Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningmary

Idyll #282 - T'is the last rose of summer

gardeningmary
17 years ago

T'is the last rose of summer,

Left blooming alone.

- Thomas Moore, 1779-1852, The Last Rose of Summer.

Comments (112)

• babs_clare
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

(sniff,sniff)Do you smell that?....OOOOH it's just the pic of Marian's tootsies ; )lolol! Sorry Marian-you know me-I can't resist good natured ribbing.
    That rash looks so itchy-from what I can make out it looks kind of eczema-like. Can you use hydrocortizone cream? Or if it's a bug related thing Calamine lotion is very soothing. I'm sorry you are still having trouble with it.

Yeona-good to see you here! That is so sad about your sister trying to kill herself. What a hard road that must be for you and your family. I never knew that about the Irish having higher amounts of schizophrenia-it's an interesting thought. My family does have some Irish roots on my mom's side and it makes me wonder. I've mentioned a few times that my cousin has mental problems and it turns out that one of her doctors finally declared her schizophrenic-though she's teh type that will most likely skip her meds and end up in a mess again. Her father(my uncle)also has something going on and we are wondering if it isn't connected to what she has as well. One thing that I have noticed with my Irish relatives is that stoic manner about life's hard knocks-they always keep that stiff upper lip(at least the ones I know)and I often wonder how that personality type predisposes them for depression or other mental disorders. It drives me nuts that my mom can't say she's sorry or admit when she's sad-if you don't let that stuff out once in a while it eats you up. Schizophrenia and depression are two separate things but it really interests me as to whether that kind of thing(especially depression)travels through our genetics as well.

Michelle-thanks for Chris' bday wishes: ) I just loved hearing that Kenzie calls tomatoes 'apples'-that is so sweet. Wow those winds you've had sound so strong-to knock over planters and all. Please don't blow away; )

Saucy I bet my house is messier than yours-lol.(I bet I really am right too) BUT my car's dashboard is looking pretty spiffy because Aj's Cross country practice was held in the rain so Ryan and I camped out in the car and I wiped down my dusty,grimey dash with babywipes. I only wishI had brought a vaccuum lol.
    LOL and guess what I'm doing too right now(@ 9:19pm)I'm washing clothes too so AJ has a gym uniform for tomorrow: )

Woody how nice that you're trying so hard to post here-it's good to hear from you.

So what do you think Ei's been up to? lolol Welcome home Ei!! I'm so glad I was here to see pics of your trip. What a gorgeous place Seattle is-that whole PNW Coast has such beautifully wooded areas and beaches and mountains! It's like a lost world when you walk through forests like those with the mammoth tree trunks and ferns everywhere. I love that pic of the misty path at the wildlife preserve-it's has great depth-I want to investigate!lol. My brother used to live in Vancouver,WA and I really enjoyed that area.
    Thanks for showing us SO many pics and you better find a teeny bit of time to keep in touch here-kay? we've missed you.

Wish me luck-tomorrow my nurse supervisor will be working with me...I hope I've done enough paperwork and filing to her liking....

HI to Norma! and the rest of the idyll gang as well.

~Babs

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow, the Idylls are hopping tonight, how great!!

Ei - I'm looking forward to pouring a cup of tea and sitting down to enjoy your post after work tomorrow. Please leave the pics up till then! Lovely to hear from you.

Much to share about the weekend, perhaps even a clip of Deanne, Marie's DH and myself playing music together!!! But there are still things to take care of here before I can fully Idyll. I launched right back into carpooling from swim team, our first Cub Scout meeting, music practice, homework and fitting in a little time with DH. So I'll wave to everyone and look forward to "talking" more tomorrow.

Mary

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Just finished an hour and a half carting pots into the garden shed. They all got watered well also. I have heard to water before a chance of frost helps. A few of the really big ones stayed out and are covered, but with the wind I'm not sure if they will stay that way. I will leave them in tonight and tomorrow night and then start with cuttings and dismantling. We are supposed to warm up again. I did all this in the dark since we didn't leave the football game until 7:15. Brrr the wind was cold at the game. It wasn't as bad in the garden as I was moving. We do have a yard light (similar to town street lights) right by the garden shed. That is one of the reasons this shed works so well and the fact it is right in the middle of the gardens. Would you beleive that we also have another shed that would make a very nice garden shed. The only problem with that one is that it is too far from the gardens. We keep the mower etc. in there.

