Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last installment...the skydive video :)

Posted by flowerluvr Z5 IN (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 10:26

Okay, after this link, I'll quit tormenting you all with the skydiving :)
For those with a slower connection, it works best if you let it play through once. Then, click the replay button, and you can watch it without all the stops and starts.
Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: What a wonderful world, indeed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last installment...the skydive video :)

That is so cool!!! You didn't look scared one bit. I could feel the rush when you were landing, like I was right there. What a great memory, and the video is so well done, you'll be showing your grandchildren this, for sure. I want to do this!

I love the Louis Armstrong song you have playing with it. It's one of my all time favorites. My son and I danced to it at his wedding...the mother/son dance.

o

Wow Brenda ! What an experience.. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you get ypur chance to do it again !

Kathy in Napa

o

Watching the video was more fun than seeing the still photographs! It looks like you were on your knees and then just sort of rolled/fell out of the plane rather than actually jumped...? You certainly looked like you were enjoying yourself - but it's definitely not something I'd want to do! Bravo!

o

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'd be scared beyond belief, but being able to cozy up to a great looking happy young man, well ..... LOL

You look absolutely at home up there, Brenda, and really hope you get many more chances to fly!

Martie

o

I'm so glad you made it happen! You truly are comfortable with gravity!

o

Well, better you than me, Brenda! This is amazing footage -- I confess I felt motion sick, weenie, that I am, LOL.... You obviously had a blast - what a memory to have made.

Thanks for sharing.
Cindy

o

Brenda, I can see the joy on your face. What a wonderful experience! You are amazing. :)

o

Woooooo hooooo!!!!!!!

Deanne

o

Looks like lots of fun...but I believe I will pass !!! ;-)

o

Cool video Brenda! The part that fascinated me the most was the instant that the two of you left the plane. My stomach did a flip flop just watching you do it! lol

o

Anita, "What a Wonderful World" has been a favorite of mine for years and years. A lovely song for the mother/son dance. I marveled at the fact that it's even an option for DS and I to fly free in the sky, so I had to have it in the video. Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" came to me one day while I was weeding :)

Woody-Yeah, it was not so much jumping as "falling...with style", lol!

PM, That second where balance tipped and there was no going back was a rush like I've never experienced. I got huge goosebumps when I watched the video.

I had an odd dream the other night that I was strapped to the same instructor, but my camera guy was Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs...and the dirty jobs theme song was playing. Not an option I would turn down, by the way. Mike Rowe's awful pretty to look at, and I ALWAYS hug the camera guy and tell him I love him, LOL! I loved EVERYBODY when I got safely to the ground ;)
Thanks for indulging me once again, and you probably won't have to hear anything about skydiving again......until September.
Brenda

o

Brenda, I finally had time to watch this where I could put the volume up (frowned upon at work LOL) How very cool! What a wonderful video as a keepsake also. Thanks for taking me along as that's the closest I'll ever want to get to doing it.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here