Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saucydog_gw

Idyll # 401 - Tinges of Color, Hints of Change

saucydog
15 years ago

Every day that passes brings change to my landscape. I do love this crisp time of year :)

Carry on....

Comments (101)

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ahh, Bottecelli, Bocelli...well, they *are* both Italian...LOL!

Glad to hear it Cindy!

Have a great day all!

Ei

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

It is good for me to laugh I am told, and this message from a friend did the trick! I laughed out loud.

In deference to the Archbishop of Canterbury and to Political Correctness, English Weather will now be referred to as Muslim Weather. In other words, Partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite...

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Just heard this on NPR, an interview with American journalist Sarah Lyall on her new book "Anglo Files," observations of her life in England with her British husband, which includes this anecdote:

George Brown, famous Labour politician, known for enjoying a glass or two, and that you had to see him before lunch because he wasn't much use after lunch. He was at a reception for visiting Peruvian dignitaries, and he lurched up to a guest who was prettily attired in flowing purple robes and asked for a dance.

"First, you're drunk," the guest replied. "Second, this is not a waltz. This is the Peruvian national anthem. And, third, I am not a woman, I am the Cardinal Archbishop of Lima."

I've made a few social faux pas in my time, in fact, just two nights ago, when I inadvertently described a 90-year-old person as "old" to an 82-year-old woman, who bristled at said description, but I was able to smooth it over. Can't imagine what could rescue Brown's situation...I've linked to the audio of the interview

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Just a quick note - I've had major computer problems of unknown source and have erased the hard drive and am in the process of reloading everything. It's going to take forever to get it all set up right again so I'm not sure when I'll be back/catch up on things!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Deanne...my dogwood is still completely green. Very pretty 'Grotto'. Is that a flowering maple in the pot on the right?

Julie and Saucy...if that's what you call cranky..? [g] I get cranky when I get overtired. I can just feel it coming over me when my energy is depleted. That's when I know I need sleep or if that is impossible, something to eat at least.

I agree with Denise, Gardenbug....'a complexity of emotion' seems to sum it up well. I am glad you all have some happiness in the midst of such sadness.

Gardenbug...beautiful photo! Looks like a lovely fall day there and I always love to see your house. Is that stone or brick? I love the color of it and all the windows...so very cheerful. Yes, 'Fireworks' is a plant I have seen on the P.Allen Smith gardening show. He loves that plant too. I almost had one once, but I thought it was invasive as well. I see this link describes it as slowly expanding, which doesn't sound too bad. In my small garden, red lights go off, when I hear the word 'rhizome'. I also would need a short 12" tall variety [not sure even exists] and I see this one gets 3-4ft, which I couldn't use. I will have to enjoy yours vicariously. Very informative article, especially listing so many plant companions.

Denise...I have a cablebox from Comcast that records. I am sure that would be very helpful, if I didn't always keep it full. At the moment I am never going to be able to watch all the gardening shows and Ask This Old House episodes but I keep promising myself I will. [g] I need to clean it out and get a new stock of shows for sure.

Hello Cindy.... :-) Having driven our DD to work yesterday into the 'big city', I can commiserate on your 90 minute metro ride. Getting to and from work seems to always be fraught with some kind of 'adventure'. She needed to carry heavy bags in to work, so rather than have her trek through the transit system, we drove. It had been a long time since I was on the highway at that hour and forgot how much traffic there is. Stop and go. Luckily, I still know all the alternate routes and we actually had a fun time together as she learned a new way to get in town along with a walk down memory lane about all the landmarks along the way.

Michelle...that was how I felt last weekend. Fabulous day in the garden, Saturday and Sunday...gorgeous weather and productivity! Love the idea of an Idyll plant swap. I will have to start thinking about what I could bring that would be worthwhile.

Kathy....it had not occurred to me that Netflix was 'replacing' TV. :-) Smart cookie! I have been thinking about trying to take up some hand stitchery to do while listening to music at night, too. I have a DVD player still in the box and Netflix would be a necessity because even the PayPerView offerings are horrible. We end up watching Turner Classic Movies more often than not. DH and I both love old movies. So what was the last TV sitcom you watched?

I LOVE your pots. You have some really great clay pots. I am very partial to that rope edging and a nice effect with larger on top and smaller on the bottom. I always like a taller rectangular pot too. Very pretty pansy face and can't wait to see your pots fill in. Hope you will post update photos, they are going to be fantastic! I am jealous that you can actually start 'new pots' at this time of year....lol.

Ei....yes...that is the 'Antique Rose Shades', my favorite too, but I am a real fan of pansies and I enjoy so many colors, except the really strong yellows with the dark markings. I am going to try to choose something different next year. [g]

I am also an Andre Bocelli fan. I went to his website today to find the title of one of the songs I play at home. Sogno and Nel Cuore Lei are two of my favorites. It has always fascinated me how music can make you cry even when you have no idea what the words are. I do enjoy a lot of music that is in a language that I don't understand. [g] I liked Bocelli's website...very well done.

Is anyone ordering bulbs this fall? I am looking at Brent and Becky's website but wonder if there is another choice?

pm2

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Ei, forgot to say how your AM Lindbergh quote speaks to me. So often lately I've reflected on how 50 feels so much like 14. I had to google The Artist's Way to find it was written by Julia Cameron (exciting for a moment to think it was the 19th Century British photography pioneer but in reality the ex-wife of Martin Scorcese! who knew?)

Cindy, one of my neighbors is beating a drum as we speak and does this all day long. She apparently has been expelled from her Buddhist monastery and has moved her devotions back to the family home, which causes huge fights with her brother, and the mother and father suddenly feel the need to travel extensively. Each family does have its own unique set of challenges, eh? Hope your crepe myrtle manages to escape your neighbor's hedgetrimmers.

PM2, case in point, last night Duncan tivo'd this PBS show on Einstein that was simply enchanting. I plopped in the big chair about 9:00 with a glass of wine and pushed play. There unfolded the genesis of his equation E=mc2. Einstein was a sexy rake in this production! Granted, I've got huge gaps in my education, but I had never heard of Lise Meitner, one of the discoverers of nuclear fission. Or Emilie du Chatelet, the French noblewoman/mathematician/philosopher/lover of Voltaire/mother of 4 (died in childbirth of her fifth child at age 43), who worked on the energy of moving objects being proportional to the square of its velocity. Her translation of Newton is still used in French schools today. Now there's a biography I need to read!

