Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vtskiers

Idyll #332 Countdown to Fall

Sue W (CT zone 6a)
16 years ago

Despite some hot humid weather the past couple of days, I can see and feel the signs.

Carry On!

Comments (103)

• chelone
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beautiful day here "on the compound". REALLY windy, I noticed that the sailboats all had their mains reefed at least one point. If you were offshore and heading downeast or south you'd have made some really good time today!

Looks like one more day for the mason, and it will be a short one. They have a few more courses of the exterior brick to lay (the chimney is inside the building), the roofing material and flashing are still "pending", and then there's the final "wash" of the bricks. So the stageing will remain in place for a short week (I hope). The conduit for the electricity, cable, and phone lines is to be laid to the house next week. I am still very uncomfortable about the lack of communication but the helpmeet says he has it "wired" and I'm giving him the resonsibility on this one. I hope I am wrong in my feelings of doom...

I finished up some black out curtains for the wheelhouse of one of the Coast Guard Cutters today (this blackens the area that houses the radar and infrared equipment). And then moved on to a series of 3 vinyl cushions, duplicated from the fragmentary originals. I'm unsure about the placement of the snaps that will afix them to the boat, but if they're in the wrong place I'll be the second person to know! Snaps are tricky... they have to be in the RIGHT place or they are useless. And when you're copying something that's old and crumbling they're NEVER in the right place.

The fart machine I received for my birthday has proven a big hit in the shop. It's been most convincing buried under fabric, but today my coworker asked me if I'd tried putting it down my pants... nooo... but it was a tremendous idea! With the speaker toward the body the effect is very subtle... pointing away from the body the effect is more dramatic. We had an especially good time with the UPS driver (we love him) and another funny patron who we were certain would find it funny, too. I offer absolutely no defense and will probably laugh about that stuff until I finally drop dead. The 3 of us decided we need to acquire some fake puke and some fat -hit, too. ;)

No calls from the nursing home this week (so far!). I presume that means they either haven't allowed Mum to USE the hearing aids, or they have yet to lose them... OR, they have lost them but are afraid to call me and tell me... LOL (I like gallows humor, too).

I love Kirengeshoma palmata. It's a great plant, very understated and rather slow to establish itself. I have 3 of them, and one has really taken off. It is in nice rich, deep soil and it gets northeast sun... lots of sun early season and then decreasing to simply morning sun. I've found they like humusy soils that retain moisture (think Astilbes, Cimicifugas, Chelone, Hostas). I love the mottled maple-like leaves and the yellow flowers that you expect would open, but DON'T. Be prepared to wait a bit for it to return dividends, in my opinion.

Spencer had a down day yesterday. I think he was fighting the infection that seemed to have settled in over the weekend. He did a lot of sleeping and couldn't wait to cozy up with Mummy last night! He's fit as a fiddle today, and it's about time for me to shove another pill down his little craw. You know Eden, Wrecks IS a happy dog. He knows what to expect, when to expect it, and bounces right back when he gets "put in his place". He's good company... for a dog! ;)

I can't wait to see the cow blackboard. And would you please post a shot of the Halloween cats? I had forgotten them until you mentioned them and now I really want to see them again. I think your Mom is wonder; I have two quilts my grandmother made (Grandma's GaHden) and they're lovely. I also have 3 hand crocheted string bedpreads done by my great-aunts. My maternal relations were incredibly skilled craftsmen. I guess I inherited the gene, too... but it manifests itself in different way. I would also like to know about your lettering. Did you select a font and enlarge it... how did you do it? I have 5 cornices that I very much want to stencil with "sayings", but haven't really thought about how to accomplish it... maybe you could offer a suggestion?

I also want to learn more about how to ship little divisions of some of the bounty here, "on the compound". I don't know how to do it, but nothing would jazz me more than sending little morsels to people I know in faraway places.

OK, gotta go.

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

I'm not happy about Charlotte...
    Will check out more tomorrow. Meanwhile, she doesn't even want to sleep on her rug, take meds or food of any kind, etc. She's not throwing up or bloated...but hasn't eaten in days. We've followed both the vet's advice and the homeopathic route.

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

GOod evening

GB - I'm sending Charlotte some good vibes hoping she will take a turn for the better. Hugs for you too.

Chelone - David has a very convincing piece of fake dog poop he enjoys tricking people with. He last left it for our pet sitter to discover...

Deanne - I've tried overwintering Datura like Brugs, letting them go dormant and storing in the dark. However, I was unable to revive them come spring. Perhaps I'll try cuttings this year.

The garden clean up has progressed according to schedule and I'm feeling pleased with the results. As the purpose of the talk is to collect seed rather than comment on my garden design, I've decided things are in OK shape. There is plenty for the hunter-gatherer to find and I'm hoping participants will go home happy. The weather looks as though it will cooperate and I've decided to serve scones with homemade blueberry jam and iced tea for refreshments. (I'm saving the wine for me when everyone has left). These are completely optional on my part but I love to entertain when people are in the garden so tomorrow will be no exceptioin. I've also finished preparing the talk I am giving (I almost forgot that part LOL!) Tomorrow's clean-up assignment is fairly light - just two small beds and a final sweep of the patio and I'm done.

Time to turn in for the night - I'm done to a turn.

Mary

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

I really, really have to finish my newspaper column tonight, but cannot resist a brief Idyll.My dentist said I can start softly brushing my teeth ing the gum surgery area-that means real food cannot be far behind. He told me to phase into it a bit. I wonder how long I need to wait before eating pecan sautéed Brussels sprouts? I am ready right now !

Denise.. What a great photo of your DSs friend- how exotic looking and beautiful sheYour DS is obviously talented- is he the next Annie Lebowitz ? Richard Avedon ?

Chelone.. I had an electrician in last week to fix a couple of non-operational switches and receptacles, and test some stuff in by garden lighting scheme and installed a couple of can lights where I had those 70s era globes. He was polite, responsive, and efficient, and the bill has not come yet ! I was pretty happy with the whole experience. I hope ypur electrical woes are resolved-I always feel so helpless in the face of an electrical issue, even though I have bought or managed folks who have bought those products for 20 years.