I must go now, we are going to set up Rick's Cpap machine and see how it works.

Night
    Michelle

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Good Morning Idylls!

I get to post again today :-) cause I have to stay here for the counter guys! :-) They werent able to finish yesterday, so they are back again today....should be here any minute.

LOL Sue...youre kidding??!! No, I didnt know Monique was visiting the Seattle area! Wish I had known, maybe we could have met up for a day...how fun that would have been! Hope she has as nice a time as I did. Wonder if she is going to take the cruise to Victoria, BC to see Butchart Gardens? I really wanted to do that, but time didnt allow. Ive been told the gardens are fabulous and a must see...Well, maybe next time. If Monique did go to Butchart, hope shell post some pics, like she did of the NYBG. Shes a wonderful garden tour guide! :-)

Mary, Ill try to leave the pics up for a little longer today, but Im sure all those pictures are hanging up the dial ups and I really want to see all your pics (Deanne, Sue, Bug, & yours) from the Canadian visit. I fear with all my pics Im keeping you guys from doing that. Ill take them off this evening, but I really feel like I should take them off right now.

Marian, your agastache, angelonia and impatiens pic is lovely...such a pretty combination of color and contrast/compliment in flower structure. I had wanted to post, weeks? months? ago about your lovely deck pictures. I was thinking at the time how I would have loved to pull up a lawn chair on your deck and just escape in that tropical oasis! :-) Just beautiful and Im sure brought you lots of pleasure this season. Are you afraid of heights at all? I was nervous when I first stepped into the balloon and we took off and I would not look over the edge of the basket, but then after a few moments my fears were washed away by the magical feeling of floating and the birds eye view of the world. It really is an amazing feeling....I hope you do get the chance to experience it.

Yeona, Im so sorry to hear about your sister. I was hoping (for you and your family and for DS) that things were stabilizing. Life can be very challenging even when we are mentally healthy; I cant even imagine how hard it must be when one is also struggling with mental illness. I feel so badly for those who must face that struggle and for the families that love them. Ill be keeping you all in my good thoughts.

Norma, I know just what you mean. I was wondering if someone has invented one of those lights to fit hard hat style, with a bendable neck on the light so that you could shine it directly into your face and it should run by long wearing batteries...LOL! I can see it now, strolling through the grocery store with all the shoppers looking like miners and yes, I would definitely be one of the miners! :-) Low light really affects me too. DH cant stand it cause when Im in a room I like to have every single available light on and all the curtains fully open...LOL! He would rather have low light and all the curtains drawn...he says its much more relaxing that way. He also likes the house to be *hot*, where I prefer cool. We keep ourselves quite amused; he drawing the curtains, me coming to throw them open, him turning out the lights, me behind him turning them all on, him raising the thermostat, me lowering it...its how we get our daily exercise...LOL!

Saucy, sorry that you are going through some down days and sorry to hear about your DS's arm...thank goodness it wasn't as bad as you thought. I think we all struggle with down days...I think we all have those moments, I know I certainly have. I *love* "Crazy"...thats a *Belter*! One of my favorite songs and only Patsy Cline sings it right! :-) A great song to help one release their inner angst. Ive been know to play that one full blast in the car, singing right along with her in my loudest, albeit croaky voice. I always feel much better after Ive played it, singing along, at least 5 or 6 times! :-)

One thing that works to give one a lift is to come here! It never fails that I guffaw at least once while Im here. You guys have such great wit...V & Babs never fail to get a guffaw out of me....I *love* guffawing! :-) There was lots of that in our household when I was growing up. I think for the most part, Italians are very expressive, emotional people and my family and extended family were no exception. Hadnt thought about whether traits could be genetic? Well, while I am an old married woman, I will let you guys in on a secret...I have always been drawn to Irish men and dated several Michaels, Patricks and Seans as a young woman; much to my fathers consternation...he was always hoping I would date a nice Italian boy. Funny, I dont think I *ever* dated an Italian boy...LOL! No it was always Irish boys for me (so how did I end up with a German?) :-) My experience with Irish men is that they are utterly charming, sweet, funny, a little reckless, and yea, I guess now that you bring it up, a little melancholy too.

