Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saucydog_gw

Four Seasons....photos

saucydog
15 years ago

Okay, I went to see the Four Seasons statues that were listed in the paper:

{{gwi:170183}}

Close up of the three I liked best - do you think it's okay to only buy 3? He said he'd break up the set (probably because it's not a set, only Spring, Summer, and Fall :)

{{gwi:170185}}

And more goodies that I just had to photo...This urn was at least 6' across! (Deanne, I can't imagine what you'd plant in this, LOL!)...it has a gigantic mermaid and dolphin that sit on the top as a fountain, but again, he's willing to break them up:

{{gwi:170187}}

{{gwi:170190}}

{{gwi:170193}}

I think I really like the tall urn, but where on earth would I put it :)....there were mongrels, gargoyles, and urns with dragon motifs....on top of lots of wrought iron gates/arbors....on top of more and more....I ended up buying a box of cast iron stars :)

Saucy

Comments (13)

• deanneart
    15 years ago

OMG Saucy! Where did you find these marvelous things? Wouldn't I just love to have that huge urn!

Deanne

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You were the one I thought of when I saw the ad in the paper. These babies are 10 minutes from my house.....

You could bath in that huge urn! Seriously!

Saucy

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

OMG! I wonder what the shipping would be? LOL

Jerri

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    15 years ago

Right now Deanne is probably thinking of how she could possibly cover her painting class and get to Saucy's for a shot at that urn. How late does the guy stay up? lol

Cool stuff. What is this, an estate sale?

Sue

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

I wonder how that cannon would work on those lily leaf beetles ?

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I too am curious as to whose collection of treasures this might be. We need a photo of the box and stars Saucy...

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Saucy!! If the price is right snag all four and anything else that can fit in your vehicle!! A friend has the four seasons (in mini from these) at each point of the compass in her yard. Very cool.

What unusual disease will Deanne contract this weekend to cancel her class? Or, will the class make a field trip to the sale?

Heck, get the whole estate and have an auction at IU6 :-)

Martie

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, there's no rush, it's just a person's home :) He said that he's picked these things up along the way while buying other goodies to restore his vintage house (which was creepy and cool all in itself).

I felt a little challenged at the formality of all the pieces, since my garden is not quite ready for art, yet :) I just had to go see if they matched the one's that we saw on IU5 in garden number 4, and they pretty much do :)

I exchanged the ad from the paper with Deanne :)

Saucy

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

Saucy, love these goodies you found - if you were interested in the 4 Seasons, perhaps you could paint/stain the 4th? I'd want all of them myself and do that..... I love the urn too. Very cool discovery.

-Cindy

• gardeningmary
    15 years ago

Saucy - those are fantastic. I'd say go for all 4 if you possibly can. Interesting cut-outs on the dresses - rather than a subtle slipping of the drapery the sculptor goes for the unobstucted view.

Mary

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Except for poor Winter who is topless, Mary, LOL!

Saucy

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Notice how the other girls are looking at Ms. winter with disdain in photo one. I'm certain it was just a safety pin issue.

Kathy in Napa

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Winter would dress differently here...Mind you, so would Summer.