OK-Here are a few pics...

Sue W (CT zone 6a)
17 years ago

You asked for it-late August.

Naturally, a Schnauzer welcome

{{gwi:175264}}

A wider view

{{gwi:175266}}

Those Castor Bean plants in 4" pots are a real deal when you figure they grow into this...lol.

{{gwi:175268}}

Just a miscellaneous grouping of stuff around the cheap iron bench I found at Homegoods.

{{gwi:175270}}

Kitchen window box

{{gwi:175272}}

View of the new hot tub area from the garage. When we decided to site the tub here I was concerned that it would be the first thing people would see when they came to the door but you wouldn't believe how many people asked "What hot tub?" last night when we mentioned we had one.

{{gwi:175275}}

BANANA! Tom painted the garage door lavender but it looks light blue in all the pictures.

{{gwi:175278}}

Front door and a real Schnauzer welcome.

{{gwi:175280}}

Charles Grimaldi is definitely not as florifeous this year as last even though the entire plant wintered over dormant in the basement.

{{gwi:175282}}

Enough already, right?

Sue

Comments (14)

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Nope, not enough. I have work to do but I'd rather look at your fabu-fabu gardens!
    Lavender door! YES! Looks good with the agastache too I bet!

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Sue, THANK YOU! I loved going through these. Everything is looking so tropical and lush! One of my all time favorite gardens. I wouldn't get tired of seeing it if you posted pictures every week. Never enough of this eye candy! Oh and the lavender door is a nice touch (says the person with purple doors).

Eden

• martieinct
    17 years ago

Hail, Sue!!!!

Martie, bowing at the waist with arms outstretched:-)

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Sue, yabba dabba do!!! Just wonderful! I love them all, I'm so sad I missed your party yesterday. All the plantings look so lush and perfectly maintained. I'm never, ever going to believe you again when you say things are a mess. I just love all the window boxes and that banana! Very cool!

OK I'm going to stop typing and go and look at all these photos again.

Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Do gardeners ever get tired of fabulous garden pictures??? These are fantabulous! I'm glad that you posted pictures for us so that all your hard work really gets appreciated. This was my first year with castor beans. They are pretty cool. Yours is sited well. I put several in large containers as well. Thanks again for the tour.

Michelle

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Gorgeous, lush, tropical -- wow, you're really doing a lot with annuals too -- it's gives it such a lot of punch! You must work very hard every nite to keep up with it, Sue. Thanks for sharing -- it's looking like stills for a garden mag layout!! I adore how you've masked the hot tub area -- it truly is another little garden room.

--Cindy

• Monique z6a CT
    17 years ago

Beautiful photos Sue! We had a great time on Saturday evening and both hubby and I enjoyed our stroll around the ENTIRE garden.

Most of the plants that Sue and I have in common are so much larger in her garden. What is in the soil there LOL?

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Sue.... Looking good! Love the kitchen window box, and the blooming brug is giving me hopes...:-)
    The variegated colocasia (by the Schnauzer in the front door) looks like mine, including it's size.
    Wow! That banana sure is large!
    Thanks for the beauty.

Marian

• siennact
    17 years ago

Oh wow, what a gorgeous garden! It looks wonderful Sue. Inspirational!

Tina

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks folks! Sometimes I go through periods where I just don't like any of the pictures I take and stop taking them altogether. Now that so many plants are getting the end of season ratties, the photo ops are going to be less and less.

Monique, you and Les were just about the only guests the other night who spent any time looking at the garden. I don't know why some of my plants get so big. Mindy was saying the same thing when she was here in June. I don't water any more than I absolutely have to and the soil in the older garden areas isn't anything exceptional. Maybe it's the part shade-stuff doesn't get as stressed?

Hi Tina, thanks for stopping by!

Sue

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Beautiful pics! Wow!
    I love your house! It gave me a real cozy feeling.
    What a wonderful place to live! You have done such a wondeful job.....keeping these pics for inspiration.

Haziemoon

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Sue, Your gardens and hardscapes all blend so well together. It just looks great to me. I have problems with plants getting tall here. I think it is because of shorter sun time. The sun goes over a ridge to the west. We never get to see a sunset here.

• shari1332
    17 years ago

Thanks for sharing- love your garden! I especially love the wide shots like your hot tub picture.

• honey_mi
    17 years ago

Sue, your photos and gardens are spectacular! And I love your combos of annuals, tropicals and perennials. Thanks for the eye candy and inspiration!

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!