Kathy you mentioned hearing Kyle's band recently. How do you like his music? I've had Elton John's Tumbleweed Connection in the car CD player for long trips lately -- makes me feel decades old from the crush I had on his lyricist Bernie Taupin. Apparently, EJ had a crush on him too! Amazing the stuff you find out if you live long enough...link to one of Tumbleweed's songs below, if anyone else remembers it.

My folks are on vaca for a month to visit my aunt in Florida who's in early stages of Alzheimer's. My dad had a bad fall in a restaurant two days ago, and the trip looked in danger, but all is well, just soft tissue soreness, and they'll be on the plane Wed. Last night we cleaned out their fridge, programmed their cell phone to receive messages, and they're good to go.

100 pages to go, so back to it.

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Anyone remember this oldie? Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Well that's me today so I guess I'm waiting for an up day. Sigh. People are terrific though. Being so far apart is killing me. Of course DD & DSIL need their space now though.

Phoebe is great, the kitties sleep with us because nights are cold.

It was sunny and beautiful today but I did set up the hose...very dry.

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, thanks Denise. I fired up the Napster account (subscription ends at the end of this month!) and am enjoying some Tumbleweed Connection.

Nothing more to add...

Saucy

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Denise....you have sold me on the Einstein program. I would not have actually turned that on because I am usually looking for something that doesn't tax my poor brain cells. [g] My education is certainly lacking and especially in the sciences, but I have always been a curious soul and many things fascinate me. Thanks for the review, I'll look for it. :-)

Gardenbug...it's been dry here too. All that rain all summer and now nothing. The ground isn't drying out quickly like it was in high summer at least. I keep putting the sprinkler on a couple of beds a day just to keep things well watered. We are due rain on Friday I believe.

My DD used to ask for that book a lot...and they enjoyed just reciting the title..lol. Another along those lines, was "Could Be Worse" by James Stevenson. I tried to link to it but the links are not working tonight. It has a grandfather as the main character and tries to add a sense of humor to a bad day. [g]

Waving to Saucy....and Hello to Kathy who I am sure will show up any time, but I am off to watch a DVD from the library...a mystery series with Cordelia Gray.

Good night all!

• jak1
    15 years ago

Oh Marie, the Horrible Terrible No Good Very Bad Day is a favourite here! But I'm sorry you had one...You have my number....

I hate to be so cheery, but I had a Very Good Day.

The bricks, Ladies and Gentlemen, are DONE! All in for this year. That was a personal goal for me, to have edged all of my beds by the end of this summer. And up here in the frozen north, we are waking to frost every moerning.

And check my "test" post to see Ajax. Finally. I am now, for an amazing encore, going to post a photo of the bricks. Stay tuned.

{{gwi:177920}}Yes. It worked! Sorry about the size - I resized when I probably shouldn't have, but that's just a small glitch, yes?

You poor shmucks, there's no stopping me now!

Cheers,

Julie

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Hello friends, Im having a pesky Tuesday, and could use a WALAT to diffuse work-related steam. On the other hand, I have an interest in seeing the St Louis Cardinals defeat the Az Diamondbacks so I am here inside with the ballgame on and visiting the Idylls.

Cindy, isnt it easy to fall into bad eating habits when you are mono-dwelling? I try to keep sandwich stuff around for those evenings when cooking has no allure-like tonight for example ! Ill probably end up making a cucumber tomato salad.

Denise, I would listen to your link but DS has disconnected and moved the computer speakers to parts unknown , having to do with his music recording activities no doubt. As for his band, they are The Helen Kellers and have a MySpace page. Very punkish/alternative-definitely not Elton John ! Edgy I think would be the term. Their biggest challenge right now are production values and the quality of their equipment.

PM, I love those rope rim pots too, I have 6 of them ! I will definitely post pics as they fill out. I think the last sitcom I watched was probably Cheers, and occasionally the Brit comedy "Are You Being Served?" Thinking both of those are pretty old !

Julie, your brick work is lovely , although I did have to get out a magnifying glass to see it , lol. Ajax however looks princely !

OK, thats all for me. I need that WALAT before the sun goes down.

Kathy in Napa

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

PM, look for Solidago 'Little Lemon' - only 8-10" tall.

Denise, thanks for the Tumbleweed Connection resurrection. I'd forgotten how many songs from that album I really enjoyed. I still have some gift card money to spend on iTunes! (I had a mad crush on Elton - rushed the stage at the concert in '71 - didn't realize at the time it was a lost cause.)

Today was very productive at the office and I shall not feel guilty about going on vacation.

On the other hand, I will be thinking that I could spend an entire week decluttering my house, but c'est la vie.

I had a short WALAT this evening before getting to more mundane things. Sad to think so many things will be gone soon. Quite a lovely evening here.

Last night was exciting - just as I fell asleep, the smoke alarms started screaming. I leaped out of bed, opened the bedroom door and started checking things out. As I was debating calling 911, it all stopped. The dishwasher was running and I stopped it until morning. My best guess is that the hot water heater was giving off some carbon monoxide, and when I opened my bedroom door, the breeze from the porch dissipated it. One more thing to have looked into.

OK, off to buy an album.

V.

• drema_dianne
    15 years ago

Ei, I am sitting here having a little sip of something Skip picked up at the Farm Market called Sajmir. It is described as an "alluring blend of premium brandy, fine vodka and vanilla." I am not really a fan of vanilla or brandy, but I ran out of merlot and the Wine Shop was closed when I drove by this evening to pick up whatever movie came out today and a bottle of wine. Anyway, I wish I had read Ann Morrow Lindberg's book 5 years ago when I thought I was losing my mind as I turned 50, and my hormones went crazy. She described it perfectly! Now, when I feel aging upon me, I will remember this is my second adolescence:) Thanks!

