Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

Gardens and Grandkids

michelle_zone4
16 years ago

Here's a few shots showing what's been going on around here.

This first shot is the view we have from the "throne"

{{gwi:173252}}

Interesting flower bud on ligularia 'Britt Marie Crawford' reminds me of the A. gigas buds that several have shared:

{{gwi:173253}}

I have a few sunflowers this year. This is a dwarf.

{{gwi:173254}}

A few of the containers. Deanne, notice the dwarf papyrus in a couple per your influence:

{{gwi:173255}}
{{gwi:173256}}
{{gwi:173257}}

Finishing a flower arrangement in the potting shed:

{{gwi:173258}}

A shot from the camping trip. I guess she thought she might get to drive the jetski.

{{gwi:173259}}

Comments (10)

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Wonderful!
    I especially love to imagine you in your personal garden space making the lovely arrangement!
    As to the last shot- well I've been bitten by the Nananmarie bug and love all the kid shots anyone is willing to post!

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Wonderful shots Michelle! What's the plant with the dark foliage in pic 5? Especially love the combo in #6 and the fence behind in that shot. That sunflower shot is so cool too! And you've taken another pic worthy of Country Living mag with that vignette in the potting shed. I always like to see pics of the kids too! Kenzie's looking so grown up. She's such a cutie! Such beautiful eyes! These were all just great. Thanks!

Eden

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!
    Eden, the dark tall foliage is Euphorbia cotinifolia and the one that is starting to trail is coleus 'Meandering Linda' The weathered picket fence and the white ones are the ones that Rick picked up curbside this spring.

Michelle

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Bravo!!!! beautiful Michelle! Just love them all but especially the first container shot with the dwarf papyrus in it. That's absolutely lovely. I'm growing a lot of asparagus fern this year also. They had a lot of flats of them at HD this spring and i've got them tucked in all over the place.

Kenzie is getting so grown up! Time is just going by too quickly.

Thanks for posting these!

Deanne

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

I just love, love, love your floral arrangements, Michelle - you are so gifted! I echo all the sentiments here -- such a photogenic slice of "country living" fit for any commercial magazine!

I sure hope we might see these in person someday -- I would love to see how you finish off your shed & make it such a wonderful getaway.

That 'Kenzie future hawg' shot is great too - even if it is a jet ski, LOL....

You should be rightfully proud of all you've accomplished in your gardens - they are so lovely.

--Cindy

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Moluccella laevis! Not enough sun for that here though I tried to grow it several years in a row. Your arrangements are all unique and gorgeous, but the cut flower photo is really a mood piece. Love it all, and hi to the pretty girl Kenzie :)

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

I just love the Bells of Ireland in the arrangement too. I've also tried it from seed here without much success. Maybe I should try it again now that I have a much sunnier yard. I'm going to need something to replace all of those hostas:)

Eden

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Fabulous Michelle - your arrangement inspires me to try more of my own and the shot could be from the best garden/decor magazine. Beautiful pots and lovely grand daughter:0)

Mary

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Lovely photos Michelle- I love the shabby-chic vase ! What is it made out of ? I like he sunflower photo too, and your container combos are all way-cool.

Eden, We have a grower up here who does 6 Packs of Bells of Ireland. I buy a couple and let them naturalize-seems to work for me.! Some here find them a pest..

Thanks for psorting these pics Michelle..
    Kathy in Napa

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again everyone!

Kathy, the container is made of metal reminiscent of the old time ceiling tiles. It was a flea market find.

Michelle

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area