Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Above 90 at the farm

gardenbug
16 years ago

Too hot to move...but I took some photos to share what August 1st looks like.

{{gwi:176213}}

{{gwi:176218}}

{{gwi:176219}}

{{gwi:176220}}

{{gwi:165521}}

{{gwi:176222}}

{{gwi:176223}}

{{gwi:176225}}

And the following are buds to plants I sowed from seeds Cynthia sent me a few years ago. I believe they are a type of Angelica, but not gigas. Can't wait to see what pops up soon!

{{gwi:176227}}

{{gwi:176229}}

{{gwi:176231}}

{{gwi:176233}}

Comments (17)

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Wonderful 'bug ! Love the alternating red-yellow petal daylily, and the plant you got from Cindy looks so intrigueing..wonderful photos as usual .. (what is you camera ??)
    Kathy in Napa

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

It is Angelica Gigas! I may have sent you A. Pachycarpa too but that's very different. I love this plant in all of it's stages. Beautiful photos bug.

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Marvelous photographs Bug! I just love the blue and orange combo and that anglica is gorgeous. I'm going to have to find room for that plant somewhere. Thanks for sharing.

Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Lots of interesting things going on there. I agree the angelica gigas is a pretty cool plant. I like the clematis climbing in the hydrangea.

Michelle

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

I took pics of that Angelica at Longwood, 'bug but couldnt decide what it was - but the pods looked so neat - just like these you've photo'd - thanks for the plant i.d.!

Great color - really eye popping! You are such a close-up artiste. And I see some really great color combos. Thanks for brightening our hot, hot, hot day.

--cindy

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Despite the heat you have many beautiful things to enjoy. Bravo!

Mary

• denisez10
    16 years ago

That A. gigas is going to look smashing with the helenium behind, very autumnal.

If that is helenium.

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

I am so glad you are finding so much beauty in your gardens dispite the drought and being gone so long. All of your pics are lovely. I hope the 90s do not last long. It is finally supposed to get that hot here.I am rather concerned about how the two of us will take it...we aren't as tolerable as we used to be.:-(
    If we get too uncomfortable, we will go somewhere that has AC.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some updates here. Why do I feel like a voyeur taking these shots?
    {{gwi:176235}}

{{gwi:176238}}

{{gwi:176241}}

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

I can send seeds to those in the US this fall. (Not sure what the APHIS rules are these days for Bug in Canada.) I know I sent them to a few idylls two years ago. They need warm then cold strat to germ most quickly. But very fresh seed may not need treatment. I have these all over the property now, but my original big patch behind some persicaria is small this year. Must need to weed some other things out to make room!

• saucydog
    16 years ago

Wow! Somehow I missed this thread! Great photos GB....I wish I could see the farm in person!

I want to see more installments of the Angelica!

Saucy

• denisez10
    16 years ago

I saw a bit stand of A. gigas at Heronswood some years ago, in full bloom, underplanted with lysimachia numm. Some things you just don't forget.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Well Marie, I thought I'd posted to this thread but I don't see it. So...very nice. Love the combo in #4. I think I may be becoming a fan of orange. I've always loved blue in the garden and the orange really adds something to it. I also especially like the hydrangea/clematis combo. And that angelica gigas is very cool too.

Cynthia, could you put me down for some seeds please?

Like Saucy, I'd love to see the farm in person someday. I know it's even more beautiful than the pictures show. Thanks for the glimpses!

Eden

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Y'all come!
    I've added more orange today Eden. Some trollius and crocosmia along with new blue gentians, a sentimental touch in honour of my Dad.

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Cynthia, pretty please could I have some too? ;o)

Michelle

• just_t
    16 years ago

Pretty pics 'bug.

Neat plants 'bug and Cynthia!

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Love the oranges! I grew A. gigas here one year and it never reseeded. Maybe I should try again.

Looks great, Marie!

Sue

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals