Tricyrtis

Overdam with Verbena bonariensis

The yellow and blue garden in Fall mode

A view from the flats toward the house

Petals...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today at the Farm

It wouldn't be summer on the idylls without a tour of your farm, 'bug. I love to hear about your beautiful "escapees." It looks like you have room enough to handle as many as want to escape. It all still looks so fresh.

o

Way fresher than mine for sure, and such nice variety.
I have seen blue lobelia at our creek and want to bring some up but never get around to it. The red one that I brought up has spread nicely.

o

My lobelia siphilitica has escaped all over too, but doesnt look at pretty as yours, Marie. It's hard to believe there are signs of fall already - things look pretty lush and green at your Farm! Beautiful close-ups too.

Cindy

o

'bug, it all looks just magnifique ! And those little Clems..

Kathy in Napa

o

All is very beautiful Bug! Really love that anemone and C. x bonstedtii 'Crepuscule" so pretty!

Thanks for sharing
Deanne

o

Out of all the beautiful pictures, I really enjoyed the verbena and grass! What a lovely combo.

Thanks for the tour.

Saucy

o

You've obviously had a summer like ours with lots of rain to keep things so nice and green through August. I think my favorite is the yellow and blue garden. Are the blue spikes in that garden lobelia? If so they sure are pretty there.

Michelle

o

Michelle, the spikes are in fact Vitex, a very cool plant which I never expected to succeed here! In our climate it dies back to the ground in winter and emerges fairly late the next spring. It usually blooms in September, but this year was lovely in August!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vitex agnus-castus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here