Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IU7...Boeschen Vineyards

Posted by dodgerdudette NapaCaz9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 22:14

Way back on Day 1 ! A private garden tour (including the family garden )and a tasting with the winemaker..fun!

WALAT with wine

From Idyllunion 7

The rose garden,, our hostess Susan loves roses and she and her DH designed a wonderful showcase--organic by the way.

From Idyllunion 7

Idylls

From Idyllunion 7

California vernacular

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Kathy in Napa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU7...Boeschen Vineyards

A beautiful bouquet greets us

And a wine tasting follows with the gardener and winemaker (mother and son - the whole operation is a family affair)

Looking on to the rose garden (it was so bright...hard to photo!)

We began our garden tour up the hill....

....where we were told she spared the wild plums:

The pool was a surprise (looking down from the hill above it)

On our way to the winery

The cave entrance (Sue said it best, "Holy Merlotly Batman")

The brother in law does all the woodworking

Beautiful tour with a wonderful family. Thank you, Kathy, for setting this one up!

o

Wow! What a gorgeous place! just love the fountain with the roses. So very beautiful. A magnificent place, thanks for sharing

Deanne

o

A pool? CANNONBALL!

What a lovely place... I now have deeper understanding of the Iberian infuluence on things... very much in keeping with the Alhambra and the gentle, sun-kissed regions of the Spanish kingdom. And a very stern reminder of the power and influence of 16th. century Spain... the superpower of the day!

o

Well I'm jealous that people anywhere can grow wild plums.... Those are a fond fond memory of my youth in Alsace. That's where I learned what kirsch was! Usually made from cherries, our farm made theirs from fermented fruit including plums.

FYI:
The European Union sets a minimum of 37.5% ABV (75 proof) for products of this kind; Kirschwasser typically has an alcohol content of 40%50% ABV (80100 proof). About 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of cherries go into the making of a 750 ml bottle of Kirschwasser.

Kirsch is an essential ingredient of Swiss cheese fondue and of some cakes.

o

Speaking of pools, here's the Boeschen one - I think anyone would love to have this in their backyard....

A view of it from the top of the garden:

The steps leading up to it:

And there was a marvelous old metal greenhouse they're restoring (the oldest in the country I believe) altho I dont seem to have a photo of it (maybe someone else does).

This was a most special visit to a garden not often open.

-Cindy

o

Another wonderful garden. Kathy you really gave the Idyllers a nice variety of gardens to tour. Job well done. You deserve a kickback weekend.

Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here