Eden, wow, so the creepy guy aka Angela is really going on tour ! Hope he/she can drop by here for a visit.

Hi Michelle, cool little tale about Kenzies garden tour ..

Okay this is all I can manage tonight---hi-ho to all

Kathy in Napa

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

Well, it's a bit late for me but I got out of bed frustrated from a call w/ Dad -- more psycho sis, stupid stuff - relating to material goods... Im a bit amazed at myself that Im so resentful and angry w/ her - i guess it's these times that brings all old family biz to the fore..

so I thought i'd find some more pleasant things to think of -- creepy guy Lansbury going on an idyll tour makes me laugh -- and tales of Kenzie lovin her grandma's garden makes me smile -- I actually remember doing that in my grandmom's garden - maybe it's how I ended up here, uh? She had mostly roses, a huge lilac and a whole sideyard of LOV (my birthday flower) -- yea, I know, invasive - but it was wonderful smell and scene to a kid - as I recall that side of the house was very shady, probably why it was a great groundcover for them...I spent many a summer and spring there digging and watching the flowers and inspecting things.

So Im thinking about Mary serving scones & jam in her garden while giving an expert talk on seed gathering in her charming accent and lovely hostess w/ the mostest -- and Sue getting ready for a wonderful blowout Conservancy gig...

And Kathy waiting anxiously for brussel sprouts w/ pecans!

I snuck around to look at my new agave collection - im pretty enthralled w/ it -- there's one called agave geminiflora which is just really cool (not the typical agave broad leaf shape) and I dont think there's a lovelier one than the mediopicta alba -- nature was really a genius when that one was created! Even my houseguest who's NOT a plant/flower person thinks these new agaves are pretty cool looking - she approves. Let's hope I can take care of 'em!

'bug - I hope Charlotte perks up - I had Chloe acting a bit weird tonite myself; but not as oddly as Charlotte's behavior. Let's hope it's the change in weather/seasons or something perhaps? Thinking good thoughts for her.

Well, now that I've calmed down a bit; guess I should go check out possible sleep again.

Nite nite all - Mary good luck w/ your talk - Im sure you will enchant them!

--Cindy

• denisez10
    16 years ago

Charlotte, please pull yourself together. Maybe a little broth? I threw up last night in the closet, sort of out of the way and not in the foot traffic areas, which I think the bipeds appreciate. It was probably the bananas. Love and kisses, Ein, the corker.

I was googling a 'Flevo Party' purple gladiolus yesterday, which occasioned the funhouse-mirror effect of being linked to the idylls, March 2006, I believe. I forget if it was Eden or Michelle, but any info, thumbs up or down on this dwarf glad would be appreciated. Michelle, little Kenzie, "go see grandma's garden," touching the plants -- I'm reduced to a puddle, stop already!

Deanne, the first thing my wicked, cynical side thought about your neighbor's new-found interest in your garden is that she must have had her meds changed, lol. And that old broken down birdbath can be recruited for plant stand duty now, right?

Kathy, when you finish that interminable column will you please provide a link? What's mushy but wonderful? Pudding? It'd take a long while before I'd be tired of soup. Cream of wheat with cinnamon and butter (no raisins for you). Crab/parmesan cheese omelette? Twice-baked potatoes with gruyere cheese, sour cream, chives? This is no time for counting calories. We had lentils and couscous for dinner tonight, which would probably have been fine for you, though perhaps not your favorite ;>)

Talk of stenciling reminds me that at one time I thought "Gastronomia" over the kitchen doorway was a good idea -- maybe a little too much pressure on the cook, though.
    Chelone, would I be correct in guessing that you had no sisters, only brother(s)? That would be correct for me, and I definitely have a frat-house sense of humor.

Mary, D-Day approaches -- well, that's probably not very helpful. You're going to be marvelous, I know it. I actually made scones too on vacation in Oregon.

Have we got big plans for the creepy guy, which is not to say that he's stopping here first necessarily...

Hi, Cindy. That's what the medio-picta is for, to stare at its geometric, poetic precision when all heck is breaking loose around you. Score on the geminiflora, one of my faves too.
    G'night, all.

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

I could eat lentils and couscous all day, especially with some mushrooms thrown in. Lemon yogurt,black krim tomatoes chopped up in the cottage cheese, split pea soup, minestrone, and we are about to introduce black bean and rice burritos with lots of av and a tad of tom.Journalistic masterpiece will be linked by this weekend.Better get some smelling salts lest you faint from the excitement.
    K in Napa

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

Good green morning! Seems strange to see non-brown grass and am happy for all you got some much needed rain.

Datura: I had a field of it at my old garden and know with certainty that it reseeds in its non-hybrid form. Found the link below earlier this year. Scroll down past the BRUG SEEDS!!!! and you'll get to Datura. I can testify to the fact that seeding these babies is Not Hard.

Tender Cuttings: Hereby promise to make a concerted effort to not need to replace any tenders -- coleus, fushia, geranium, etc. -- next year. Yah, Right!!! If Deanne does the workshop, I'll be first in line!!

And speaking of Deanne overwintering -- gotta tell her/you that I'm incredibly proud of her overwintering 'Goodwin Creek' since it is a totally benign neglect plant and it must've been difficult to keep from babying the thing.

Love the idea of Eden writing ending up on Sue's shed.

And love the idea that Bella has so many wonderful females in her life.

Kenzie's comment hit me hard. I remember saying the same thing and looking at Zinnias which weren't much shorter than me in my grandmothers garden.

Had the first Brandywine for dinner last night. Nothing Like Those Tomatoes!!!!

Somehow I missed the journey of Eden's "friend." .... Fill me in?

Kathy -- If you ever want to be nationally syndicated let me know. There is a woeful lack of good periodical garden writers lately. The one for the local paper out here seems to have gotten into a rut and is running basically the same articles as the last two years.

Chelone: Shipping plants is easy and a friend of mine came up with a perfect way of getting them places intact -- she uses old coffee cans with holes punched in the lids for smaller plants or root cuttings. Water the bejeesus out of them before packing. Yes, a bit more weight but absolutely no chance of squishing. For larger, I also like wrapping the soaked plant in newspaper before packing. Unless something's going to west of the rockies, three day delivery is usually sufficient and doesn't cost much more than regular.

