudette
14 years ago

We visited gardens nearby the compound on day 3, starting with the wonderful home of Chelones neighbor.

Assembling at the Compound for our stroll across the road.
{{gwi:170086}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Up the drive
{{gwi:170089}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009
{{gwi:170091}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

No comment needed here
{{gwi:170092}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

A vignette poolside
{{gwi:170099}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

A seaside scene
{{gwi:170104}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

A hedge of Rugosas protects this border from the sea
{{gwi:170105}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Comments (15)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

It all looks wonderful - more pictures please... especially of the compound :-)

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Fantastic shots Kathy! Can you believe this was already a week ago now?

Deanne

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

What a wonderful time we had together! It seems too long ago already! A beautiful destination!

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    14 years ago

Another incredible piece of property! I was ready to move right in to this one...lol.

Sue

• Full_Bloom
    14 years ago

Omigosh Kathy! What a stunning property, but I think the pic that absolutely stole my heart was the one with the goose/poolside vignette!

Do you know who did the gardening and landscaping? What imagination and what an artistic eye!

Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Eileen

• dodgerdudette
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eileen, I imagine Chelone might know who designed the gardens ; we were all very taken with the sensitivity to the site and the existing geography..the rock formations and sea views were nicely incorporated into the landscape. This is exactly what Chelone is trying to do , but she has a meadow-forest enviornment .

How about a few more photos from the Compound ? {{gwi:170106}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Vegetable World was looking pretty lush. {{gwi:170111}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009
    {{gwi:170113}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Chelone and Wrecks give us a tour {{gwi:170115}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Sanitary Ridge in the mist {{gwi:170119}}From Idyllunion 6 July 2009

Kathy in Napa

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

I am so envious....I would so love to visit Chelone at her Compound.I think it is beautiful, and it looks well enough tended for me. :-)
    It looks lots better than my yard and beds.

The neighbor's place is lovely also...and the view of the seaside.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

ditto what Marian said!

• Full_Bloom
    14 years ago

I would love to visit Chelone and her compound too Marian! :-)

Your gardens are beautiful Chelone and I love all the hardscape you've been installing. Is that Rumex in the one pic or is it all lettuces? Do you have a vegetable garden? Your lettuces are making me think of lunch and it's only 10:00 here! :-)

Love the rock garden and love the photo of Chelone and Rex strolling through the meadow...just beautiful! Hope this isn't rude of me to ask...but, do you work out? I noticed you hula hooping in another thread and then here...you look so fit. I want to know the secret! :-)

Love the misty look of the last photo too! That *really* makes me want to walk up to the compound! :-)

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing Kathy, I love getting glimpses of what you all enjoyed.

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

I'll answer that! Chelone works out with Rex, also hauling bolts of fabric and installing them, then stacking wood for winter and working the gardens. On top of that, yes she is wonderfully fit and perhaps even too slim! (Says Nana Marie who is envious)

Thanks Kathy for those great shots!

I wish DS had taken photos of his favourite spots: the cat ramp, the wall map, the hidden back laneway...

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

I think we were all in love with the first house on the ocean that we saw - I thought in their front/back yard this was a lovely entrance to gaze out upon toward the ocean:

{{gwi:170121}}

{{gwi:170123}}

The third house we visited had an unusual rock/gravel garden, chock full of ornamentation:

{{gwi:170125}}

And I liked this bench with the footrests

{{gwi:170128}}

But this was my fav bench:

{{gwi:148852}}

-cindy

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Deanne, that is a joke on me about the real frog. :-)

Remember the Glad that was eaten off before it could open? well here is it's mate that succeeded. I love it :

{{gwi:170132}}

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

I love the shots from the compound, especially a glimpse at the elusive vegetable world. The neighbor's house and garden look pretty awesome too.

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Sorry that I posted that pic on this thread....I was 'thinking' I was on the other one!!!