Woody what a bummer about trying to get here! I can certainly understand your frustration and your reasons for not posting like you might otherwise. Like your idea of the EEs in a container all by themselves. Think that would be a nice way to fill in the deck, nestled among all the other pots...could give that "jungle oasis" feel that I so admired with Marians deck. And you are right, I think the EEs (particularly the green ones cause they get so large) would probably be more suited to a single planting.

Michelle so sorry to hear about the wind damage and the cold! Its pretty chilly here today and as V says, looks like tonight we will be pretty cold. I am ready to give up the hanging baskets (they always seem to be the first to poop out) but not ready to say goodbye yet (or even prepared to dismantle) all the other containers. Hope everything made it through last nights weather for you. Also hoping that all went well with Ricks Cpap machine and that you all had a good sound sleep.

Babs & Taryn thanks for describing, what I was feeling, but was unable to express with the right words...."like a lost world when you walk through forests like those with the mammoth tree trunks and ferns everywhere." Thats *exactly* how it felt, Babs. It was all very magical. I need to find a new word for magical...but thats what it was! Taryn, that tree *was* old and majestic and it *did* give me goosebumps too just to touch it....to imagine how long it had been here and all that it has seen in the changes of the world and how it has adjusted and thrived....*amazing!*

Babs, I will try to post as much as I can, but there are lots of changes going on here and some too personal struggles (which I dont want to share here due to the 1000 plus lurkers sorry lurkers nothing personal). On a good note, DS seems to be doing very well (Thanks Taryn!). Paul and I have agreed to keep our computer time to a minimum, but that doesnt mean when hes not around and Im not busy with mom and sis, that I cant come here! :-) And I will definitely try to be more regular than I have been.

As a side note, I laugh because no one caught my little play on words....seafood, fish, Isle...aw forget it...I thought I was being clever, but I guess it wasnt really all that clever after all....LOL! I guess you guys are so use to me misspelling, that you didnt even notice! :-)

Anyway, the counter guys are pulling into the drive, so I best be going now. Have a lovely day all!

P.S. Welcome home, Deanne, Sue & Mary! :-)

Urge For Going

I awoke today and found
    the frost perched on the town
    It hovered in a frozen sky
    then it gobbled summer down
    When the sun turns traitor cold
    and all the trees are shivering in a naked row

I get the urge for going
    But I never seem to go
    I get the urge for going
    When the meadow grass is turning brown
    Summertime is falling down and winter is closing in

I had me a man in summertime
    He had summer-colored skin
    And not another girl in town
    My darling's heart could win
    But when the leaves fell on the ground
    Bully winds came around
    Pushed them face down in the snow

He got the urge for going
    And I had to let him go
    He got the urge for going
    When the meadow grass was turning brown
    Summertime was falling down and winter was closing in

Now the warriors of winter
    They gave a cold triumphant shout
    And all that stays is dying
    And all that lives is gettin' out
    See the geese in chevron flight
    Flapping and racing on before the snow

They got the urge for going
    And they got the wings so they can go
    They get the urge for going
    Summertime is falling down and winter is closing in

I'll ply the fire with kindling now
    I'll pull the blankets up to my chin
    I'll lock the vagrant winter out and
    I'll fold my wandering in
    I'd like to call back summertime
    Have her stay for just another month or so

But she's got the urge for going
    So I guess she'll have to go
    She gets the urge for going
    All her empire's falling down
    And winter's closing in.
    And I get the urge for going
    And summertime is falling down.

To Sing For You

Donovan

When you're feeling kind of lonesome in your mind
    With a heartache following you so close behind
    Call out to me as I ramble by
    I'll sing a song for you
    That's what I'm here to do
    To sing for you

When the night has left you cold and feeling sad
    I will show you that it cannot be so bad
    Forget the one who went and made you cry
    I'll sing a song for you
    To sing for you

When you feel you just can't make it anymore
    With your head bowed down you're staring at the floor
    Search out to me with your weary eyes
    I'll sing a song for you
    To sing for you

Now every man he has his work you know
    And to find out mine you ain't got far to go
    Call out to me with your weary eyes
    I'll sing a song for you
    To sing for you

Sorry, not cheery songs, I know, but Joni and Donovan always seem to speak to me! :-)

Maybe this is better for today?

