Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Grandma's Album Part 2

gardenbug
15 years ago

I'll share some more photos here and try to answer a few questions too.

Although Reed is a happy contented toddler now, he is also a serious fellow, calm and quiet. This reminds me of my maternal grandfather, an inventor, who was thought to be "slow" but was in fact quietly observant. So you will see both sides of his nature in these pictures.

Dirty Knees. (This child is a raspberry addict! I picked loads of berries for him that he gobbled up. I want you to know that I don't give away wild raspberries to just anyone!)

{{gwi:173516}}

(Some sedum rooting to the left!)

{{gwi:173517}}

{{gwi:173519}}

{{gwi:173521}}

A hat series...

{{gwi:173523}}

{{gwi:173525}}

{{gwi:173526}}

Note his "security fork" in this one.

{{gwi:173527}}

Sarah treated us to a nature walk. DSIL used to work in this area as well.

Beaver lodge

{{gwi:173528}}

Bison with a coyote

{{gwi:173529}}

Trumpeter swans

{{gwi:173531}}

And no one family shot but here are a few clusters of folks:

Dancing

{{gwi:173532}}

Happy Daddy

{{gwi:173533}}

Sleepy baby. Note that DD's shaved head is growing in...with lots of gray at that!

{{gwi:173534}}

Sleepy Nana! (who always hates her photos)

{{gwi:173535}}

We worked hard on the walking (that was our assignment!) and he did take 16 steps our first day with him...with bribery along the way. Later he took 30 for DH but crawling is still faster. I'm certainly not concerned! He's very cautious, and that's just fine with me.

Comments (8)

• chelone
    15 years ago

OK, so what this series really means is that there will be another 98 to follow, right? ;)

Reed looks really shaHp with the insect mask on (I want one of those; could be very useful prop at Idyll get-togethers).

A great series of shots stopping a very special moment in time.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Awwww! What is more peaceful looking than the face of a small child sleeping?! Gardenbug...I love your hairdo...and glasses on the top of the head are a familiar sight. I need two pair, and I am trying to get away from having one on my face and one on my head at the same time...lol. I really can't remember the last time I was happy with a photo of myself, so I completely understand. :-)

Early grayness runs in our family. Cousins who were almost entirely gray in their thirties. Your DD has gorgeous dark hair that a little gray can only complement. It is coming in fast! Nice photo of the three men in the family. We have been known to stop strangers and ask to have a photo of all of us together when out and about. I could learn to use the timer on my camera, I suppose.

That wild area with the bison and coyotes ....I assume you were walking along a path and they were that close? What a beautiful area!

Is that Purple Emperor Sedum you are rooting? Nice root system already and a large cutting! I think I am being too stingy and end up with too small a starter plant. I love mine until it starts getting nicked then I start pulling off leaves. Sometimes there are too many to pull. I am looking into getting Bertram Anderson. I had it once and I don't know what happened to it. It is really really dark and I don't remember it nicking like the PE does. Wish they would come out with a better variegated one.

Enjoying the photos G'bug! No grandchildren or pets here, so it is a pleasure.

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Bug, It looks like you had a wonderful time with the kids and grandkids. The pictures tell it well. Some of the ones of Reed didn't download all the way, (still having connection problems here)but what I saw of him is amazing. He is a special little guy for sure.
    Is Skyler still at Disney? Norma

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Ahhhh, that first one is my favorite. Such a sweet expression.
    I enjoyed the nature walk, too.
    Sarah's hair is looking good.
    The last pic is great, but I know what you mean about pics of ourselves not looking like we would like them to. I very seldom like pics of myself.

Marian

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Skyler still has another week at Disney. School begins on September 2nd...and he will return to his old (weak!) school near his Mom's house...just to keep the peace. It is not at all in his best interest to be there though.

As to the bison, we were uncomfortably close I thought. They are far more active than cows! This fellow was next to our car and I was outside the vehicle! Sarah says that sometimes you don't see any animals there.

{{gwi:173536}}

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Marie, I like the 1st photo of Reed too, as it diplays the 'calm' side. Those of us who are children-phobes appreciate that ! Love the photo of the beaver lodge-I have never seen one 'in person'..

Kathy in Napa

• flowerluvr
    15 years ago

Precious, Bug! Lol, I know what you mean about sharing wild raspberries..and I'm pretty sure I'd share them with grandchildren ;)
    I know what you mean about pictures of yourself, but the two of you are just adorable!
    Brenda

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Beautiful photos, 'bug. And your hair is stunning! Is it too old-fashioned of me to call that style a "bob"? I have about five cowlicks that preclude such a sleek hairstyle. Oh, and Reed is pretty cute too ;)

The wedding and festivals photos have been thoroughly enjoyable. I'm wondering what that coyote thinks he's up to with those gigantic bison...