Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Morning walk end of August

deanneart
17 years ago

Here are a few more photos from my 'walk about' with the camera the other morning. These are all from the back gardens.

I just love the morning light on the patio.

{{gwi:177533}}

A few shots of the Terrace Garden

{{gwi:177535}}

{{gwi:177536}}

{{gwi:177538}}

{{gwi:177541}}

The Sundial Garden

{{gwi:177542}}

{{gwi:177543}}

And a closeup

{{gwi:177544}}

The Shade Garden

{{gwi:177546}}

{{gwi:177547}}

{{gwi:177548}}

{{gwi:177549}}

{{gwi:177550}}

{{gwi:177551}}

{{gwi:177552}}

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed our walk.

Deanne

Comments (8)

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Deanne, I like the morning light in your garden too. That is my favorite time of day to view the garden and one of the reasons I don't get an early start on the work I need to be doing. I really like the texture and color of your patio too. Its a nice backdrop for the plants. I have always wanted a rock wall with draping plants like the second photo. I probably could do that with the new berm bed. The last picture of the fushia looks like a future painting project to me. By the way didn't you have a lot of work to do? LOL

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

A beautiful walk! Thank you for taking us with you.

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

The first picture of the patio reminds me so much of a tropical location. What a wonderful place to sit. I also really enjoyed the pictures of your shade garden. Which hydrangea is that white one? I like the picture with the phlox in the background. Those last 2 fuschia pictures are stunning. I agree with Norma about new material for your paintings.

Michelle

• deanneart
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Norma, Marian and Michelle!

Norma, There is nothing quite like the early morning light in the gardens. Like you I absolutely love it and even when I'm supposed to be doing something else sometimes I just have to grab my camera and record things when the light is right. ~~ The patio is stamped concrete. We waited a few years before being able to do it but are so happy we waited until the budget allowed. We love the color and texture of the patio also.

Michelle, ROTFLOL, yes the patio is a lovely place to sit but I never seem to do it. I have all these benches all over the place that I almost never use. I LOVE to have company so I can sit and enjoy the space. ~~ That hydrangea is a standard Hydrangea paniculata 'Tardiva'. It has been in there for a very long time and is the highlight of the shade area this time of the year. That phlox I've photographed it against is my favorite 'Nora Leigh'.

Deanne

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Everything looks wonderful, Deanne! I especially like the reflection shot of the coleus in the birdbath. You certainly are going to have your work cut out for you if you plan to winter over all those plants.

Sue

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Deanne - I can NEVER get enough of your garden, or your gorgeous photos. The portrait of the fuchsia is particularly stunning. Thank you for sharing those with us (and keep them coming!) One thing I have missed is seeing your paintings. Do you have anything you could email or link us to?

Mary

• martieinct
    17 years ago

Have I said how much Better (if you can believe it) this looks in person? 'Nora Leigh' is being added to my garden in a place of honor. Full, deep bloom and NO, and I mean NO, mildew. The foliage in full sun seemed to hold it's variegation well. I'm saying all this because if Deanne is like me, she sees it so often that she doesn't understand how special it is. Glowing foliage doesn't hurt, either.

Martie

• deanneart
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sue, Mary and Martie, thanks!

Sue, I have no idea where I'm going to pack all these tender plants indoors for the winter. I'm starting to have anxiety attacks about it. LOL

Mary, I actually haven't painted anything new in quite a while. I'll let you know when I do. Thanks for asking.

Martie, you'll never regret giving 'Nora Leigh' room in your gardens. It is my very favorite perennial.

D