V, I spent one whole week cleaning/decluttering. That was about a month ago, and Skip just filled it back up. My driveway looks like I am home to vagabonds. He was "working" on the garage and got sidetracked. How did we fit all of those cars in the drive when kids were home? I can see it now when the snow flies. I will have little mountains of snow with who knows what under them. I am trying not to think about it or look at it. Vacation will be a much better use of your time!

Bug, I think of you every day. Glad to "see" you posting.

Julie, good for you learning how to post a pic! You are on your way. I got a bunch of pavers this summer and they are piled up by the potager. Skip doesn't think I know how to lay them, but I am going to take a page from Mary's book and go out there and do it.

Well, it is past my bedtime. I ran out of books to read, haven't had a chance to go to the library so am going to delve into a bag my mom sent over. They look kind of scary, I think someone gave them to her, and she didn't want to throw them away. Not really my cup of tea, but... any port in a storm.

Hope you are all well!
    Drema

• denisez10
    15 years ago

(Kathy, I didn't mean to imply Kyle's band was doing Elton John covers. That was just a middle-aged segue ;) Kyle might be interested to hear our local Long Beach band, The Cold War Kids, if your speakers can be located. I might go see them after work tomorrow...if my 14-year-old, teenage stamina can be located...)

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Light Frost, here. Yes, frost. Haven't checked the basil yet but if it's mush, pesto for dinner tonight :-)

Crazy, chaotic day yesterday scooting around Raleigh. Managed to get about 15 feet into the first path of the Raulston Arboretum when I realized that if I didn't get back to the airport I'd miss my flight.

Plants, or being cramped up in a little plane. Big decision. A way around it? Next flight wasn't until today so off I went, but to breathe for a moment was outstanding :-)

Quick reference on how to work with neighborhood kids: First and Foremost, Listen.
    Yell loudly "hooray" from the deck when they master the skateboard trick they've been trying for two weeks.
    Wave to them at the bus stop, roll down the window, and tell them you'd be glad to get something from their fundraiser.
    Talk "to" them, not "down to" them. Their insights are really pretty interesting if you weed out the inability to get three full sentences out in a row.
    Say "hello" with a big smile even when they have a bunch of mixed-gender friends along. It impresses the girls that the boys have a bit of manners.

Mostly, let them be kids. I'm convinced that a lot of people think that once one hits 13 they're supposed to be mini-adults and that "just ain't so."

Paying them to help doesn't hurt, either :-)

Anyway, good to see Marie checking in and read the banter from everyone. Some light in this world is what we ALL need right now.

Martie

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

No time or energy to read right now, but I can scan for pictures. LOL

Julie, I love the bricks! You go girl! :)

Bug, I love the goldenrod photo. I'm not even sure why but goldenrod always reminds me of my Grandma. She was the one 'port in a storm' for me.

(((Idylls)))

Jerri

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

In the spirit of laughter (from my brother)

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to put a bottle of
    Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but 'there is a market for
    inexpensive wine,' said Kathy Micken, Professor of Marketing at University of Arkansas, Bentonville.

'However, branding will be very important.'

Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart wine brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:

~ 10. Chateau Traileur Parc
    ~ 9. White Trashfindel
    ~ 8. Big Red Gulp
    ~ 7. World Championship Riesling
    ~ 6. NASCARbernet
    ~ 5. Chef Boyardeaux
    ~ 4. Peanut Noir
    ~ 3. I Can't Believe it's not Vinegar
    ~ 2. Grape Expectations
    ~ 1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat(Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

~ P.S. Don't bother writing back that this is a hoax. I know possum is not a white meat.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Not much Idylling going on today ! Almost as though we draw a collective breath and re-group for the next flurry of posting. One of my employees grew up on a farm in Michigan. We had to make a drive today to visit another of our facilities and on the way I was telling her about Michelles beautiful gardens and farm. I do keep going back to that thread multiple times ! We live in an agricultural community here, surrounded by farms on all sides, but the farmers here have incredible wealth, and we speculated as to when the economy would start to effect them. At some point I would think people would start to buy less of expensive wine.

Martie , what a well-spoken dissertation on dealings with the youth of the neighborhood. You have a great approach , and I can clearly see why the little buggers are clamoring to hang about at Cornfield Park. And speaking of children, I received a slide show today of Mr. Baby displaying his new crawling skills.

Thats all for me tonight, I have serious baseball viewing on the agenda

Big Wave to all the Idylls , wherever you may be tonight..

Kathy in Napa

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

Kathy is right, it's very quiet here tonight. But there's not a whole lot new here. I have a very silly lab flopped upside down on the couch nest to me (no, he's not supposed to be here) and he thinks I should be scratching his belly instead of typing.

A good night for listening to baseball, too. The Cubs have clinched their division, but I'd like to see them put the Mets away for the season. I never did get over 1969...

I heard a great Yogi Berra quote the other day. Back in the early 70's, Berra was playing in a game when someone streaked across the field. He was asked later if the streaker was a man or a woman and he replied that he didn't know, the streaker was wearing a bag over their head.

V.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Ah, gotta love Yogi, the only slimy Yankee I can bear ! Have the Dodgers on one channel, and the Diamondbacks on the other. Dbacks are losing, no score for the Dodgers---aren't you about ready to hit the road V? What fun you'll have, and how did you choose BA ???

Kathy in Napa.

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning Idylls!

I finally woke up on the right side of the bed, I think! The sunrise has been beautiful over the last half hour...shades of misty pinks and yellows. Soon they'll give way to bright red and gold. I am going to take my camera out for some picturesque New England photos early next week :)

My class was fun last night. We learned how to describe the site of our gardens. The class is taught so that you could work with a landscaper and speak with a customer appropriately. We spent half the class in the garden describing conditions....and the other half drawing our "mistake" gardens on the white board for the class to critique. I got my assignments, too....I have to design 4 gardens, one has to be a bulb garden (ack!) and one has to be a large plan that I would sell to a customer. I can use any method of choice, but it has to wow.

Sounds like fun to me :)

You all sound very busy...V's packing, Drema's decluttering, travelling and baseball for Kathy, Woody's dissecting her computer....

I've gotta a bus to catch and some laps to run! Have a great day, all!