Thanks for all encouragement about Kyle. I'm beginning to appreciate leaving the house and coming back to it intact. LOL

Everyone have a great day.

Martie

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

GOod morning

Denise - your son's photo is stunning - what a great eye he has. The black and white with the splash of red is something my DH would really appreciate. Nice earings too!! It must be exciting seeing what DS shoots next.

Martie - I had my first Brandywine tomato last night too - the deer have figured out how to stick their noses through the fence to filch the ripening fruit and have got to most of them before me. This one escaped however and it was juicy and delicious! I also made Ratatouille with my asian eggplant, farmers market peppers and zuccinni. Mmmm - the tastes of summer.

Have a great day everyone

Mary

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Good morning all,

Well we are in for a gorgeous day today. Perfect fall weather. Temps started out at 52 this AM and will go into the lower 70s. Ive still got more work to do to pick up after the wind yesterday. It seems no matter what I do to anchor the big brugs the wind can take them down this time of the year. Also, all those lovely flowers on the CG were toast and I had to remove every blossom that was open. Ive now got the thing tied to the fence in three places and hopefully it wont take the fence with it the next time the wind blows! LOL I sure hope Sue didnt have any damage from the wind yesterday. Oh yes, one of my fuchsia standards was lying on the ground also even though Id put bricks in the pot to anchor it down. Ive got to move that plant to a more protected location. Fortunately it only lost some branches but not the head of the standard that has taken two years to grow on.

Mary, Ive done a bit of research and according to info you supposedly can over winter the daturas or take cuttings. Im thinking Im going to try the cutting route with it and see how it goes. ~~ Sounds like youve got everything ready for your talk tonight. Wishing you all the best of luck with it and of course, have a great time!

Martie, thanks for the link to the datura seeds. I might give it a try even though Im not really a seed person. Id really like to have one of those double yellow ones next year. ~~ LOL about the Goodwin Creek. I really didnt do anything special I just kept it with the rest of the plants under the lights in the basement.

Kathy, you made me hungry with the food descriptions. Sounds like youre healing up. Yea! ~~ Whats the article about? I missed that one. Im LOL because when I have a painting deadline I do the same thing. Ill pop in here instead of sitting down with my brushes.

Denise, yes indeed the old bird bath is going to be recycled, Im probably going to plant some succulents in the bowl and will definitely use the stand as a plant stand. Ive got to chip off the knob that sticks up on the center of the stand though. ~~ LOL about changing meds.

Cindy so sorry about the family crapola. I think that kind of baggage seems to follow us around for life. Ive got a couple of sisters that get my back up instantly. I dont know if its intentional on their part but those knee jerk reactions never go away regardless of how many times I tell myself to just chill out.

Bug, I sure hope Charlotte perks up soon. So sorry shes still not well.

Michelle, if you were my neighbor we probably wouldnt have a fence between our properties but have one continuous garden from one yard to the next! Wouldnt that be the best fun? ~~ LOl about containers and children growing at light speed. Too true!

So Eden, where is Creepy Guy going to first? And how does one get on the list or is this going to be a big surprise?

OH yes I wanted to share this with you all for a good laugh. So Im completely in love with my new Sansevieria cylincrica, well last evening when my friends came over for dinner my dear friend Deb asked if Id already started getting the plants pruned back and ready to bring in because Id already stripped that one to the bone. According to her it looked pretty sad. I had to chuckle when I told her that no, that plant is exactly as it should be. She was astonished that I really love this plant that has no leaves or flowers. Te he.

OK Im out of here. Time to get things watered and get the day going.

Have a great day all,
    Deanne

PS Mary, I'd very much appreciate your recipe for Ratatouille?

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Good morning!

Mary, thinking of you giving your garden talk tonite. I'm sure it will be fine! Things are pretty toasty here too, even mature bushes and trees are showing signs of stress from the lack of water in August. We had weeks with no rain!

Chelone, thanks for the info on the use of the fart machine in your pants - I cracked up! I could use one here to lighten up some of our clients...

Deanne, I've grown datura from seed too. Tell you what, lets divide and conquer - you'll be in charge of coleus, I'll grow the datura. I want to try leaf cuttings of rex begonia too.

Well, back to work,

Waving hi to all!

-Wendy

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

I just read through yesterday's posts and so many things I need to comment on but no time. I've been working on bringing plants in. We've gotten down into the 40s the last two nights and the tropicals don't like that. Yesterday it was all of the vacationing houseplants. I had to get Brad to carry in the ficus trees this morning. Now my little livingroom looks like a scene from Where The Wild Things Are, lol. Today's goal is bringing in all of the begonias. Wendy, I've done the leaf cuttings before. It's so cool when those little plants start growing from just a piece of leaf. I followed instructions from the begonia forum, I didn't use the little cups though like they did. I just put the soil in the container. I'll link the info below for you. I've never overwintered the daturas but have started them from seed. I had to put them on a heat mat to get them going though. They're easy to find around here, even the double purple and yellow ones so I usually just fork out the $4 for a plant in the spring.

I especially wanted to say Good Luck! to Mary on her talk and tour this afternoon. I know everyone will be blown away by what they learn and see!

I'll be back later (I hope). Bella's here today.

Eden

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Well the first project of the day was getting Charlotte down the stairs. She slipped once, but made it! Gave her some meds and am to hear from the vet around 1pm after she finishes her surgeries. Charlotte did go for a walk with DH this morning, slowly, but no food passed her lips.

I swallowed my breakfast though, which included giant raspberries. YUM! Then I potted up a flat of wallflower cuttings. Dishes are now in the dishwasher making noise, and I am stealing a few moments on the computer. It is very damp outside, so too early for weeding.

I've only stenciled a little bit. Some of you saw the herb stencils on my back room cupboards. They were my first effort. But Eden's painting has super charm and originality, so I won't bother giving instructions. She's the boss for that!

