Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Idyll Zinnias

Posted by michelle_zone4 zone 4 NW IA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 23:33

Since the Idylls went on a zinnia craze this spring, lets see what we all came up with. Here a few of mine, lets see yours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Idyll Zinnias

Those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michelle!!! I only have one pot with a zinnia in it and I bought it not started from seed. How do you keep them without powdery mildew and slug damage? I have real difficulties with these beauties.

Deanne

o

I only planted two varieties. Maybe more will bloom later. The garden needs weeding desperately!

o

Here's my Green Envy zinnias planted with salvia farinacea - they're just now getting started (because of all the wet cool weather):

Michelle, that's quite a collection you have there! GB, pretty colors you chose - I like the pale yellow (reminds me of the digitalis lutea).

Saucy

o

Beautiful! Maybe I should print these photos and staple them to a stick and plunge it in the spots where my zinnias were to grow, lol. For reasons Deanne has given, I pulled all mine, but noticed last week I overlooked a Red Spider zinnia, now lightly blooming. I had heard good things about this zinnia, and judging by its determination to live and bloom will give it a better spot next time.

o

That pale yellow is supposed to be the same as Saucy's green! Who knows why, I'll blame the weather.

o

Very cute - I'd love to see long shots too for the real effect....

Not a zinnia to be had on my property - I may copy denise & put your pinups in the front, LOL. Great idea.

-cindy

o

Will the real Green Envy now please stand up ?

From Garden 2009

Old Mexico

From Garden 2009

Giant Cactus

From Garden 2009

From Garden 2009

Magellan, I think .

From Garden 2009

From Garden 2009

Kathy in Napa

o

I'm feeling an urge to go hunting for a pot of zinnias tomorrow. These are all lovely specimens, rainbow colors and so many different shaped petals!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here