{{gwi:175944}}

{{gwi:175945}}

{{gwi:175946}}

{{gwi:175948}}

{{gwi:175950}}

Comments (22)

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Absolutely Katie! Always will be! All those intrusive rude things are in fact to make things better.
    Love,
    Charlotte

• denisez10
    16 years ago

Hang in there, honey.

Love and kisses (might have to get out a ladder for the latter),

Ein (the corker)

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Katie, you're just the sweetest, best girl there is! Wish you didn't have to go through that but it's to make you better. And I know your mama loves you very much and thinks you're the prettiest most special girl of all (me too!). Get better real soon!

Bud and Eden

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Jeesh Katie, at least your mom doesn't stuff you in a little plastic box to take you to those guys. We think your mom is nicer than ours. We still feel sorry for you even if you are a dog, and therefore inferior to us. You are kinda pretty though,
    Your friends, Doobie and Boo-Boo Kitty

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Awwww... Katie... I don't normally talk to you funny looking cats but Deanne told me to wish you all the best and to tell you to get well soon.
    HRH Rahjii (and Deanne too)

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Oh Katie - you're so brave! And you look beautiful:0)

doggie hugs,
    Clousseau

• Monique z6a CT
    16 years ago

Oh Katie, I kind of know what you're going through and wish you the best. I had my neck and leg shaved also when I visited the neurologist and although it was not the best look for me, my mom still loved me and told me I was beautiful.

All the best,
    Emma (with clueless brother Oliver too)

• just_t
    16 years ago

Katie, we still think you are the most beautiful (and the tallest) schnauzer we've ever seen. We sure wish your beard would grow back, but understand if you like to be without one.

Hope you are all better soon!
    Henry & George (T. sends her best, too, pretty Katie!)

• chelone
    16 years ago

Are those morphine patches on your wrists? I rather enjoyed mine for the 4 days I wore it... (it dulled the beatings).

Wrecks

PS: my skin is striped, too.

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

My mommy said I should send you a get well card, but I dont have your email, Katiedid...

I am going to hope they dont make you wear a lampshade like Mr. Rex had to, will they? Those things sure look dumb.

You are lucky to have a brother & sister who care so much about you and our Mommies sometimes take us places we'd rather not go - they say it's for our own good, but what do they know, right?

Do you get to eat whatever you want? Sometimes it is nice being sick - I hope you get to eat your most favorite things.

And get better real soon, Katie - I would like to meet you sometime!

Best regards,

Chloe

• saucydog
    16 years ago

Hope Katie and Cynthia both feel better soon! Katie, you do look stunning, I can't imagine why you'd think otherwise.

Saucy and Zeus (who doesn't have to sport the lampshade anymore and after an uneventful bath is back to his old handsome self....hmmm)

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

(((Hugs))) to you Katie. I think you are beautiful and regal.

Jaden (Michelle too)

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

{{gwi:175951}} {{gwi:175953}} {{gwi:175954}} {{gwi:175955}} {{gwi:175957}} {{gwi:166311}} {{gwi:175958}} {{gwi:175959}} {{gwi:175961}} {{gwi:175963}} {{gwi:175965}} {{gwi:175966}} {{gwi:175967}} {{gwi:175969}} {{gwi:175971}}

• cynthia_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Katie is feeling much better about her inverse poodle cut today. Thanks for the therapy :) Chloe! You outdid yourself, especially for a white fluffy!

Her back of course still hurts so she hasn't been able to do a full body shake for some time. But the air moving across her head is making her try to shake from the neck up. Poor babe. She had the CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) tap yesterday and joint taps in front leg and rear knee. The good news is that the CSF fluid was cloudly- so we're anxiously awaiting lab results which will come in from different places over the next week. Some may be back tomorrow. I know that doesn't seem like good news, but her pain has been going on since April and this means we may be close to determining the problem and that feels good to me :) Plus with every 4 digit diagnostic procedure we do it's adding up to a down payment on a beach house.

I've found myself having 'allergy' attacks (brief) more frequently, so took the camera along to give me something more fun to do. Otherwise I sniffle all the way there. Of course the batteries died when we got to the office so I couldn't take pictures of the staff making a fuss over the sweet girl, while Katie lies on the floor and thumps her tail and roos quietly for kisses. She is the BEST patient.

I left while she was having the procedures and went to a nearby nursery that is getting used to us stopping by on the way home from the neurologist. (It's an hour from my house.) Everyone wanted to know where Katie was, and when I bought my dwarf greenstripe bamboo, they loaded me up with dog cookies for her :)

So, thank you all for your kindness. Hoping we have an answer soon and she can start feeling better. (Me too!)

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Cynthia, thinking of both of you. Hope you have the answer soonest!

• chelone
    16 years ago

It was difficult to watch the Huge One hopping around on 3 legs; the worst was watching him struggle to "drop a deuce" (thanks, Wendy!) on one functional hind leg AND on a leash AND on the front lawn!

Hang tough. And please know I'm so hoping you at least receive a diagnosis that will enable the treatment of Katie's pain. They're so stoic, aren't they?

(((Cynthia)))

The vet. took one look at Rex and wondered if they should muzzle him... but the staffers said, "No! he's obedient and very, very gentle." He charmed them, the same way I'm sure Katie has. (I swear by regular beatings!).

• denisez10
    16 years ago

LOL on "drop a deuce." Rushed in to take informal family poll on familiarity with phrase. Only youngest DS had heard of it. Priceless, Wendy. I've got a 3-legged cat (missing front leg), Newt, my little monkey-cat. Kind of brindle, like Katie. Should call her St. Newt. I bandaged her hurt leg daily for months until it was clear the use of the leg would never be regained. Imagine what it's like pulling adhesive off fur. What stoic creatures.

I missed out on initial symptoms going on since April and back pain. Wonder what the docs suspect it could be.

• cynthia_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Not a skinhead anymore :)

{{gwi:166330}}

{{gwi:175978}}

{{gwi:175981}}

{{gwi:175982}}

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

LOL!

I vote for #1 Hat.

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

I rather like number 3..elegant and sophisticated-an Audrey Hepburn look if you will...

• deanneart
    16 years ago

I pick Number 2. ROTFLOL!!!! What an expression. Love it.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

My fav is #1. I like the twist of the cap being on sideways. A very sassy look! Katie, you're gorgeous in each and every hat and picture!

Cynthia, I still think you should spring for that Jackie O pillbox I posted a link to a while back. Or how about these, the black for Monty, the pony print for Dannie and the pink crushed velvet for Katie. What a trio they would make!

Eden

Here is a link that might be useful: hats

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County