Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

In the green garden today...

While the front garden is a bit of an overgrown, colorful mess at the moment, the green garden in the backyard is my cool retreat and favorite place during summer heat and humidity. The neighbour's ash tree is struggling with EAB this year but ours is still looking good so far, so it looks like the ash won't be coming down this year at least.

The rectangular lawn sets the green tone and is the calm heart of the garden. Here it is, looking across it in 4 directions:

Looking SE from under the end of the center path under the pines:

{{gwi:174638}}

From the patio looking SW past the shed, towards the 'wet corner':

{{gwi:174640}}

Looking NW from the end of the path out of the south alley:

{{gwi:174641}}

Looking NE from the shed towards the patio and the back porch where Misty and I hang out in the lounge chair most hot days! (I need to rake the path to respread mulch washed out from rain a few days ago!)

{{gwi:174642}}

The bow window at the back of the hose is in the living room. Here's the view from the living room looking at the shed:

{{gwi:174643}}

Some details....

The Kirengeshoma patch in the 'wet corner' is thriving this year. I don't have a lot of yellow in the garden (except the house!) but I love the delicate yellows of the Kirengeshoma:

{{gwi:174644}}
{{gwi:174645}}
{{gwi:174646}}

This is one of my favorite collections of foliage - by the shed:

{{gwi:19347}}

And this is another - at the south side of the ramp off the patio:

{{gwi:174647}}

Paths are one of the defining features of the backyard garden. This one heads from the shed to under the pines (you can see that the property line runs close to the back of the shed but, from a distance in the previous pictures, it looks like the garden is deeper because of the 'borrowed view' of the neighbours' evergreens behind the shed).

{{gwi:174649}}

I enjoy the colorful front garden but 'the green garden' is a whole lot more comfortable (except for the mosquitoes!) to spend time in. I hope you enjoyed it too....

Comments (9)