Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Mountains from Jasper to Banff

gardenbug
16 years ago

We had a wonderful drive to DH's conference in Banff. Here are some views along the way.

First some of the Indian Paint Brush blooms along the roads. They vary in color from red to pink to salmon to yellow. I'm told that sucking the stamens gives nourishment if you are stranded..a honey-like taste.

{{gwi:170437}}

{{gwi:170438}}

{{gwi:170440}}

Alberta is "wild rose country" as you can see here:

{{gwi:170442}}

Anyone know what these low growers are?

{{gwi:170444}}

Mountain views:

{{gwi:170446}}
{{gwi:170448}}
{{gwi:170450}}
{{gwi:170454}}
{{gwi:170455}}
{{gwi:170457}}
This view is known as the Wailing Wall:

{{gwi:170459}}
{{gwi:170462}}
Here you see the moon and the bright sky. It is almost 10PM.

{{gwi:170464}}
Then a short evening trip to Lake Louise:

{{gwi:170466}}
Lots of poppies in bloom there too.

Comments (12)

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Marie, a triple WOW from me ! What exquisite photos-is there anyplace more spectacular that that area of Canada?-it's been many many years since I visited there, but it does stay with you. Fantastic ! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos..
    Kathy in Napa

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

Gorgeous,gorgeous pics....all of them! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post them.

• chelone
    16 years ago

BIG, Tall, Beautiful.

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I love every one of these photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Deanne

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

More breathless from me.... o my...
    And what spectacular photos .....

Thank you,'bug, for thinking of us. I have GOT to come to Canada some day.

-Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

The mountain views are just stunning and your photography skills aren't too shabby either. Thanks for taking us along to see the scenery.

Michelle

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

When's the next flight??? Thanks for taking us along ...

Martie

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

Beautiful, 'bug! Makes me yearn for a mountain vacation. It's been years since I've seen mountains, and I don't think DH ever has. I don't know what the low growing flowers are, but they are adorable! Thanks for posting the views...it felt like the temperature dropped 10 degress just looking at the snowy mountain-tops :)
    Brenda

• honey_mi
    16 years ago

Breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing. Amazing photography, too!

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

What they said!

But I will add that these are just gorgeous photos beautifully composed and the lighting on the poppies would probably cure seasonal affective disorder. Do run those by us again this winter.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Beautiful, isn't it? Some of you may remember we stayed at the Chateau Lake Louise on our ski vacation in 2005. Unfortunately that was the year my back took a dive and after ending up in the emergency room in Banff, I spent the rest of the week on crutches and Percoset. It was so disappointing to have to sit and look at that lake along with what appeared to be some great walking trails and not be able to go off exploring. Maybe next time...in the meantime thanks for sharing these!

Sue

• Full_Bloom
    16 years ago

Bug...the pictures are amazing! I'm so glad I finally had a chance to look in at them. Nature is just a wonder and you've captured it so well! The mountain views are just breathtaking! Love all the wildflowers. I remember when DH's dad lived in Colorado and I got there one spring just in time to see a field of Indian paintbrush...I was in awe!
    Thanks for sharing the beauty! Ei