Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

Last installment...the skydive video :)

flowerluvr
15 years ago

Okay, after this link, I'll quit tormenting you all with the skydiving :)

For those with a slower connection, it works best if you let it play through once. Then, click the replay button, and you can watch it without all the stops and starts.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: What a wonderful world, indeed!

Comments (12)

• anitamo
    15 years ago

That is so cool!!! You didn't look scared one bit. I could feel the rush when you were landing, like I was right there. What a great memory, and the video is so well done, you'll be showing your grandchildren this, for sure. I want to do this!

I love the Louis Armstrong song you have playing with it. It's one of my all time favorites. My son and I danced to it at his wedding...the mother/son dance.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Wow Brenda ! What an experience.. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you get ypur chance to do it again !

Kathy in Napa

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Watching the video was more fun than seeing the still photographs! It looks like you were on your knees and then just sort of rolled/fell out of the plane rather than actually jumped...? You certainly looked like you were enjoying yourself - but it's definitely not something I'd want to do! Bravo!

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'd be scared beyond belief, but being able to cozy up to a great looking happy young man, well ..... LOL

You look absolutely at home up there, Brenda, and really hope you get many more chances to fly!

Martie

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I'm so glad you made it happen! You truly are comfortable with gravity!

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

Well, better you than me, Brenda! This is amazing footage -- I confess I felt motion sick, weenie, that I am, LOL.... You obviously had a blast - what a memory to have made.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

• chelone
    15 years ago

Brenda, I can see the joy on your face. What a wonderful experience! You are amazing. :)

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Woooooo hooooo!!!!!!!

Deanne

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Looks like lots of fun...but I believe I will pass !!! ;-)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Cool video Brenda! The part that fascinated me the most was the instant that the two of you left the plane. My stomach did a flip flop just watching you do it! lol

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anita, "What a Wonderful World" has been a favorite of mine for years and years. A lovely song for the mother/son dance. I marveled at the fact that it's even an option for DS and I to fly free in the sky, so I had to have it in the video. Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" came to me one day while I was weeding :)

Woody-Yeah, it was not so much jumping as "falling...with style", lol!

PM, That second where balance tipped and there was no going back was a rush like I've never experienced. I got huge goosebumps when I watched the video.

I had an odd dream the other night that I was strapped to the same instructor, but my camera guy was Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs...and the dirty jobs theme song was playing. Not an option I would turn down, by the way. Mike Rowe's awful pretty to look at, and I ALWAYS hug the camera guy and tell him I love him, LOL! I loved EVERYBODY when I got safely to the ground ;)
    Thanks for indulging me once again, and you probably won't have to hear anything about skydiving again......until September.
    Brenda

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Brenda, I finally had time to watch this where I could put the volume up (frowned upon at work LOL) How very cool! What a wonderful video as a keepsake also. Thanks for taking me along as that's the closest I'll ever want to get to doing it.

Michelle

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!