Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skydive Stills

Posted by flowerluvr Z5 IN (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 11:08

I'm going to have to make a trip to the library to get the videos on youtube, I guess. DFSIL tried yesterday, and it took 3 hrs to get a minute and a half of DS's loaded :(
In the meantime, here are some of the stills.
I was ahead of DS in the plane. He said it freaked him out when I went. He said he thought, "That guy just pushed my mom out of the plane" :)

That's my boy, right there.....falling out of a plane!!

Freefall ROCKS! They went through the drill with us at least 10 times, so we'd know when to pull the cord. Lol, we were both so wrapped up in the whole thing that we forgot to do it. Fortunately, that happens a lot, which is what makes it nice to have someone who's got it together strapped on your back.

We live to fight another day ;)

So I don't make this a pain for slower connections, I'll post links to the slideshows. Even if you get sick of looking at me and the boy, the photograpy is AMAZING. The guy has the video camera on his helmet, and takes the still shots by biting on a switch in his mouth. I can't get shots this good with both feet on the ground, lol! They have THE most amazing staff working at this place. Both of my guys were nuts and we had such a good time. BTW, I wore the cheers shirt that my nephew brought me from Boston. He and his brother went skydiving, and him telling me about it was what prompted me to take Phil. I had my instructor and videographer sign the back of it...they thought that was a HOOT! So, I let my granny arms flap in the wind as a nod to DN. They offered me a flight suit, but I didn't want to cover up my shirt. DS tells me I'm a spazz, and I'm sure I embarrased him half to death with all my hopping around and clapping and just generally being excited out of my mind!

Here is a link that might be useful: DS Slideshow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skydive Stills

Wow, wow, wow!You rock and roll Brenda! Is that a photo of you and DS holding hands in the middle of that slide show? Way cool!
Deanne

o

The hand-holding shots in the air are with the videographer. He grabs your hand, and it makes you spin around in circles!!!
DS and I didn't see each other once we exited the plane until we were on the ground.
I reeeeally gotta get off my butt and get to town. DH is beginning to believe I'm totally obsessed. I am :)

o

Wow! What great shots and I'm totally impressed that you did it! Me, I'm afraid of heights and get dizzy so can't even look over the edge of a balcony LOL Plus I don't necessarily like the feeling of falling so don't go on rollercoasters anymore. Looks like you had a great time-gonna do it again soon?

Monique

o

You look (and sound!) like you had a LOT of fun! But there's no way that I'd have the guts to do that!

o

It is so cool that you did this with your son! I'm really impressed. You both look so happy. :)
I'm with Monique, I don't even ride rollercoasters anymore. LOL

Jerri

o

Monique, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and DH assumes we'll be making the trip again. I think he's kinda starting to want to try it. You should have seen the big grin on his face the first time he saw the videos. Maybe I'll retire from farming and become a skydive instructor ;)
Brenda

o

LOL, Brenda, we'll have to do an Idyllunion where you teach us all to jump out of a plane and land in a really cool garden :)

Saucy

o

I'll be the one on the ground taking photos! LOL

Jerri

o

:) Okay, Saucy...a skydiving Idyllunion it is! Since Jerri called photographer on the ground, I guess that will make Deanne videographer/photographer in the air. Deanne, get your camera strapped to your helmet!
Thanks to all for indulging me
Brenda

o

You guys crack me right up. I'm all alone here, laughing audibly over my coffee.

Hahaha...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here