Chicago - Wake up sunshine
    Wake up sunshine
    Open up your sleepy eyes for me
    Can't have you hidin'
    I've been waiting all the night
    People waiting for the light
    Sunshine, sunshine
    Wake up sunshine
    Let me feel your warm sunlight on me
    Can't have you hidin'
    Night was long and night was cold
    But today we're one day older
    Sunshine, you make my life sunshine
    You know I'm talkin' to you
    I know you're knowin' it too
    So just stop hidin' your face
    Just open your eyes
    Just smile your smile
    I'm talkin' to you
    Wake up sunshine
    Ooh it's good to have you here with me
    Can't have you hidin'
    Can't imagine what I'd do
    But feel too lonely without you
    Sunshine, sunshine
    You got to wake up girl
    And face the day ahead

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Well now I've gone and done it. I am removing all the pictures and will try to post them on a separate post for you Mary....sorry everyone!

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Ei, I loved your pictures. I have never been there, but I sure would like to now after seeing your pictures. The one by the "Do Not Idle" sign is perfect. I can just see Paul humoring you. I thought of a fairy in a garden when I saw you by that huge tree. I also noticed you fairy in the container - neat.

Michelle

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    17 years ago

I can't resist... Ei - here is my pot of EE this year:
    {{gwi:178019}}
    I've never tried growing the dark-leafed ones. Looking at the picture of your EE with acidanthera, I think maybe I'll try the dark EE with acidanthera next year. I think the dark eye of the acidanthera might look especially nice with the dark-leafed EE.....

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Hello everyone,

Im just taking a break from trying to get the house in order and do a bit of picking up in the gardens after having been gone for five days. The laundry was stacked to the rafters! LOL Anyway, I think Ive done four loads of wash and have finally gotten the stack down to one load of whites left to go. I might just get it done before the end of this day. I only lost one fuchsia to the trip. I think DD didnt see the Dark Eyes in the Mountain Ash tree because it hadnt been watered since we left. Im not complaining, she did a great job taking care of everything while working full time at her day job and part time at her retail job. Ive really got to find a better way to do these pots next year. Do any of you have a drip irrigation system installed? I think that would work pretty well especially with all the containers against the fences.

There is just no way Im going to catch up but Ill try my best here.

Woody, Im so happy you are posting again! Love that photo of your EE. It really is impressive. Again, many thanks for your wonderful hospitality! We all had a terrific time visiting you and touring your gardens.

Eileen, I love all your vacation pics. ~~ Im absolutely amazed that you know "Urge for Going". Do you know that is one of the few songs I can still play and sing without mistakes? I sang it this weekend at Maries during our music evening. How did you know? Did you know that was written by Joni Mitchell? It was recorded and made popular in folk circles by Tom Rush and many people dont know Joni wrote it. Ive been performing that song for thirty years! Neat! ~~~ BTW thanks for the Welcome Home!

Michelle, Kenzies "I wuv you gamma" must have melted your heart! ~~ Im so sorry about the wind damage. That must be so frustrating. ~~ How did DH do with his machine last night? ~~ Oh dear, I can empathize with you over lugging all those pots in and covering them up in the dark. I usually wind up doing exactly the same thing. I know the frost is coming but I just cant seem to dismantle things before it happens. You know, what if I can get another couple weeks out of the containers if it warms up?

Mary, Im still trying to figure out how to downsize the music video file so I can make a link. Im working on it.

Marian, I just love that agastache/angelonia/impatiens combination. Lovely! ~~ Sorry about your ankles. That looks not only itchy but painful. Are those the chigger bites you got a week or so ago? That looks just miserable.

Norma, I know the day length is totally affecting my mood and energy level. It just gets so difficult to be productive this time of the year. Hope today was better for you.

Saucy, thinking of you! Hope things are settling down for you and that we can plan a plant digging day with Wendy soon. Im sure the day length is affecting you too. It really is difficult to deal with that as well as all the other stuff youve got going on. Have you been able to do any walking? Exercise always helps me.

Bug, I cant believe it rained after we left yesterday. We didnt encounter a single drop, in fact, it was sunny for the whole day of driving.