My thoughts are with Sue and Mary and their tours and talks,(photos?) as well as with Kathy and her article on topic unknown. Gardening let's hope!

Cindy, family can be either the very strangest and difficult..or the very best. Guess which I've got? At least mine is at a distance.

We started the day at 45F. I had no idea how low it would reach last night so collected some coleus cuttings before dark. Can someone remind me if the lazy "shove 'em in water" approach is as good as the "stick 'em in earth" method? These are supposed to last until next May, so this may all be ridiculous to speculate on. Also, I've grown begonias from entire leaves in water but with the other method I managed to only rot them somehow.

Curious to know Mary's ratatouille recipe also. Each one is different! I have lots of eggplant still in the garden I could use for this. I use capers, olives, lots of things in mine.

Happy Thursday to all!
    'bug

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Well the first project of the day was getting Charlotte down the stairs. She slipped once, but made it! Gave her some meds and am to hear from the vet around 1pm after she finishes her surgeries. Charlotte did go for a walk with DH this morning, slowly, but no food passed her lips.

I swallowed my breakfast though, which included giant raspberries. YUM! Then I potted up a flat of wallflower cuttings. Dishes are now in the dishwasher making noise, and I am stealing a few moments on the computer. It is very damp outside, so too early for weeding.

I've only stenciled a little bit. Some of you saw the herb stencils on my back room cupboards. They were my first effort. But Eden's painting has super charm and originality, so I won't bother giving instructions. She's the boss for that!

My thoughts are with Sue and Mary and their tours and talks,(photos?) as well as with Kathy and her article on topic unknown. Gardening let's hope!

Cindy, family can be either the very strangest and difficult..or the very best. Guess which I've got? At least mine is at a distance.

We started the day at 45F. I had no idea how low it would reach last night so collected some coleus cuttings before dark. Can someone remind me if the lazy "shove 'em in water" approach is as good as the "stick 'em in earth" method? These are supposed to last until next May, so this may all be ridiculous to speculate on. Also, I've grown begonias from entire leaves in water but with the other method I managed to only rot them somehow.

Curious to know Mary's ratatouille recipe also. Each one is different! I have lots of eggplant still in the garden I could use for this. I use capers, olives, lots of things in mine.

Happy Thursday to all!
    'bug

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Good grief, that's what you get when the phone interruptions inundate you....Sorry.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Marie, good thoughts for Charlotte! I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing well again.

Eden

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Mid 50s this a.m. which is fine with me, but the next 3 nights are supposed to be upper 30s. It is windy here and my one big urn with the massive hibiscus Maple Sugar tipped over. The container must be nearly 7 tall. I righted it only to look a few minutes later and see it tipped again. I left it. It is by the shed so I am thinking of a possible bungee strap to hook it to the shed. Its supposed to be windy again today but from the NW. After writing this I read about Deannes efforts to secure her CG.

With the sun setting so early these days, not much gets done in the garden.

Mary, Id be interested in your recipe for roasted tomato soup. I made some last night from a recipe that I got off the internet.

Martie, I think of my grandmother when I plant calendulas and snapdragons.

Hopefully, Charlotte starts feeling better. Little Reed appears to really enjoy the maracas.

Denise, my dog Jaden threw up in the car the other day. On my seat and between the seat and the door. It was horrible to clean up. The odd thing was I have never known her to throw up before.

One more little thing about Kenzie in the garden (hopefully you all arent too sick of it) She likes to carry a small basket to put her flowers in, but she just picks them and stuffs them in the basket. I guess Ill have to teach her about arranging.

As my parents are getting rid of things with their move, my mom gave me the tiny vase that is olive green glass and looks like a hand holding a flower that we used to fill with violets for our mom. Maybe Kenzie could put her flowers in it.

Cindy, sorry to hear about the family problems. I am fortunate to have a pretty normal family.

Kathy, Im curious as to the subject of your column. Is a regular column that you write?

Chelone, we had a UPS driver who came here daily who we just loved, he recently retired, but he would have definitely appreciated the fart machine.

Michelle

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

I'm done - a few tools to tuck away and a quick clean of the downstairs lou incase anyone needs to use the facilities and that's it. I'm rewarding myself with a trip to buy some pretty paper plates and napkins for this evening - little things make me happy;0) I'll post recipes later tonight. The left over Ratatouille made a very nice lunch with some parmesan tossed on top.

Is there a sign -up list for creepy guy? If so, stick me on there somewhere.

Have a good afternoon everyone - fingers are crossed for news of Charlotte.

Mary

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

I say everyone who has a "normal" family - rejoice and count thy blessings -- I suspect they are much more rare than we think! You guys made me laugh about it though and I've got a small bit more perspective this a.m. -- Deanne, you hit it on the nose re the knee-jerk reactions -- I wonder how one gets rid of them? I confess mine seem to have changed from early years - then I would avoid the confrontations (hence some distance, like you 'bug - Yea for distance sometimes); but now I just find it hard not to go up in flames, LOL -- maybe I gotta get some lites in the garden so I can midnite hunt out there -- check out the wildlife that goes thru it if nothing else...

Put Chloe on the 'frup list w/ Ein -- she's been doing it for 2 days too; and we had horrible bouts of bile w/ Biscuit for the last couple of weeks (figured out after a vet bill that it was her food & she seems to be recovering). Miss Chloe I suspect ate some'fin she shouldn't have - Im hoping she's better today too.... Idyll pet contagions, surely it's not?

Wow re the winds in the midwest & NE -- we havent had that challenge here; I guess 7 foot plants would be an interesting thing to tie down. Sorry you lost your blooms of the CG, Deanne.

And boy, Im not ready for temps in the 30s -- that's just plain wrong, Michelle!!

Okay, getting thru the rest of the day here & tomorrow Im off for the GYN and another dentist... but at least it's out of the office. Yes!

--Cindy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

I'd rather go to the GYN and dentist. I'm off with Charlotte for X-rays.....

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Normal family, what's that, lol? I guess mine's pretty normal. We all seem to get along, now Brad's that's a whole different story.

