Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jasper to Banff withywildlife

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 22:21

Bigger than Charlotte and not so cuddly- though it looks it!

This one enjoys eating dandelions. I am INSIDE the car.

Deer

Wapiti

A junco sings:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jasper to Banff with wildlife

Sorry, I tried fixing the title but my computer didn't behave...

o
RE: Jasper to Banff withywildlife

Great pictures, Marie. A black bear recently took up residence in Harrison. After numerous attempts to capture and move it to a less populated area, the officials finally had to put it down.
The first pic reminds me of the mountain dwellers in the Idaho wilderness areas.

o

So the goats in the first shot are the kind that have the legs on one side of their body shorter than on the other side, right? ;)

It's such fun to see wildlife that's so different from what's around here. Esp. the bears. I really like bears; so very intelligent and so very misunderstood.

We are seeing increases in their population around here, something that amazes me, but makes sense. More people means more opportunity for such expert foragers to capitalize on a new food source. As ususal "problems" with them are rarely their fault... it's the ignorance of the human population.

o

Great shots, 'bug -- I feel like I've gone on Canadian Safari!

--Cindy

o

Neat photos Marie!

o

Bug, you just post the coolest pictures! These are amazing, and I'm so loving all the family shots you've been posting. Thanks for taking the time to do it all, cuz I know you've got so much to do.
Take care,
Brenda

o

Very cool photos! I've never seen a bear in the wild, although we have camped in places where they do come into the campgrounds looking for food.

Michelle

o

Wonderful 'bug ! I especially love the bear pics.
Kathy in Napa

o

LOL Chelone...you're too funny! :-)

Bug the pics are amazing! I have a lot of respect and a healthy dose of fear about bears these days.

Would you believe, that when I was a child, my family use to go to this dump in Wisconsin and feed the bears from our car! I can't believe how dangerous and stupid that was, but lots of people did it back then. I guess thinking back on how scary and tragic it could have ended up, it has given me a great respect and unfortunately a fear of bears too. Anyway, they sure are beautiful and I admire them....from a long distance! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Ei

o

The Banff-Jasper highway is certainly a beautiful area and you have captured it beautifully as always. I don't remember seeing bears when we've driven it but the sheep never failed to block traffic by wandering across the road!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here