{{gwi:177107}}

{{gwi:177109}}

{{gwi:177111}}

{{gwi:177113}}

{{gwi:177115}}

{{gwi:177117}}

{{gwi:177119}}

{{gwi:177121}}

One last one of the wildflower area with my borrowed view across the road of the beans turning yellow.

Comments (8)

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

I don't know how you manage Michelle! Everything looks so neatly planned and executed. The colors and textures...

"Executed" takes on a different meaning in my gardens, especially after two weeks of my being away....

• saucydog
    13 years ago

Your gardens still look very fresh for this time of year. It looks like you had a very nice summer.

I need to take notes of your gardens and move some of my things around to more pleasing vignettes. GB is spot on - your execution is excellent!

• chelone
    13 years ago

Such pretty tableaux.

I am forever amazed at how flat the countryside is and I love the shot of the corn. The other thing I noticed is the way the light is different... for me, I think, that is the one telltale sign that autumn is approaching.

• deanneart
    13 years ago

How absolutely GORGEOUS! Everything looks wonderful Michelle. You have so much fall color in your borders and the containers are brilliant. What is the small leaved chartreuse plant spilling over the edge of the pot in the fourth container? And that shot with the shaft of sunlight hitting the Sum and Substance and Hakone grass is TTT (Too Totally Terrific)! Love them all and many thanks for sharing these. I'll be back to peruse again.

Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure I'm really a planner but more of a plopper.

I meant to mention that the corn is broom corn and the tassels are the seeds. I've already used a couple in a large floral arrangement, which is why I grew it.

It was a good summer rain-wise, but I actually haven't spent much time out there in at least a month. With vacations and having Kenzie so often and other commitments.

Deanne, that is an oxalis 'Molten Lava'

Michelle

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Wonderful Michelle ! I love it when you post photos of your garden. Your pillar pot is awesome.. do you have the same arrangement in both ? Very dramatic !

Kathy in Napa

• drema_dianne
    13 years ago

Michelle, thanks for letting us visit! Your borders are so well put together, interesting color variation. I love the broom corn, and will have to keep it in mind for next summer. Your combo pots look great too!

Drema

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Such lush color at this time of the year - unlike the burntout stuff I see in my area -- your "plopper" ways, Michelle are done with a terrific instinct then for color, texture and a great eye.

So lovely!! You've truly planned a wonderful 4 season garden -- it's so fun to see how it's matured in the last few years.

--Cindy

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County