I snapped a couple of pics of the wall lettering. I'm having a hard time remembering how exactly I did it, lol. It's been a few years. I used the banner function of a printshop program and printed it out. I just chose a font style and size from the program. Then I used old fashioned carbon paper to trace the letter shapes onto the wall and filled them using a paint brush and acrylic paints. The hardest part is taping the banner all together and then cutting it apart again according to how many lines you need and positioning and taping the pattern to the wall. Not sure how clear these directions are but it's really very easy to do.

Here's the photos of mine

On the livingroom wall

{{gwi:177822}}

On the kitchen wall

{{gwi:177824}}

A couple of questions about how you guys want to handle Creepy Guy's travel plans. I'm planning on mailing him out to Denise first since that was Chelone's suggestion that got this started and then let her figure out where he should go from there. I'll start a thread for him when I send him off and everyone can post their pictures to that. Does that sound OK or should I do more, like make a list of those who want to participate and include addresses etc in the package with him. I'd like to keep it as simple and spontaneous as possible, more fun that way and who knows where he'll end up. Your thoughts??? I'm totally open to however you all want to handle it.

Here's a couple of pictures of Bella breaking in the refrigerator blackboard this morning.

{{gwi:177825}}

{{gwi:177826}}

Eden

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Eden, maybe everyone who is interested could email you with their address and you could include it in the box and then as someone has it they could cross their address off and they would select who it would go to next. That way no one would know until it showed up at their door.

It looks like Bella is quite an artist. What a great idea.

Michelle

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    16 years ago

I seem to have lost the knack (if I ever had it!) of joining in the conversations here Im so far behind. I have been reading along but its been difficult, for various reasons, to sit down and write a post. Hopefully Ill get this one written and posted sometime in the next 26 hours!

V. belated condolences on your brothers death. So young

Kathy condolences to you too on Tashas death. Mind you, thats the way Id like to go when my time comes :-)

Denise your son is a talented photographer indeed. I loved the portrait in your working clothes :-) Re your work, how do you get from the gobblety-gook back to normal English? Are those machines used at all to do live captioning on TV? Sometimes the captions on a live broadcast deteriorate suddenly into meaningless garble and Ive often wondered if its because the live captioning is done with something like the court stenographers machine and something went awry in the translation back to English. Do you know anything about the live captioning process? I should look it up myself just out of curiosity.

Sue Fabulous pictures from your garden! That banana is amazing I love things with big leaves but would never grow anything that requires as much winter protection as that. Id rather just admire it in your garden instead :-) It looks like youre garden is in great shape for the open house day. I hope you will be too i.e. that the Lyme disease is well on its way out!

Martie your Kyle is doing something I fantasized about doing when I was university age. I would have loved to spend a year (or more) at university in England. Im sure hell have a great time!

Mary youll have to post pictures of any gardens you visited in England this trip. Visiting English gardens always seems so special somehow. Its been more than 10 years since we were able to do that and I miss it By the way, I still havent perfected a recipe for onion bhajis. I returned my friends deep fryer Wednesday so I pass the baton of experimenting on to you :-) If you come up with a great combination of spicing, post the recipe

GB speaking of recipes well have to try the Brussel sprouts and pecan one. We usually just cut them in half; separate the leaves and stir-fry with garlic. Drizzle with lemon, season with salt and pepper. Pecans sound like a nice alternative.

Ive got my fingers crossed for Charlotte. I started this post before the worrisome reports youve been posting. They remind me too much of Chelseas deterioration. Charlotte is younger so Im hoping for good news for your lovely big hairy beast. Maybe she just overdid it while playing with visitor Indy?

Deanne and Cynthia those brugs are always so amazing. Your pictures and the ones a neighbour used to have (she moved away two years ago) made me want to have one but I never saw any for sale anywhere. This summer I found two at the farmers market, bought them and plunked them in the pots that were empty after the peas were finished. They have grown well but not flowered and have started having a fair number of yellow leaves. I looked for information the other night on how to properly care for them and overwinter them. My conclusion is they need too much water and fertilizer to have a place in my survival of the fittest garden plus I dont have a place to keep them over the winter. So Ive concluded that they need to find a new home or end up in the compost. A neighbour (who has run out of room in her overwintering area) is going to ask around her fellow volunteers at the botanical garden to see if anyone wants them. Im impressed with the effort you must make to get them to such beautiful large plants. Its a much bigger commitment than Im willing to make Im afraid.

After this summer of endless watering of my limited number of pots, Im thoroughly sick of watering pots! I really dont know how all you pot mavens manage it. Is there some trick to watering large numbers of pots efficiently? If so, please tell me how!

Chelone the continuing saga of your mothers woes at the nursing home is distressing and discouraging. It definitely makes me hope for Tashas way out when I get to the end of my days! Ive been feeling guilty because Ive not spent any time at the LTC garden since the spring. My edging project here has consumed all my available surplus garden time and Ive not had any energy to spare to work in their garden. One of our garden buddy residents from there will be coming to lunch in a week or so. Shes a double amputee, a bit younger and more active than most of the residents. She complains bitterly about the food there. She particularly likes desserts so we regularly take her things when we do some baking. Since our house is accessible for her, she likes to come for lunch as it gives her a nice outing thats a bit different than her usual activities. She likes to have the opportunity to help with the cooking. Shes a very interesting character so shes a fun guest too. Id bet youd like her Chelone she keeps the folks at the LTC place on their toes!

I hope you will be able to post some pictures soon of the garage project. It sounds like its going to be a very nice addition to your property.

Eden I always aim to have the fiscus indoors by Labour Day and I never make it! Theyve now been sprayed and are ready for Randy to bring in tonight. We brought the rest of the houseplants in today. The two fiscus are getting far too large. Im not sure if they are going to fit in their usual spots in the house. The oldest one has gotten particularly large. I should have cut it back severely when it first went out I think. The oldest one usually goes in the dining room but its doubtful its going to fit in there and still leave room to eat!

{{gwi:177827}}

The Creepy Guys tour should be fun. At the lab where Randy used to work 10-20 years ago, they had a traveling penguin. Since there was a diverse workforce and quite a few conferences, it was a well traveled penguin! And scientists have a very quirky sense of humor. The penguin generated lots of offspring too and we still have lots of penguin ornaments on the Christmas tree each year.