Saucy

• deanneart
    15 years ago

A very quick good morning to all, I've been working in the studio ten hours and day and only quitting when my eyes can't focus anymore. I'm ALMOST finished with the painting., good thing I'm teaching it tomorrow. Yikes! I promised myself I wouldn't do this anymore and whoops, here I am again. The piece is turning out OK and hopefully the students will be happy with it. There is a Color Magic rose with some Fuchsia Christina flowers on a charger plate. It will make a pretty table setting when the set is done, yes I said 'set'. The ladies want eight different designs. That will keep me busy for a while. LOL

Martie, can't believe you had a frost yesterday! Wow, it was 47 here. That's unusual for it to be warmer in NH than in CT. You must be in a valley or something. Things here are still OK but the coleus are starting to drop leaves and in general complain about the colder nights.

OK Ive got to get to work, waving hello to everyone!

Have a great day
    Deanne

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Morning all! Saucy, the same morning here, but quite misty. Your class sounds wonderful and I hope you'll share a bit of your projects with us. A bulb garden! Does that mean bulbs and only bulbs? An odd idea to me, if so. But how I love my Spring Green tulips with blue Camassia blooming together! I wonder if they work under your conditions...

I've been in stunned mode for so many days. I hope my "get up and go-er" kicks in soon. DH has been great. Sarah phoned yesterday and that is good in many many ways. She and DSIL are off to the mountains until Monday. As to us, we've received so many cards and calls...and I am astounded at what kind thoughts and words have been shared in them. This weekend we have a dinner, a brunch and a visit...which is nice, but a bit much all at once. Monday is our Book Club and I want to try that too. So if Mary is reading, do you have your club's list of books yet to share?

DH needs breakfast now, so I'm off.
    'bug

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

We're actually looking forward to rain here - a no'easter brewing and bringing some very very longed for rain.... just as it appears I may get some blooms off that durned salvia vanhoutii cultivar - Im not sure if I planted it too late or what, but almost October seems a bit late to get "autumn" blooming salvia to kick in.....

Deanne, that charger sounds lovely -- I bet it will be an "antique of the future" -- handpainted lovely mementos of limited editions - Im in the antique mode since my venture to the antique show on Saturday where I saw most of my grandmother's house and my own childhood one, -- it is weird to see stuff one grew up with listed as "antique" isnt it? (And I aint talking 70s stuff, LOL)...

This talk of female scientists also reminds me of biographies that I used to enhale when I was a child - Marie Curie; the first female American medical doctor, etc. -- Im not sure who got me started on those - I seem to recall an aunt giving me a book w/ short stories/summaries of women in science and I was so fascinated; I believe that's where I then went in search of more about them at the public library. Boy, the stories and names have changed over the years though -- as attested to by the things we can see on TV now.

I need a month of decluttering at home - a day would never do it -- that's usually what my weekend "cleaning" is - quick declutters of the week's debris. Kathy, I like your phrase mono-dwelling -so much more appealing that "singlehood", LOL.... I dont mind mono-dwelling in lots of ways (been doing it for a while now) but the food thing is definitely a minus -- I do love to cook but dont like cooking for one -- I guess I dont compliment myself enough or something, heehee. But having had that houseguest last fall who cooked very very unhealthy things, I would prefer to be my own chef if that were the other choice. After a while, one feels just plain awful about the bad foods the body consumes.

'bug - I think the whole process is two steps forward and one back, and there's nothing wrong w/ plateaus to let it process, as Im sure you know. It's great you have a good support system and also recognize that your journey is different than your DD & DSIL's....

PM - I think you inquired re bulbs - I buy mostly from Van Engelen and Scheepers (both owned by same I believe); generally the quality is good; on occasion I've gotten wrong things, but they've been good about it. I actually order in July to make sure I get what I want; I also order from Brent & Beckys - great place and they sell out early. I've also bought the odd this and that from a few other mail order places; but my bulk usually comes from VE - cant beat the prices, assuming they have what you want.

Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Last night we met at a restaurant for Ricks DDs 40th birthday. Afterwards, we did a little shopping. I picked up a new coat in preparation for winter (ug). Minnesota has no tax on clothing. Although, selection is a little more limited than the big city, which is not in MN, that city just passed another penny tax so it will now be 8%. So it pays for us to shop for clothes locally. I also picked up some materials to make a wreath that I saw in Country Gardens magazine. It incorporates hedge apples so I hope I can find those.

Ive started the plants on wheels phase of the season. Ive been trying to make notes all season of what plants clash when in bloom or are too big or tall for their spot so that I wont have to rely on my memory in the fall. I was able to get 7 or 8 plants moved.

Its a rainy morning with lots of bold lightning. So the harvest that was just beginning has come to a halt.

bug, it is good to force yourself to participate in things. I went through a very tough season in my life about 6 years ago and spent one winter vegging in front of the TV with no interest or ambition. Things improved when I realized that I needed to live life no matter how depressing the circumstances were.

Wow, Mr. Baby is crawling already!

I need to follow Dremas example and do some decluttering this winter.

Denise, I'm glad to hear that your Dad's fall wasn't more serious.

As for bulbs I've ordered from B&B, but mostly pick things up that I find locally. Last night it was more 'Angelique' tulips.

Later
    Michelle

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Where is everyone ??? Not only is it quiet here on the Idylls, it is quiet around our place.
    It is very still...no breeze. Good thing it isn't hot. I am working on bringing in my potted plants. I have the utility room's pots over half done. I haven't counted them, but there are a bunch! :-)
    I started earlier than normal so I wouldn't over tax myself. The sudden cold spells have a habit of sneaking up on us here.
    I am finding all sorts of debris from the 2 tropical storms,in my containers. While picking out the most of it, I discovered a little brown frog in one pot. It is safely removed to inside the open cold frame.
    I am afraid I did not get the ingredient to the spray that I planned on getting, so they are coming in unsprayed..as usual. :-(
    The deck still has a lot on containers on it, so still looks good from the utility room door. I will probably leave them out until a cold spell is predicted. I can get them in fast from there.

Do you all remember the 2 benches that we set up in the 'island'? Well they are both lined up with potted trees and shrubs awaiting going into the ground. (Martie,where is that crew of boys?) There is everything from an Abelia to a willow tree ! And I have no idea what I am going to do with them all. I would like to send some home with Tim, but he never has room in his vehicle for them.

