Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodgerdudette

IU7...Boeschen Vineyards

dodgerdudette
13 years ago

Way back on Day 1 ! A private garden tour (including the family garden )and a tasting with the winemaker..fun!

WALAT with wine
{{gwi:171263}}From Idyllunion 7

The rose garden,, our hostess Susan loves roses and she and her DH designed a wonderful showcase--organic by the way.
{{gwi:171269}}From Idyllunion 7

Idylls
{{gwi:171271}}From Idyllunion 7

California vernacular
{{gwi:171279}}From Idyllunion 7
{{gwi:171280}}From Idyllunion 7
{{gwi:171286}}From Idyllunion 7
{{gwi:171291}}From Idyllunion 7

Kathy in Napa

Comments (6)

• saucydog
    13 years ago

A beautiful bouquet greets us
    {{gwi:171301}}

And a wine tasting follows with the gardener and winemaker (mother and son - the whole operation is a family affair)
    {{gwi:171302}}

Looking on to the rose garden (it was so bright...hard to photo!)
    {{gwi:171303}}

We began our garden tour up the hill....
    {{gwi:171304}}

....where we were told she spared the wild plums:
    {{gwi:171305}}

The pool was a surprise (looking down from the hill above it)
    {{gwi:171306}}

On our way to the winery
    {{gwi:171324}}

The cave entrance (Sue said it best, "Holy Merlotly Batman")
    {{gwi:171325}}

The brother in law does all the woodworking
    {{gwi:171329}}

Beautiful tour with a wonderful family. Thank you, Kathy, for setting this one up!

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Wow! What a gorgeous place! just love the fountain with the roses. So very beautiful. A magnificent place, thanks for sharing

Deanne

• chelone
    13 years ago

A pool? CANNONBALL!

What a lovely place... I now have deeper understanding of the Iberian infuluence on things... very much in keeping with the Alhambra and the gentle, sun-kissed regions of the Spanish kingdom. And a very stern reminder of the power and influence of 16th. century Spain... the superpower of the day!

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Well I'm jealous that people anywhere can grow wild plums.... Those are a fond fond memory of my youth in Alsace. That's where I learned what kirsch was! Usually made from cherries, our farm made theirs from fermented fruit including plums.

FYI:
    The European Union sets a minimum of 37.5% ABV (75 proof) for products of this kind; Kirschwasser typically has an alcohol content of 40%Â50% ABV (80Â100 proof). About 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of cherries go into the making of a 750 ml bottle of Kirschwasser.

Kirsch is an essential ingredient of Swiss cheese fondue and of some cakes.

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Speaking of pools, here's the Boeschen one - I think anyone would love to have this in their backyard....

{{gwi:171332}}

A view of it from the top of the garden:

{{gwi:171337}}

The steps leading up to it:

{{gwi:171339}}

{{gwi:171342}}

And there was a marvelous old metal greenhouse they're restoring (the oldest in the country I believe) altho I dont seem to have a photo of it (maybe someone else does).

This was a most special visit to a garden not often open.

-Cindy

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Another wonderful garden. Kathy you really gave the Idyllers a nice variety of gardens to tour. Job well done. You deserve a kickback weekend.

Norma