Speaking of Randy, he survived the latest round of ax-swinging at his employer this week. There still may be more tweaks to the organization structure apparently so nobody can really relax. Combined with additional workload from the cuts, itll make for a very stressed workforce.

The brick edging project has consumed all my spare time this summer. I started at the end of May and finished the front at the end of August. I hope to finish the back by mid October. That assumes my body holds out that long! All the pounding on the screenings and the bricks to level them has aggravated my tendonitis and seems to have recently given me tennis elbow too so I wear multiple support straps/braces and limit my work time out there (typing is a problem too)

There isnt as much to do in the back since only the living room and patio beds need doing. But I am ramping the 4" drop off the patio to the grass. And that is turning out to be a major undertaking as the stones (14"x8") are very heavy (for me) I quickly did a small ramp by the north alley to provide access while I work on the larger ramp area. The little ramp will have to be taken up and re-done when the larger one is finished as it is definitely uneven but better than the previous drop!

I expect Ill need to do a fair bit of adjusting/re-leveling in spring but, if it works to keep the grass out and eliminate the need to trench edge the beds, it will all have been worth it. Plus it is easier for Randy to mow; I dont have to worry about the walker wheels dropping into the trench; its a much more stable surface to step on when I need to lean into a bed to pull a weed or deadhead something. So far, so good Let me bore you with some pictures (which I may have posted before I cant remember)

The path from the driveway to the main front bed:

{{gwi:172738}}

The back of the bed, with some of the rocks that got excavated at times, every time we tried to pound in a support stake for the metal edge, we hit a rock! So I planted a few to make a little rock garden for hensnchicks.

{{gwi:177830}}

The path between the end of the driveway border/Chinese wisteria bed and a small bed with a Blanc Double de Coubert rose and Angel roses (amongst other things) Note the drought-stricken grass....

{{gwi:177831}}

I didnt do a good job of making the lines straight/the curves nicely smooth but Im going to have to live with the imperfections. I figure Ill just make sure theres a lot of plants draping over the edges and hiding all the imperfections :-)

First steps in the backyard living room bed metal edge in place:

{{gwi:177832}}

Temporary small ramp:

{{gwi:177833}}

Start of bigger ramp:

{{gwi:177834}}

There was a lot of other things I should have commented on but Ive run out of steam so will take my creaky body back into lurkdom..

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Tears at the farm. Charlotte is no more. Wish my parents' demise had been as dignified.
    {{gwi:177835}}

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Charlotte is running free, no pain, and knows she was loved so very much.

Kisses from Katie and Monty and Dannie, and tears from me.

I am SO sorry 'bug.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry Marie. I'm crying with you too.

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

Oh, Marie....I am so very very sorry.....I will continue to keep the pics of her, with her snow covered muzzle, in My Pictures. She was one of my favorites.

• denisez10
    16 years ago

g'night, Charlotte.

Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog,

When some proud son of man returns to
    earth,
    Unknown to glory, but upheld by birth,
    The sculptor's art exhausts the pomp of
    woe,
    And storied urns record who rest below:
    When all is done, upon the tomb is seen,
    Not what he was, but what he should have
    been:
    But the poor dog, in life the firmest friend,
    The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
    Whose honest heart is still his master's
    own,
    Who labors, fights, lives, breathes for him
    alone,
    Unhonored falls, unnoticed all his worth,
    Denied in heaven the soul he held on
    earth:
    While man, vain insect! hopes to be for-
    given,
    And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.
    Oh man! thou feeble tenant of an hour,
    Debased by slavery, or corrupt by power,
    Who knows thee well must quit thee with
    disgust,
    Degraded mass of animated dust!
    Thy love is lust, thy friendship is all a cheat,
    Thy smiles hypocrisy, thy words deceit!
    By nature vile, ennobled but by name,
    Each kindred brute might bid thee blush
    for shame.
    Ye! who perchance behold this simple urn,
    Pass on - it honors none you wish to mourn:
    To mark a friend's remains these stones
    arise;
    I never knew but one, - and here he lies. --
    Lord Byron

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Oh NO! I'm so terribly sorry Marie. Hugs from all of us here.

• Monique z6a CT
    16 years ago

Marie, I'm so sorry about Charlotte. That photo is so special and made me cry.

Monique

• just_t
    16 years ago

Just home from a day away and have read nothing but the last post by Deanne & then found the photo of Charlotte & message....

Marie, I'm so very sorry! She was a beautiful lady and much loved.....what a rotten and difficult time for you & your DH.

My best,
    T.

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Marie, I'm so terribly sorry, I know how much she meant to you. I too have saved her picture. Hugs to you.

Michelle

• veronicastrum
    16 years ago

So sorry to hear about Charlotte.

I've returned from my trip but have been unable to catch up on my reading. I need to do a long post to tell you about my adventures on the road, but I also need clean underwear to wear in the morning. My coworkers will thank you that I've made the latter option my priority!

Also need to share that my dear SILs gave me a plant in memory of my brother - a simply enormous agave! I'll post a photo when I find more batteries for the camera that eats batteries. (did I just hear it say "feed me"?)

Hugs to everyone,

V.

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Ah, Marie, my sincere condolences to you, peace to Charlotte,hope she ca hang out with my Tasha in the doggie here-after.
    Kathy in Napa

• chelone
    16 years ago

Chris, Sally, and Peanut will be there, too.

I hate dogs. Esp. when they die!

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

(((((Charlotte's people, big and small)))))

Isn't it sometimes said that with every demise there is new life? My neighbor's dachsund birthed a litter of 3 yesterday. Without a giggle, they truly look like hot dogs.

With the high hopes that Mary's clean lou was an indicator of a clean visit!! I, too, love pretty napkins and plates, and have found that right after seasons and holidays one can stock up at major discount to save for next year.

Strange things happening here at the park. The infusion of warm water has brought forth an abundance of rose blooms and the herbaceous perennials are standing tall and screaming: Thank You!!!