Marian

• chelone
    15 years ago

I'm not finished with this Idyll yet.

But, in view of recent events and the need for something to "look forward to" I am willing to host IUIVforME. I'm a little freaked out by it, but what the hell? I know several of you want to come to Maine and if I start now and rope some of you into helping with logistics it'll give us something to dream about until next summer. I can do this (with help!) and it will be a total blast! ("Dive, dive, dive!". It's time to submerge).

Marian, if there is any way you can "swing it" I will guarantee you "dibs" on the "Biddy Suite" (Mum's room). ;) And YOU won't have to take a "navy shower", but everyone else will...

OK, I have to finish reading the Idyll.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    15 years ago

I'm in! Maine 2009 here we come!

Actually, Chelone I'll wave as I go by tomorrow on my way to Lovell for the weekend. My cousin bought this big old farmhouse last spring. Last weekend he bought a party boat for cruising around the lake. Rain all weekend you say? We'll be laughing at it as we traipse off to opening day at the Fryeburg Fair on Sunday. Monday I come home to dry out (in more ways than one no doubt).

Sue

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Chelone, I sure wish I could take you up on the "Biddy Suite".LOL
    I asked Nolon what a "navy shower" is and he doesn't know. (And he was in the navy.) ;-)

• chelone
    15 years ago

Marian, a "navy shower" is a water saving device. You get wet. Turn off the water. Lather up, turn on the water and rinse off. And get the hell out! It's called a "Navy shower" because when you're on a boat you have to carry fresh (not salt) water in the hold and you have to use it thoughtfully and carefully. (drives me nuts that the helpmeet brushes his teeth with the water running!). Rest assured, that you will ALWAYS have "dibs" on the "Biddy Suite".

I am so happy to see posts from you, 'bug. I'm happy (and very proud) to be part of the safety net mesh that is ready, willing, and strong enough to catch you if you tumble off the high-wire. We're here, and that's all you you need to know right now. :)

Thinking a great deal about Eden as I'm coming up on the one year mark for Mum's death. Everyone seems to love Autumn, but I have to be honest you guys... I don't like it. Sure, the colors are great, but it's becoming colder, the daylight is dwindling and the season reminds me of isolation and lonliness. That's how it was for me as a kid. And to this day I can't shake the feeling.

Sue, I was a regular exhibitor in the 4-H pavilion. In those days 4-H filled at least one exhibition hall. Not so, nowadays. I used to make money for my exhibits an never received anything less that a "blue" premium". It all seems so "quaint" to the strollers, but being part of a 4-H club was a big part of being a kid in very rural community.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Hello, hello.... :-)

How is everyone tonight? It's late and this has been a tiring week so far.

V...thanks for that idea of the 'little lemon' solidago. I will look for it.

Kathy....DH used to enjoy that 'Are you Being Served?' and gee, I think I used to watch Cheers back before my kids were born! Mr Baby's crawling...that didn't take long. DD will be worn out. :-)

Martie....great primer for working with the neighborhood kids. I think you have it down pat! Hope you are feeling okay and not too busy. :-)

Saucy....your class is sounding very interesting and I am glad to hear you are keeping up with your laps.

Deanne....you are sounding very tired. With a whole set to be done, doesn't sound like you will have free time any time soon.

Gardenbug...you are sounding like you are doing better than anyone could expect. Stress can really burn out your adrenal glands and then you crash and the best thing you can do for yourself is pace yourself until you are feeling the energy again. Glad Sarah and DSIL are getting away. Hope that will be good for them.

Michelle...I should be moving plants...we did a couple last weekend, but I have to get places prepared for moving the plants, so I am in the 'ripping things out' stage. I can really identify with the conclusion you came to about having to live life no matter how depressing the circumstances. Have had to come to that conclusion myself. Sometimes you feel like you are going through the motions though. An expression that used to put it in perspective for me was 'Fake it 'til you Make it'. You can really get stuck sometimes unless you start putting one foot in front of the other. I love those 'Angelique' Tulips! I'm doing Galanthus and Crocus with just a couple of mini Daffs at B&B's.

Cindy....thanks for the recommendation for Scheepers. I just placed an order with Brent & Becky but I made a small order to hold me until some of the fall bulbs go on sale. I am going to head over to the Scheepers website tomorrow and see what they have. I find I want to have one of everything. Until they all arrive and I have to plant them all. [g]

Marian...glad you are getting some of your plants in. Sounds like you have a lot still left outside. I sometimes think houseplants multiply like rabbits when you are not looking. :-)

Happy to here there will be an Idyll Camp in Maine next year! It would be really great to see all the Idylls.

I love that 4H Pledge! 4H Fairs were are one of our special memories of when the kids were little. I wasn't lucky enough to participate in 4H when I was growing up, but I would have loved it! We used to take the kids to one in Westford MA....see the link below. There are a ton of photos on the site. We always had a wonderful day and they had the best barbecue chicken dinner with corn on the cob that the kids would help 'shuck'. I would have loved to take home any of the animals if I were allowed. I wanted to grow up on a farm, but we were city mice. :-)

Chelone....Fall is my favorite time of year and I always feel just the opposite about it. Both our parents worked and when school started in the fall, there was much needed structure and I really looked forward to going to school and seeing my friends again and loved the teachers and my classes were interesting. My mother would take us 'school shopping' at the end of summer. New clothes, pencils and notebooks etc. I really looked forward to it. Isn't it amazing how long what happened to us as kids has an impact on us?

Well...I hope that post made sense, I am too tired to proofread.

Thinking about Eden and wondering where Wendy and Anita and Cynthia are. Hello to Norma and Ei ...Sue...Drema....who else did I miss?

:-)
    pm2

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

More heat here today, we are looking a mid to high 80s for the rest of the week with nights in the low 50s. Its layered clothing season to be sure !

Deanne, I was thinking that you were probably holed up with a paintbrush the last few days. Youll have that new lens in time to take some action shots of birdbath making in the salon at IU6 Summer Camp. . Looks like Saucy will have to teach a unit on landscape design too !