V, sorry for the problem DE. Work is challenging enough without having to deal with fractious people. I hope things smooth out.

Yeona, sorry for your family troubles. ~~ Yes, I have to agree that my garden is much improved since I started participating on the garden forums. There is so much wonderful sharing of information here.

Babs, nice to see you more often lately. I like your dunch idea. It actually is better for you to have your large meal in the middle of the day. ~~ Did you make any headway with dismantling your pots?

Eden, you are way ahead of me with getting the containers ready for winter. Im jealous Ive only just taken a few cuttings and gotten all the orchids in the house. Ive not even started dealing with the fuchsias yet. Sometimes I look around and think it might just be better to let it all go and start over in the spring but then I know Ill never find some of these plants and certainly wouldnt be able to find fuchsias the size of the ones I have now. So I just need to keep at it.

T. yes indeed, Woody and her DH sent us all home with many, LARGE, chocolate bars. Whats a girl to do but say Thank you.

Honey, I love the Great Truths!!! ROTFLOL thanks for the laughs.

Wendy, Ive penciled you in for the first of Oct. Looking forward to seeing you again. I sure wish Id been able to go on the garden tours you did with Sue a couple weeks ago. I guess there is only so much fun one person can have.

So now onto a few pics from the wonderful Rochester/Canada weekend.

This first one has a bit of a story to it and I really should let Sue tell you all about it. Needless to say she was trying to keep all the Hydrangea Little Honeys to herself. It probably resembled a stampede of three crazed gardeners when we pulled into the nursery and saw that they had the elusive plant.
    {{gwi:178020}}

Here is the group ready to enjoy that lovely cake Marie posted a photo of previously.
    {{gwi:178021}}

And our impromptu Idyll Trio Maries DH and Deanne on guitars and vocals and Mary on violin. I must tell you all, at this point in time, that our Mary is a BRILLIANT musician! What an incredible treat it was to hear her play. Thank you Mary for sharing your music!
    {{gwi:178022}}

Here is the gang at breakfast before our tour of Elora and hike in the Elora Gorge. Mary, Sue and Doug were brave and had some of the coffee Id made. Ive no idea how to use a drip set up like that and it came out like espresso. I was happy but I think it was just a tad strong for everyone else.
    {{gwi:178023}}

OK Im going to get back to that pile of laundry that now needs to be folded and put away. Ill stop by later with a few more photos.

Deanne

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Woody, what is the huge leaved plant to the right of your elephant's ear? Your EE is so much fuller than mine. Mine keeps losing it's lower leaves, and it is in a large tub by it's self.

Ei, As I said on your other thread, I am glad you moved all your Washington pics so we can continue to look at them, but I wish you hadn't deleted the two of the hot air balloons. :-(
    None of it slowed my down-loading of the thread. It didn't even take a full minute, and still doesn't.
    Yes, I do have a problem with heights. Years ago at the rim of the Grand Canyon, I couldn't just walk up and look down, I had to go on all 4's ! lol! It felt as though I would fall in ! I had the same feeling when at the top of the Tower of Astoria, in Washington. I am having some equalibrium problems lately, so that will not help if I do get to go up in a balloon. I still want to.
    LOL, I went back to see what you were talking about...re: " Isles of fish". Probably most were like me, I 'read' "aisles", I was the one who was not clever...not you!
    Okay, here is another couple of pics of the deck just for you:

{{gwi:178025}}

{{gwi:178027}}

The second one is with the morning sun on it.

I am going to bring as much of it into the utility room as I can.

I think I am being a 'typhoid Mary' ! ( Sorry, Mary ) I think I have been spreading a 'bug' around. I haven't felt up to snuff for 3 or 4 days, but I went to the Golden Year's class today. Now I am rather nauseous along with the headache and drowiness that I have. Sure hope I didn't infect anyone!

Marian

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

We've moved into autumn in the last 24 hrs. it seems. It's cold and rainy here. We're forecasted to get down into the mid-40s tonight. I still have a lot of plants to bring in so I hope it warms up soon. I've torn apart the containers on the front deck and bought some mums, pansies and kale yesterday to add to them but haven't felt like venturing out to get them planted up yet. Good news! My mom had a scan last week after her 3rd chemo treatment and got the results today. The tumors have shrunk by 1/2 so far and the Dr. said that was good progress.