Thinking of Sue and tomorrow and hoping the rain forecast ends before opening time. That is some bananna!!

It's bulb planting time and scored a bag of 50 hard and healthy plain yellow daffs for $12 at HD. Am sending Rich back for more as he needs to go there anyway. The movement of shrubs has left a perfect place for a cutting garden.

Also am going to put in lots of tulips. There are so many cool and unusual varieties that it's hard to resist.

V -- looking forward to the agave pic. You guys are tempting me beyond belief; next spring. Share the work/travel stories so I don't feel so inept!!

Chelone -- Hope that the electrician called and masons finish up soon. Have been thinking of you during this construction and tip my hat to all to GC projects themselves. Also, tassles are everywhere!! You've been a trendsetter all these years!!

Tall Plants and Wind: Love the idea of bungie cords! Will need to stock up.

Need to cut a bouquet for the monthly work birthday bash. Wonderful way to start my workday!!

Best -

Martie

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh no, Marie! What in the world??? Guess I didn't realize she was that sick. I'm so sorry. She's in good company-Zak was there to greet her.

Sue

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Today is already very strange with reminders of our big black friend at every turn. Your comments have been so sweet and kind and we thank you for them all. In case you have not heard, these are DH's words:

"A sad day at the farm. Charlotte took a one way trip to the vet. I'm not a cryer, but indeed I did, of course Marie too.

Charlotte was a delightful, brave, dignified, caring dog to the end, clearly a "best friend". Would that we could all go to the happy hunting ground so well when our time comes.

This morning, as I tried to take her for a walk, she lay down and told me that she couldn't make it any more.

Vet's X Ray showed a tumor the size of a softball, bigger than her heart, squeezing the esophagus.

I imagine she's already searching out the generations of Bouviers who have preceded her."

Thanks to Zak, Tasha, Chris, Sally, and Peanut for being there. I'm sure many others were there too. Boy, it still hurts tons though...

This is Skyler's favorite photo. He calls it "Bouncy Ears". How fitting! A bum shot!
    {{gwi:177837}}

It's a misty morn but the sun is slowly breaking through.
    Thanks Idylls!
    'bug

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

TGIF!

On the run as usual this morning. I've got a meeting from 10-12. Monique, Deanne and company will be at my house around one to start the spiff up process. At some point I need to stop at the farm stand and fish market for dinner stuff. Tomorrow I have a free day of sorts, then the onslaught on Sunday. Guess I'm getting visits from Chelone, Saucy and Wendy as well. Better hide the hateful, ill behaved dogs in a closet somewhere...lol. Too bad the fix isn't as quick for the jungly, over grown garden.

Later,

Sue

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

Susan, great to see a nice long post from you, but I hate that all your hard work has taken a toll on you. I hope you don't get reduced to doing as little as I do ! Your edgings look fine to me. I need to dig my rock edgings back out of the grass and sod. I usually try doing that at least once a year, but have not done it this year. Fall would be a good time. If I wait long enough, the grass may not return until spring. I do not know if I will be up to it. I keep thinking I am going to do what needs to be done "when I am feeling better",...guess what....:-(

Marie that is a wonderful quote from your DH, and I love the pic of Skyler and Charlotte. It has been added to my pictures.
    I have never had a dog to lose, but still remember favorite cats that are long gone. I dread the day we will lose Tommy. He is special.

Our temps haven't succeeded in getting into the 40s yet, but will in the morning ! Mid 40s predicted, then a return to warmer, more seasonal temps. The rains have regrown the grass, and I need to mow today. I did the "island" a couple of days ago. Need to weedeat also, and pull a billion weeds from flowerbeds. Maybe I can work up to it slowly.....

• saucydog
    16 years ago

Marie, your husband's words were beautiful and very touching.

I am so sorry for your loss. Charlotte was like a mascot of the Idylls to me.

Saucy

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    16 years ago

(((Marie))) Charlotte AKA the big, hairy beast :-) lives on in all the wonderful memories she leaves behind. I always find some comfort in how dogs (and cats too) meet their end with such dignity and grace.

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Marie, so sorry to hear about Charlotte. I know she was a beloved member of your family.

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

GOod afternoon

GB - what sadness to hear about Charlotte - I am so sorry. I feel honored to have met her. She was such a warm, big hearted dog who brought joy to all who spent time with her. I feel she will live on in many hearts.

Today I had a sense of lightness when I woke up, remembering yesterday's talk is over. It actually went very well, the participants were a fun and lively group and even stayed half an hour after the ending time. I began with a talk and demonstration of seed formation, harvesting, storage, viability, trading, yada, yada, yada.... I demonstrated how to make a European traders envelope using just folds, no glue, so there was a little hands which I think is important. After refreshments the ladies took a tour of the gardens (which they pronounced as looking great) gathering seed. It was fun to see 16 people foraging through the borders and hearing cries of delight as they found unusual things. I recieved the nicest comments from everyone, the scones were almost all eaten and I was told it was fun because I was so relaxed. (I was even more relaxed when I went inside and downed a celebratory glass of Pino Grigio.)

Today was a busy day at work but I came home to my first pay check since the summer - yippee! We have friends coming over for dessert so I need to slap together somthing to serve - I'm thinking along the lines of a plum crumble. Fortunately they are close friends so the hosue can stay as it is, which for once is almost presentable. Even so I'd better get going.

Here is the Rataouille recipe - I add more garlic than suggested as we are all garlic fiends. Don't leave out the fennel, it rally gives it that little something extra. I'll dig up my Roasted Tomato Soup recipe later and hopefully comment to those I missed.

Ratatouille
    Serves 4.

1 onion, sliced thin
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    5 tablespoons olive oil
    a 3/4-pound eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
    1 small zucchini, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into thin slices
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    3/4 pound small ripe tomatoes, chopped coarse (about 1 1/4 cups)
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
    1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves

In a large skillet cook the onion and the garlic in 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil and heat it over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Add the eggplant and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the eggplant is softened. Stir in the zucchini and the bell pepper and cook the mixture over the moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook the mixture, stirring occassionaly, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the oregano, the thyme, the coriander, the fennel seeds, the salt, and pepper to taste and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the basil and combine the mixture well. The ratatouille may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and reheated before serving.