Cindy, I dont mind mono dwelling either anymore , once I got used to it. Im really only semi-mono since DS is still here but sometimes our paths dont cross for several days, almost as if he lived across town. So I am de-facto mono ! Im making an artichoke frittata tonite for a pot luck at the office tomorrow.

Yipee, a holiday in Maine ! And there is no holiday like an Idyll holiday! I hereby promise to step up to the plate if the Idylls ever get their collective a**es out to the left coast !

All for me, with a wave to all- wheres Anita been lately ?

Kathy in Napa

• saucydog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't worry Kathy, we're just waiting for you to sell the house and move to PNW :)

Yeah Chelone! I hearby volunteer my services! Whatever you need....I'm sorry to hear that Fall isn't a pleasant time of year for you.

Tonight I chose all the bulbs...the color scheme is centered around Fritillaria Persicaria and a creamy white. I moved into deep pinks, too. GB, I am planning on putting my fictitous bulb garden under my mature Hydrangea Peegee standard that is skirted with ferns to hide the bulb foliage.

I made flash cards with a picture of each bulb so that I can reference it quickly. Also on the card are notes, bloom time, hardiness zone, height, and cost of bulbs. I used a catalogue (I figure this is how I'd buy it, right?). So far the cost of bulbs is 190.

My bees need my attention after this rain, but until then, I'll be working on my design. I love arts and crafts...who knew I could do it for a class?!?

Goodnight all....see you in the a.m.

Saucy

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

If I have counted right, I have brought in 63 containers, and quite a few left to bring in. I started the process, a few days ago, by bringing in all the hangers first. There were 14. The Achimenes are hangers, but they are still out. They go dormant when cold weather arrives. I got carried away with the container for my Canna. I may not be able to get it in. I'd really like to leave it in it's container, but it is very large,(both the Canna and the container). When I get rich I am going to have a greenhouse. ;-) Thank goodness neither banana is in such a large container. I had quit digging up the Elephant Ears, but am tempted to do it this fall. They are so easy to replace, I quit bothering.

My bananas are the common ones, but the original was given to me from one of my dear friends that lived to be 101 years old! She gardened up to almost the last year of her life.

Marie, I am so pleased to see you posting, and I am glad you have so many outside activities to attend. I think that is a very good thing. I hope Sarah and her DH have a peace giving vacation in the mountains.

LOL, Pm2, I think you are right about house plants. I have many duplicates, and just cannot bring myself to dispose of them. I could probably find homes for them if I took them to the Golden Years class.

Chelone, that you for the open invitation. :-) Wouldn't you be shocked if a taxi pulled up to your house and this little old woman got out with a bunch of luggage. :-) That is what one of my dad's sisters did, when I was a teen. Nobody knew she was coming. In fact, I didn't even know she existed! And her name was Lizzy! I kid you not!

Sue, it sounds like you are going to have a great weekend.

Saucy, I hope the day continued to be a good one for you. It's good that you woke up on the right side of the bed. :-)

We will have a rather busy morning tomorrow. First I take Nolon in for some blood work. Then we will eat breakfast in town. Next he will get a haircut.While he is doing that I will go to the drug store to get my Lyrica refilled. Then we will go to the recycling center to sell his boxes of scrap metal. And last we wil drive to our county seat's revenue office to get my car's registration renewed, and a handicap sign to hang in the car, for when Nolon is with me. It is supposed to be another beautiful day, like today was.

Now if this gurgling and rumbling in my innards does not turn into somethig worse...I will be good to go. :-(

'night all...

Marian

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Morning came a little earlier than I wished, but my day sounds very like Marian's with errands in town, hair cut etc. I still need to collect the branches that I pruned in the laneway.
    DH has his 8:30AM class to deal with.
    Today I'll be thinking of Sue off on her weekend of fun, as well as all of you who are looking forward to the end of the work week.
    Ciao,
    'bug & Phoebe

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Good morning all,

Well the painting is finally finshed, finito, fini, done, done, done... Woohoo... Also, I had to cut four triple mats, and two double mats for one of my students, Oh yes and not to forget write the ten pages of illustrated instructions to go along with this for the class. All done. Yea, now when this class is finished I'll throw a party.

Anyway, anyone interested in seeing the painting can send me an email and I'll send you a link to the pic.

OK I've got to hit the shower and get to class. Set-up day takes an extra hour and I've got a forty minute drive to get there. Have a great day everyone.
    Deanne

• gardeningmary
    15 years ago

Good morning

Feeling somewhat frazzled here as I try to wrap up parts of the big garden job before starting full time at school next week. The house owners have my sketch for the grotto and seemed to like the plan. Soon I'll be shopping for a Mary, hopefully something less than life size.

GB - it's great to hear you voice again and see such lovely pictures of your garden. Our book group just read In the Woods by Tana French. It is a literary mystery. Having never read mysterys for group before I wasn't sure how this would turn out. However the book is beautifully written, there are fabulous twists and turns in the plot and well drawn characters. It is a real page turner, I was reading it at odd hours day and night, whenever I had a spare moment. Our group is rather hard to please but I think everyone gave it a thumbs up! We are also reading Into the Castle by Dodie Smith and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" this year and will vote on books for 2009 at our next meeting.

Deanne - would love to see you picture. Congrats on getting all your prep accomplished. I'm sure it will be a great class!

Saucy - enjoyed hearing about your garden class and wished I could have been there with you.

Need to run but hope to return to chat with everyone else.

Mary

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    15 years ago

TGIF!

Boy this tinges of color and hints of change theme isn't the easiest TGIF to create! lol

Pouring here this morning. Perfect weather for a four plus hour drive. Here's a shot of my cousin in his new boat from last weekend. At least it has a canopy. Can you say cocktails in the rain?

{{gwi:177922}}

Chelone, I'll have you know I was a member in good standing of the Cooky Cavies and Rolling Rabbits 4H club of Burlington, MA for many years. My rabbits won many awards at not only 4H shows (Westford fair every year) but at professional shows as well. Somewhere I have a scrapbook filled with ribbons. I don't think the trophies survived my mom's last move.

Well better get moving. I plan to escape at noon today.

Hello to all! Enjoy your weekend!

