Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triple_creek

Container Mania

triple_creek
17 years ago

The containers have carried the garden this year as I couldn't get enough water on the gardens with such heat and lack of rain to make the rest look nice. I love my perrenials,but the containers are helping to dress things up. Norma

{{gwi:176709}}

{{gwi:176711}}

{{gwi:176713}}

{{gwi:176714}}

{{gwi:176715}}

{{gwi:176716}}

{{gwi:176717}}

{{gwi:176719}}

{{gwi:176721}}

{{gwi:176722}}

{{gwi:176723}}

{{gwi:176724}}

{{gwi:176725}}

Comments (12)

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Norma, these look awesome!!!! I love them all. Is that one of those Diamond Frost Euphorbia in with your Felix? That is a fantastic combination. What is that tall purple plant in the third photo? Thanks so much for this thread. I just love containers!

Deanne

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Norma, you container piker, you! You've been hiding all these great container combos from us all season. Thanks for coming out...lol.

Sue

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanne, The purple plant in the third pic is Coleus Midnight Train. Yes that is Diamond Frost with Felix. Can it be propagated?

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Norma

Those are STUNNING! You have some lovely pots as well as beautiful combinations. Thank you for sharing with us.

Mary

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Beautiful! So many lovely combos. Refresh my memory as to what the purple plant in the 8th pic is. I know we talked about them last year, but I've heard no mention of them this year.I meant to get one, and never did.
    I love the 'frilly' white flowers with the dark coleus. What are they?

Marian

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Norma, what a treat to see all your fabulous containers. What great combinations and I love all the containers themselves, you have some beautiful ones. The tall colbalt blue one really caught my eye.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marian, I think you may mean the ninth picture. That is Persian Shield. This was my first year for it. I love the irridessant (sp?) color of the leaves.

The frilly white flowers with the Felix coleus is Euphorbia Diamond Frost. Another first for me. It has bloomed non stop. I'm trying to find out how to propagate it.

Michelle I loved that tall blue pot when I saw it too. I bought quite a few new pots this year. I really watched for sales and bargains. I was really wondering what I was going to do with them all this winter. As it turns out our son came into an almost new wooden portable shed (barn style) he is selling to us half price, and boy do we need outside storage.

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Yes, that's it. Thanks. I didn't see any at the places I shopped.
    You have a lot of lovely pots to put your plants in. Mine are the utimate in el cheapo!

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Norma, you've been holding out on us! Beautiful container gardens. Your coleus are so lush and huge! I'm going to attempt overwintering e.diamond frost and another one I have e.faded jeans. You can overwinter the strobilanthis too. It's easy. I do and I believe so does Deanne. You do have a nice collection of pots there. All the better that you got good deals! Thanks for sharing these. I really enjoyed looking at them. I think I'm going to have to add Midnight Train to my collection next year.

Eden

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Norma, I haven't grown that Diamond Frost so I don't know if or how it can be propagated. I'm looking forward to hearing how you and Eden do with over wintering it. Eden is right, I do overwinter my strobilanthes. Last year I top and root pruned a plant and it came through beautifully. I also took what I pruned off and rooted it and got a few more plants that way. I LOL when I read Eden's post about wanting to add Midnight Train to her coleus collection because I'm thinking the same thing.

Deanne

• wendy2
    17 years ago

Norma, what wonderful containers! I love the combinations, and the plants themselves. Thanks for sharing them with us!

I overwintered Diamond Frost in the basement - it lost all the leaves and I thought it was dead, then in March or so it started to leaf out.

• martieinct
    17 years ago

Norma:

Somehow I missed this thread when it was posted. Better late than never: These are Incredible!!

I love the sun container most, I think. My fav combo is the orange impatiens with pink spotted plants. Isn't it fun to use strange sounding color combos in containers?

Martie