Woody, Your colocasia is beautiful! I did all of mine that way this year too, each in it's own pot. I notice that you have 2 ficus trees in your picture. I have 2 also that I just got Brad to lug into the basement this last week. Yours look bigger and older than mine. This will be my 3rd year of overwintering them. You know, I always get a message that pops up when I log onto GW too that I'm being directed to an unsecure site. I hope you continue to post even though it sure sounds like you have to go to a lot of trouble to do it. I enjoy hearing from you so much!

Ei, it's great to have you back. Glad you had such a great vacation. Chicago's Wake Up Sunshine is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting that, it made me smile.

Marian, your deck is beautiful with all of the plants. Looks like a tropical paradise. Hope your feet clear up soon.

V, your prairie dinner sounds great. I can just imagine how nice it was.

Michelle, bet you slept well after the day you had yesterday. How did Rick do with his machine?

Deanne, I keep thinking the same thing about just letting the plants go. But after investing $$ and a whole season of growth I tell myself that I need to bring them in. My other problem is that they take so much care over the winter and I have a hard time giving it to them with Bella here. Today's been a laundry day for me too.

Hi to everyone! I know I had more to comment on but don't have time to go back and check on what. Just wanted to check in. I've got Bella the next few days so Idyll time will be scarce.

Hope you're all snuggled into a warm place for the evening.

Eden

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone

Like Deanne, I'm running about here trying to get caught up after being away so I'm afraid I'll miss too many if I try and post individually. I did want to comment on how marvellous Woody's EE is and how lush and tropical Marian's deck is. When I first opened the thread I they were Deanne's containers - we all know what a compliment that is!

I've been trying to figure out how to post our Idyll music clip too but haven't had much luck. If anyone knows how could you email me?

Deanne - thanks for sharing the pictures. I love the way you've captured Charlotte in the doorway in the shot of us at the table. We truely had a wonderful time playing music with Marie's DH. he has such a great smile and is so charming. For those who might not have heard her sing, Deanne has a marvellous voice and is a gifted guitar player. We are going to practice in advance for our next Idyllunion and perhaps add a music evening to the agenda. Let me see, Laura's DH is rather good on the guitar, Babs plays the clarinet, I'm sure there are some other players out there - who else can we round up?

Hope to be back later, for now supper (and a hungry family and dog) calls.

Mary

• saucydog
    17 years ago

Marian, surely you know the cure for chiggers....paint them with fingernail polish! It smothers the little buggers (they burrow into your skin) and then they die.

At least that's the old wives tale I know :)

I missed the diagnosis....do you know they're chiggers? Once I sat on a rock wall coverered in them and had them all along my rear panty line (they get wherever your clothes touch your body closely)....boy was that awful. Couldn't reach to paint those :)

I'm really tired today. Full on send Jake to school....the nurse is not all there, but we made it through. Get this....she didn't recognize us from yesterday. The look on her face was total confusion. Jake told me she split his Tylenol in half because according to her it was "too big". He takes Tylenol according to weight and age and I sent the appropriate medicine. He came home in pain. I will see her tomorrow.

The trip looks like so much fun. Wendy and Deanne, I'm totally in for a trip and Oct. 1st works fine for me! I will go anywhere anytime to get out of this place :)

I'm sorry I can't comment on everything. I've gotta get on a new schedule when I'm posting here in the morning. I'm usually pretty optomistic before the day really gets underway :)

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm sending them right back to all that need them.

Saucy

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

I'm bound to leave people out if I respond...but let me start with a bravo to Marian for her jungle like deck! Just beautiful! I also am an Agastache fan, so enjoyed that photo too.
    I loved my return trip to Seattle with Ei! You seem to have packed in lots of great things. I have been to Pike's Market several times and loved every inch of it. Donovan was always enjoyable to me. What an interesting man.
    Hi to V who seems to be operating at her typical frantic pace. You seem to deal with people of all ages in your daily doings...and that is a secret to a long life I am told! In any case, I always enjoy reports on your kids, MIL, etc... Did you ever get together again with Trudy or plant her seeds?
    Eden, I understand well why you can't post as frequently as before, but I do miss your sparkle! Little Miss Bella the Ball is a going concern I am sure!
    Yeona, it must be terribly hard to remain level headed in the midst of so much family struggle. I sometimes wonder how people manage, but they do! Children of poor parenting are often resilient, and terrific parents sometimes have incredibly difficult children. We can only do our best. Wishing your family the very best.
    Babs, so are things "mellowing out" yet? I don't quite picture you lounging around with a book and taking a bubble bath....because you are full of energy, but perhaps that's what you need at the end of a frantic day. ;-)
    Hi Honey! Hi Chelone! Hi everyone I've missed!
    Totally dark out by now at 7:45. Let there be light!!!!!!I guess we start the countdown until the longer days begin - in January??? Say it isn't so!