Sue

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Does anyone here use Firefox? Randy's computer uses it but the GW pages don't show properly - you have to scroll sideways to read.... It I switch to IE, the pages show properly but my Dvorak keyboard settings won't work for some reason so I can't post very easily. Can someone tell me how to set Firefox so I can read these pages?! (after wiping the hard drive on my computer, I reinstalled Windows and started loading things again - as soon as I loaded the printer, it immediatly crashed the computer. I got it back up and it crashed again almost immediately! So I gave up and ordered a new computer - which should be ready early next week I hope!)

gb - it's good to see you posting. How's Phoebe's cookie supply?

Marian - I think you need to find a way to test out that Biddy Suite in Maine!

Sunday is the local garden tour this year so it'll be interesting to see what the gardens are like this year. Usually the tour is the first weekend in July. You'd have to be pretty brave to open your garden at this time of year - summer show is winding down but autumn color hasn't really got under way.

Sorry - I'm not commenting on much - it's too hard to read the screen on this computer!

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Woody, I can't answer. I do use Firefox and the pages are just fine. I'll ask DH later today to see if he can help Randy. SOOO frustrating.

Phoebe still has cookies galore. We have other cookies we alternate with. She enjoys her new red ball too.

Garden help may come today. I sure need it. Lots of color here in the last few days, but mildewed phlox, etc... I hope to remove one island bed entirely where a tree has grown so much that it covers it. May move some of those plants to the mailbox area. Lots and lots of piddly things need attention.

Later,
    'bug

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Hi Woody...I also use Firefox, but I have the Apple, so anything I could suggest probably wouldn't work for your pc. I just wondered if there are preferences somewhere on the menu for the firefox, that you could check your settings? You have my complete sympathy. I hate computer problems and the time it takes to straighten them out. Glad you have a new computer coming. You'll have to tell us all about it.

Marian....I agree with Woody. It would be great if you could go to the Idyll Camp in Maine next year. Since there is so much time between then and now, maybe you can work something out?

Sue....you lucky duck! :-) Have a great weekend!

Mary....I apologize...I forgot to say hello to you, last post. You've been so busy lately, I do miss your posts. Haven't seen any little carrot people or anything in too long a time. :-)

Rainy here today...hoping for a quiet day before the weekend.

Waving...

:-)

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

Drive by post, Hi all.
    YIPPEE! I always wanted to see Maine. :)

Sign me up for the left coast in 2010 too.
    2010 sounds like it should be years in the future doesn't it?

Back to work. TGIF =)

Jerri

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

I moved several more plants last night and planted a clearance shrub. I need to work on cuttings tomorrow as they are talking at least one night in the 30's next week. I have mixed feelings on autumn. The days are so short that I don't get much gardening time except on the weekend. I'm not crazy about the bugs that show up in the fall either.

Mary, the grotto that is in our area here has statues in carrara marble which is an elegant way to go if the budget allows.

Woody, I agree about the fall garden tour. Sometimes the garden looks pretty good to gardeners who get it, but those who don't garden expect a pristine look.

Good to see Deanne resurface. I'd love the link for your latest project.

Michelle

• jak1
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! All's quiet on the northern front this morning.

Wednesday morning I woke up hurting everywhere, so took Ibuprophen and went back to bed. Got some gardening done in the afternoon, but felt awful again so went to bed at 7 p.m. Yesterday DH and I went to the city (Ottawa) to do some errands and do our once-monthly blow out at Costco. This morning I went downtown here in Perth for coffee with a friend so nothing done here so far again. Guess I'll have to get busy!!

The big Hostas will come out this week-end - expecting a big downpour so it should be easier digging.

Took 24 geranium cuttings and they all look good under the lights. The lawn has been cut and fertilized this week, and the garden failure under the deck overhang is now a thing of the past. Dug out the "Naked Ladies" (forget what they're really called, but they are related to Amaryllis) and the Elephant Ears and they will be going into their winter paper bags this week. Starting to feel a little better about the chores both inside and out.

Still no magazine, Saucy. No wonder they call it "Snail Mail"!

Anyway, I'd better get a move on or it will be Christmas and I'll still be doing garden chores!

Cheers,

Julie

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    Mission accomplished!I had hoped tp throw in another activity at the county seat(Jasper)but it wasn't ready yet. I am speaking of the flu shots. Nolon's Dr.'s office had a sign at the admission window that their flu shots- nasal sprays were in. We decided to go to the county heath dept. at Jasper, as we usually do....but it was closed. :-(
    So...another time....
    As predicted, it is a beautiful day. The only problem is.. the sun was in my face all the way to Harrison this morning. My new(expensive)eye glasses are 'supposed' to be the kind that darken as you get into bright light(are they called 'transition lens'?). Well mine are not changing to my satisfaction, so ...back to the clinic with them. :-(

Hey, Chelone, Woody, and Pm2....who knows what will transpire between now and next summer??? I may surprise us all. :-) I too, would really really love to see Maine, AND to met you all face to face.
    So far my meds are working well, so that would not be a problem. Leaving Nolon alone would be. I would HAVE to have someone stay with him. I am not really considering the possibility.

It is about 12:30 now, and still only 69 both in and out. By next tues., it is predicted to be lows in the 40s and highs about 70, so...all my tender plants will need to be inside.

There is not much color in the trees yet, mostly purples in the Ash. The Sumac has been red for awhile now. Lots of asters and goldenrod blooming along the roadsides. Dogwoods are coloring up. The Flaming Fall Revue tour is usually the middle of October. I wish I had taken my camera when I went to town a week or two ago, the roadsides had lots of Gaura in bloom. Chicory is still blooming also.

I hope all are looking forward to a lovely weekend.

Marian

• gardeningmary
    15 years ago

Chelone - I just skimmed again and saw Maine could be on the books. YOWSA!!! I too have always wanted to visit Maine:0) Count me in to help in any way. The only dates I could not make would be the same weekend as this year's bash. David is already planning on repeating the guitar course which is always that weekend.

Marian - sound like a pretty successful day. it's great to be able to check things off a list.

Hi PrairieMoon! My fingers are itching to make something and my head buzzing with ideas but until I get the garden jobs tied up I'm having to put crafts on hold.

