Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How I Spent My Summer Vacation - A Photo Essay

Posted by wendy2 zone 6 MA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 20, 09 at 12:03

Here are some pictures from Nova Scotia for you guys. What a beautiful place! My ancestors on my grandfather's side are Acadien so the trip was meaningful for me as well.

Here is a banner of the Acadien flag flying proudly in the breeze at Belliveau Cove:

Here is the lighthouse at the cove - one of many we saw.

This is low tide at Blomidon Park on the Minas Basin. One of the specks in the distance is my daughter at the waterline, about a half-mile away.

This is Blomidon Park at high tide

This is Hall's Harbor at low tide

This is Hall's Harbor at high tide, from the same bridge

This is the view from the deck on the main building at White's Point Resort where we spent 2 nights

My daughter had had 2 years of French in school, but was never taught the French word for poop. She giggled for a while over this one

Speaking of signs, these signs on the highway point the way to greenhouses (bottom left) and vineyards (bottom right) - the Idylls would be all set!

This is the view from Fort Point in Liverpool, as seen through the roses

I'll leave you with another stunning view

We absolutely fell in love with the place, and I'm sure we'll be going back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How I Spent My Summer Vacation - A Photo Essay

down east... down home... (although I'm from the next province north :-) You can't beat the east coast for picturesque! The Annapolis Valley in apple blossom season would make a good return trip - or the Wentworth Valley for fall color.

o

Wonderful, wonderful photos of your vacation Wendy, thanks for sharing. It makes me want to go back for a visit again.

Deanne

o

Great pictures, Wendy! Info signs for vineyards and greenhouses?? Sweet!
Sacs a crottes de chien? Everything DOES sound better in French, lol!
Brenda

o

Beautiful Wendy. Thanks for sharing. Norma

o

Looks like very peaceful scenery and I can almost smell the salt air! Ahhh! :-)

o

I LOVE these pics! If I could have a 'wish' an area like that is what I would choose to visit.
Thank you for posting them, Wendy.

o

Ahh, cool and refreshing photos for a hot and sticky day!

LOL, Brenda, everything ,does sound better in French.

Saucy

o

What fun. We traveled there (and beyond) when the kids were quite young. Lots of fun memories...picking blueberries and seeing moose were among them.

o

Wendy, I love the shot of Halls Harbor at low tide-something about the perspective make them look like little toy boats !

Kathy in Napa

Wonder how you say WALAT in French ?

o

It looks like a lovely place to vacation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here