Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

Skydiving Princesses ;)

flowerluvr
14 years ago

{{gwi:173688}}

We did it! We had a weather delay on Saturday. It clouded up and they stopped jumping. Diane and I were up bright and early Sunday, in the hangar at 7:00. We were on the first load of the day, and it was just gorgeous.

{{gwi:173690}}

Since it was so early, and a pretty cool day, we had to wear flight suits and gloves. In retrospect, I'd have gotten a smaller suit. The extra fabric flapping was FAR worse for drag than my grandma arms, lol.

{{gwi:173692}}

I LOVE FREEFALL!

{{gwi:173693}}
{{gwi:173695}}

Jeff loaned me a pair of his gloves...they were also huge. I did manage to pull, though.

{{gwi:173696}}

Everyone stacks into the plane like sardines. It's no time to be bashful, lol! My instructor, Jeff is behind me, my videographer, Kenny in front of me.

{{gwi:173698}}

The reception I got when I walked into the hangar on Saturday was nothing short of amazing. What a great bunch of people. You'd think I was over there jumping every weekend. The party was a blast, and I wish I could relay all the INSANE skydiving stories I heard!

I've gotten so many nice emails from all of you, and many have asked me if there is a cause they can donate to. I'll stick in a link, by all means, DON'T feel obligated. It just happens that they're doing a really cool thing at the dropzone, at a really nice time :)

On September 12th, they're doing a jump to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Frank, one of the videographers, lost his Dad to cancer in June. He's organizing it. Turns out, he's from the same city as Chuck. Anyway, each jumper who wants to participate needs to raise $600. It all goes to ACS, and the dropzone is offering a free tandem and video to anyone who raises the money, and free jump tickets to the regulars.

If you'd like to kick in, go to the link, then click "sponsor" on the left side of the page. My instructor is Jeff Brown. Lol, he's busting everyone's kneecaps over on FB to raise more than $600. Again, if you can't, or aren't interested, no worries :)

Thanks for humoring me on the skydiving once AGAIN :) Oh, I passed my tandem levels and am free to take the AFP course to jump solo if I want to. More food for thought in the yoga fort!

Brenda

PS. There is video, I've got it edited and am trying to figure out a way around copyright issues for the music on youtube. I could post it without the music, but seeing as I'm a control freak and want it the way I want it, lol.... I'm going to see if I can get around it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jump4Hope

Comments (18)

• gardenbug
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What a treat to see more pictures of crazy Brenda! You're one terrific lady!

• anitamo
    14 years ago

Thanks for taking us along on your ride. It looks simply amazing...no proper words come to mind. How free it must feel to be up there, so weightless. You have spunk, that's for sure.

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Woohooooooooooooo! Fabulous Brenda!
    Deanne

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Fabu fabu Brenda ! I support your quest for the solo jump...

Kathy in Napa

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

So Brenda, when are you going to train for instructor? LOL Your friend Diane is a great friend to do that with you. I am positive I would have had to decline. [g] What did Diane think about it? Would she go again?

If you are looking to post video, I am pretty sure I saw that Flickr now allows you to post video.

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

My goodness! You are certainly the brave lady! I can imagine the thrill and the beautiful view, but I will pass on attempting it. :-)
    Not only do I not want to tempt fate, but my poor tissue paper skin would tear!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

So I can donate a tiny bit of money and someone will have to jump from a plane? Perfect!

What a great picture of the Princesses! Make sure to frame that one.

Glad the weather cleared and you got your jump!

Saucy

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PM, I would LOVE to be able to take people for their first tandem. That would be AWESOME! I was having trouble with copyright on the music, but apparently Photobucket doesn't have a problem with it.

Yeah, Saucy, that's how it works. Of course, Jeff WANTS to jump out of the plane, lol.
    So, without further, ado....(hopefully)

Here is a link that might be useful: 3rd Tandem

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Just watched it again...Wonderful Brenda!!!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

Awesome, Brenda!

Saucy

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

Brenda

You are one amazing lady!! Much braver than me:0)

Mary

• jak1
    14 years ago

WOW!! Just reading and looking at this terrifies me! I am so in awe of you for getting out there and meeting your personal goals! Good job!

Cheers,

Julie

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Whoa, ladies -- that is one cool excursion! Thanks for sharing, Brenda... again, you've got major brave going on there.. I was gonna use other phrase but decided it might get this thread yanked, LOL!!

-Cindy

• drema_dianne
    14 years ago

Congratulations Brenda! Your enthusiasm really shows. It must be a lot of fun to go up there, I love the pics, the colors are so bright and the photos are really sharp. I couldn't do it, but I love to see other's excitement:)

Drema

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't know about brave...goofy, maybe ;) Yeah, I have a problem!

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

I just got around to watching the video... Two questions - how did Diane like the jump? And - is there butt padding in that suit?! The landing looks like some might be useful!

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Woody, Diane LOVED it. After she had been on the ground for a few minutes, lol! She just told me last night that she's just going to HAVE to do it again. And, a partner in crime is born, lol!
    No butt padding :) The landing is actually softer than it looks. Each time I go, Jeff has me do a little more stuff. I was pulling as hard as I could to get us landed. I'm going again on the 19th, and hoping to do a picture perfect landing. I'd be THRILLED if he said we could land on our feet. We'll see!

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

Skydiving Princesses - I love it! It looks like you have found something you love and great that your friend enjoyed it also.