Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

End of August (part 2) photo heavy

deanneart
16 years ago

So continuing on our tour hereÂs a pic of the front of the house. You can see the yellow containers on the front walk. They really Âsparkle things up.

{{gwi:177637}}

The driveway garden. The urn is looking quite nice right now. The hibiscus is about to finish up but has been going strong for weeks. I really love that variety. You can see the clump of asters getting ready to open in the foreground

{{gwi:177638}}

The container garden area has filled in beautifully.

{{gwi:177639}}

My pot of callas. The yellow and purple flowers have been blooming for a while and the dark purple ones have just opened in the last week.

{{gwi:177640}}

{{gwi:177641}}

Moving around to the back yard here is a view of the patio.

{{gwi:177642}}

A closeup of one of the patio containers

{{gwi:177643}}

The Sundial and Terrace Gardens at dawn

{{gwi:177644}}

Terrace Gardens

{{gwi:177646}}

Sundial Garden

{{gwi:177647}}

The corner with the hydrangea and the new large hanging basket.

{{gwi:177648}}

A close-up of the large hanging basket

{{gwi:177649}}

The containers on the fence on the west side of the back yard.

{{gwi:177650}}

A grouping of containers on the small deck by the pond

{{gwi:177651}}

{{gwi:177652}}

I love the color combinations of these coleus

The shade area next to the shed

OK thatÂs probably enough for now. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Deanne

Comments (10)

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

I love and admire everything on your property, but that sundial garden photo at dawn is just beyond stunning! You should either frame that and market it, or turn it in to a painting. Everything is just right and I could look at it forever.

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

Wonderful container gardening as well as all your other plantings.

• gldno1
    16 years ago

I am one of those sad dial-up people with very few choices to make a change (rural), but sometimes I know it is worth the wait and I persevere. Deanne, your gardens are always worth viewing. Absolutely gorgeous.

Do you remember some time back giving us your garden plan for the driveway bed? I still have that and have used it as inspiration for my hummingbird/drive bed.

Thanks for a lovely Sunday morning tour.

• just_t
    16 years ago

Both of these photo threads are gorgeous Deanne. Thank you for spending all the time to take the photos and upload them for us to enjoy.

T.

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Someday I am just going to have to talk DH into a trip to NH just to see these fabulous gardens in person. Its all so lovely on the screen, I can't imagine what it must be like in person. Thanks for sharing the beauty that you have created.

Michelle

• deanneart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate your positive comments.

Gldno1, yes I remember when I posted that map with the driveway garden plantings. So glad you've used it for inspiraton.

Michelle, I'd absolutely love it if you and DH could come for a visit! You are welcome to come any time. Just be warned that I'll talk your ears off about plants and compost. LOL.

Deanne

• babs_clare
    16 years ago

Oh Deanne! I feel compelled to blow off work and just stare at all these gorgeous pics! There's so much to see in every nook and cranny of your shots-I love especially the garden at dawn pic. Thanks for taking time to share so many with us.
    Now you have me thinking more deeply about Callas-those red ones are stunning. BTW what is the name of that Plectranthus behind the first Calla grouping? That looks like one I have-mine didn't have a nametag when I bought it.
    Thank you-THANK YOU: )

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Deanne, your gardens look every bit as great as your containers. I know how much work it is for you to keep it all looking so beautiful. You're really something girl! It's all just wonderful. I loved taking this tour of your very special gardens! Thanks.

Eden

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Awesome Deanne ! Rich, colorful and beautifully groomed.I've looked at it over and over-thanks for the inspiration...

Kathy in Napa

• crunchpa
    14 years ago

Thats really nice. Why I am I wasting money visiting botanic gardens? I will just walk by your house.