Sue - love today's TGIF colors.

Michelle - yes, marble was speaking to me. I am meeting with a stone mason next week who might make the grotto (or shelter) with some of the rocks excavated from the site. The owner felt the statue should have a cover. There is a local guy who does the most beautiful dry stone walls. Meanwhile, hemlocks were planted today to screen the house next door and a path cleared through the woods.

Having gardened all day I am so completely exhausted I didn't even have a glass of wine as I knew it would knock me out. The job is fun and stressful in equal parts. Working on the site is also such a macho environment - there can be up to 20 guys working at the house on any day, not a single woman amongst them. I'm still figuring out the best to handle sexist comments. Today one of the irrigation guys informed me that he could pull up a lawn chair and watch me work all day. Argg!!

Well, I should go as both Annie and David are watching the debate. Middle school has inspired David to take an interest in current events and I beleive in supporting that. I just hope I can stay awake.

Mary

• jak1
    15 years ago

Friday afternoon.

Adrian and Next-Door-Neighbour (NDN) explode off the school bus, yelling "We're ready to PAR-TEE!".

I ask "What party?".

They reply "Buddy-Boy's birthday party - at the bowling alley - NOW!"

I look at NDN's Mom. She looks at me. We ask "Are you sure? Do you guys have an invitation?"

They reply "Oh yes! He gave out the invitations at school LAST WEEK!'

I ask Adrian where his is: in his desk at school. NDN says he lost his.

NDN's Mom digs through the kid's back-pack and sure enough, all crumpled up in the bottom, is the invitation.

NDN's Dad works at home and the phone is tied up for a conference call. We all run over here; I call Buddy-Boy's house - no answer. I call the bowling alley and get Buddy-Boy's Mom - "Oh yes, they are both invited, I just thought you were too busy to RSVP. Bowling from 4 to 5:30, pizza for dinner, pick them back up at 6:30."

NDN Mom says she can drive (DH had an eye doctor appointment and wasn't home). Adrian is invited to a different Buddy-Boy party on Sunday and we had already gotten the gift - so, I tell NDN Mom that I can put both names on the fgift. I tell Adrian to get ready for the party - he slops some water on his dirty little face, throws on a faded t-shirt and cut-off jeans (clean at least) and brushes his teeth. I run down to InterPhil's room to check in the cedar box for wrapping paper and cards. IP has a huge honking t.v. on the box. I haul the t.v. to IP's bed, open the box. All I can find is a gift bag that says "Merry Christmas". I look for a card - find one that my mother had lying around - she has been dead for ten years and bought very much old-lady cards - this one had little flowery For-Get-Me-Nots on it and says "Have a lovely day" and inside "May the Lord make your wishes come true today and every day all year". Perfect for a seven year old boy, right?

Throw the gift in the bag, put the names on the card, race over to NDN's house. NDN's Mom drops them off at the party.

They were only 5 minutes late. The whole scenario took no more than 20 minutes.

Adrian's comment later "Life is just full of surprises, right Nana?'.

Truer words were never spoken.

Good night all!

• chelone
    15 years ago

Julie, that's a funny story. You're a trooper, love the way you and NDN split the detective work, the tasks, and got the boys to the party. :) (the big honkin' TV on the cedar chest sounds about right for this house, too). Do I recall that you don't drive?

Mary, I know what you mean about the testosterone factor in the the building trades. It's not appreciably different in the marine trades. ;) The best way to deal with it, IMO, is to simply tune it out OR smile and tease them right back. I get called, "dear", "hon.", "cupcake", etc. at least once a day and have for years now. It's not uncommon to hear some crack about the "nice view" when I'm on the floor doing a layout. My take on it is that they like me, respect my abilities, and it's just their way of showing it. It doesn't really bother me, personally. Any chance you will be able to share some photos? I know I have to be very mindful of sharing photos of work I've done for customers. Yeah, I think Maine could be a fun destination, Mary. We have oodles of time to set a date that will suit everyone who would like to come and I'm able to get time off pretty much whenever I want to. So start looking at your calendars, everyone, and we'll figure out how much time we want to devote to it and what we'd like to do. Monique and Les. have highly recommended the Maine Botanical Gardens.

Sue, I'm impressed that you were a 4-Her, too. I didn't know you had rabbits! is it true they eat their droppings to get some vitamin or nutrient they can't synthesize for themselves? The AWS usually has a few rabbits for adoption (some of them are huge); I had no idea you can get them to use a litter pan, but DID suspect that keeping a sharp eye on their busy little mouths was pretty important. I always wanted a guinea pig but Mum and Dad nixed that idea repeatedly... .

It's going to be a real "wash out" this weekend. Wonder if Saucy's kids and husband have planned a camping trip? Had I had my wits about me I'd have taken a few shots of the swamp maples in the marsh area that are beautifully colored up. Cross your fingers that Kyle doesn't blow the leaves off them before I can get a pictures. They're really pretty, but there's still lots more color to come.

A quick spin around the yard the other day revealed the extent of my garden sloth... it is clear that I have no need for aspirin to deaden any pain. lol

I was fast asleep by debate time; I'll have to rely on the "post game wrap up" this morning on NPR (the Today show is the lamest excuse in the world for a news program).

• chelone
    15 years ago

Here is a "long" view of the house:
    {{gwi:177924}}
    And here is a view of the bahn through the trees in the centre of the driveway circle:
    {{gwi:177927}}

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Thanks for the photos Chelone.

Today is the first non-sunny day since my return from Edmonton. This weekend is jam packed with meeting all the folks who want to give consolation...so is a bit tough.

The microwave kicked the bucket, which is fine with me, but DH is at a loss as to how to make tea and coffee without it.

Last night we were out with our French Club and everyone brought us more food to take home...My goodness, I could easily adjust to never cooking again.

This morning, brunch with neighbors, then visitors from Toronto this afternoon...

DD & DSIL are away together in the mountains where there is perhaps snow! Their 9 year old will join them today. Monday they return to their home.

Although I read along here, I am not remembering details. I assume that will happen some day...but no time limit is being set by anyone, thank goodness.

I hope everyone has something wonderful to enjoy this weekend...even if it is just being a sloth. ;)