Mary

• chelone
    16 years ago

Sue, surely you have a couple of crates that you could put down in the cellar, next to the boiler? that would contain the canine miscreants quite handily, yes? ;) I can't wait to see your gaHdens... you worry too much.

I, too, enjoyed Woody's lengthy post. I know all about falling behind and struggling to catch up. Your edging looks wonderful, what a project. I'm doubly impressed knowing how tough that can be on your "person".

What impresses me most is the careful thought you've given to ACCESSIBILITY. It's an issue I'd never given much consideration before Mum moved in here... it's incredibly important (says she who lives on the second floor!). One of the things we're working very hard on is good pathways around the yard.. and I love the ramp idea. We have one out back (turf) and one in the front (stonedust and a bit too steep, IMO). We will be widening the paths around the garage to 5', instead of 4'. When our yard was on a tour, accessibility was noted by many. And touring the lovely gardens in July, I was mindful of the many "ankle-breakers" I saw.

I KNOW I have to get the garage pictures organized, you guys. The mason left today, the builder flashed the chimney (lol!) and replaced the asphalt shingles. Tuesday is the day the power will be routed from the garage to the house... but I'm irritated that the helpmeet did not ask when the final "hook up" and the REMOVAL of the pole will occur. (deep cleansing breath). I paid the garage door guys some more money today and told them they may not deliver the doors on Tuesday. :)

I pulled a few weeds this afternoon and in the process found a salamander! black with yellow spots and about 2" long. He was under the Japanese juniper (Juniperus procumbems?) and I put him back after "checking him out".

I love the shot of Charlotte and Skyler, 'bug. I've thought of you several times today... most of all when Wrecks greeted me upon my return from work. The first few days are probably the worst... but maybe I'm wrong on that count. But since I hate dogs, my observations should be taken with a large grain of salt.

V., you crack me up... I chuckled at the necessity of laundry. Please remember me to Dianthus... willya? And I'm wondering if you've thought about a planting as a memorial to your brother? I'm certain, if you have, that it will a "goodie". Can't wait to hear about your "adventures".

Marian, it interests me that your weather seems rather in line with mine for spring and fall. My spring and fall are shorter, though. Summer is not nearly so hot and dry for me, and winter is colder, with more snow. But what you're noticing with respect to evening temperatures is right in line with my own observations. And you live a really long way from me!

Eden, thanks for the tips on the lettering. I was on the right track, but hopeful that there was an easier way... I guess not... . I LOVE the idea of including mailing addresses in the box with the Creepy Guy... we'll never know where he'll surface next! I definitely think we could get some major "mileage" out of this one. :) (umm... now all I need your e-mail address, I couldn't find it in the address book even though it's probably there... somewhere).

Nursing homes. I can barely keep from bubbling over when I think of Mum in that awful place. My brother called the the other night and told me she is probably going back to the psych. ward... probably because of another UTI. I know she has "lost it" mentally, but I am certain they don't pay attention to the needs of her urostomy... it's been the same in every hospital and "institution" we've dealt with. Her condition requires specialized care and attention to detail. And that's in opposition to hospitals and institutions. She needs "Cordon Bleu" and she's gettin' McDonald's. Would that she received the care that Charlotte did... . I am consumed with guilt and sick to my stomach. I hope none of you ever have to deal with this.

Wanna hear about Mary's "talk". I'm certain you charmed them, utterly!

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Well, I can tell you Chelone, the first day is awful.
    Can you sneak a kitty in to see your Mom?

Ha! It is raining! Neat-o. I spent the morning watering trees and the afternoon mowing. Mindless activities. No companion either.

I took myself out to lunch for a roasted veggie sandwich by the river....No doggie to greet me upon my return.

I hope the heart heals quickly.

V, you always manage to produce a laugh of delight. Thanks! Thanks to all of you!

• triple_creek
    16 years ago

Bug, I'm so sorry to hear that Charlotte is gone. I remember that she was your first dog and know she will be missed terribly. Its good that she doesn't have to suffer.
    I know I was grateful that Keebler was able to make it on his own until the end.

Kathy I'm also sorry to hear about Tasha on top of having lost your kitty. Pets are definitely family in this household,as well as all Idyll homes.

Hugs to you both. Norma

• jimnoak
    16 years ago

Hello everyone,

This may be the wrong place to ask, but here goes:

I've really enjoyed the Garden Web for a while, and love it as a great resource! I have a seriously naive question however, so if you can answer it, please let me know. If you'll hand me my crayons, I can maybe even come up with a reply.

What exactly is an idyll on the Garden Web? Who is welcome to join them? I know exactly what an idyll is in the lexicon sense, but I can't quite understand how they work in this place. I sure find many of them to be interesting, but as a newcomer I am reluctant to party crash a group of old friends and interfere. People might think I am trying to peek at their petunia!

JP

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

The Idylls here began as a non gardening conversation place. We have covered many topics over time: pets, home renovations, travels, jobs, the environment, worries, stitchery, grandchildren, books, weddings....and much more.
    Over time people come and go as their lives allow. Men and women, young and old are always encouraged, though lately it seems to be women mostly. Strong friendships have developed and many of us have managed to meet one another.
    We are presently on our 335th entry, which means that at about 100 postings each, we have made about 33,500 entries over the past few years!
    We are, quite frankly, an amazing group with varied talents and interests.
    Do join in if the spirit moves you.

• jimnoak
    16 years ago

Thanks Gardenbug!

Though I mostly use the Garden Web for research as a gardener, at times I'd prefer to read or write reflective things among friends who might have common interests or life experiences to share.

If I ever write anything much, be forewarned that I am prone to being too sentimental, and sappy as a Maple losing it's blood in the spring. Otherwise I am no different or odd than anyone who's ever actually watered a heroic dandelion that intrepidly breaks concrete paving to blossom.

I take a lesson from God and nature. I try to be like that dandelion. There's something VERY idyllic in life when even a garden weed seems evidence of a miracle happening everyday.

Jim Palmer

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County