'bug

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Do you ever find yourself wondering why you did something? Last night at Cub Scouts I signed David up for the Cub Scout weekend Camp in October. For Cubs the boys attend with a parent, there are usually about 2/3 Dads, 1/3 Moms. I just recieved the final list of who will be going in a couple of weeks - 28 boys, 27 Dads and me - Yikes!! I'm the ONLY woman going. It's too late to cancel, we've paid the money and David would be devasted not to attend. For a brief spell I deluded myself that DH (who hates camping) would go, but he is safely away in Las Vegas for work that weekend. Do you think I'll survive?

Saucy - hope you can talk some sense into the nurse so that Jake is not in pain. David broke his arm on the monkey bars in Kindergarten. The worst part was him not being able to swim. At least at this time of year that is less of a problem.

Babs - was the nurse pleased with your hard work?

The troups are fed but I still have dishes to do. Back to the salt mines.

Mary

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Lol...Saucy, not only do they get under the "rear panty line", they get ALL around the panty lines! I do not know about the fingernail polish, ( I don't even have any ), but it would require painting most of my body! Also, it is usually at least one day before I know where they are burrowed. I guess I have a delayed reaction ? I am not positive that they are they cause of my itch this time, but if not, I don't know what else it would be. It has been a very weird year!
    Sorry about the school nurse. She sounds like my ex-DIL.:-(
    I sure hope things 'look up' for you very soon.

Deanne, what is your singing voice? Mine is first soprano.
    I love the pics you posted. My word.... my old eyes are really playing tricks on me! I had to look and look before I saw Charlotte in the doorway! I guess my mind was too drawn to all the lovely smiling faces. I am ROTFLOL about Sue and the "Little Honey" Hydrangeas. Love that expression! I have to confess, the agastache, angelonia, and impatiens are all in differant pots! Just grouped together. A happy combination.
    It is interesting about your knowledge of the song Ei posted. I don't recall ever hearing it. :-(

Michelle, I remember when my dear GDs first learned to tell me they love me. It truely is heart warming.

Wow! Mary, that is the ultimate of compliments!

It is predicted to get in the low 40s tonight. I did bring in a few of the more tender plants. I believe everything will be okay, and it will be warming up for the rest of the week and weekend. I will bring in the rest of my shelving material tomorrow, or soon.
    Tomorrow is Senior Day at the Northwest Arkansas District Fair, in Harrison. I would like to go, but need to be in better shape if I do.

I hope we all have a good night , and a better day tomorrow!

Marian

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Just in from covering a few things, there is a possible low of 30 tonight. But then no more low temps in the 10 day forecast. Its dark here at 7:45 as well.

It looks like the Idyll get together was great fun.

Mary, I can't help it, but I can't get the image of 55 males and you camping out of my mind. It gave me a chuckle, but seriously its great that you are willing to fill when your DH can't go.
    My DH has a great singing voice. I have played a few instruments in my day, but not anymore in front of anyone.

Eden, its great to hear that the Dr. is pleased with your mom's test results. Rick said he slept quite well with the Cpap and so did I and without earplugs. It was so quiet. He said he felt so rested.

Marian, what wonderful pictures of your deck.

Sooo, how many Little Honeys did Sue get?

Night
    Michelle

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Michelle, I didn't get as many Little Honeys as Deanne...lol. One is all I wanted but I have seriously been looking for that plant for at least 2 or 3 years with no luck at all at my usual nursery haunts. This japanese maple nursery in Mary's town had at least a dozen of them and all good size and well grown. Deanne and I have already decided to go back to Mary's with one of our UAVs next spring and stock up. I go to alot of nurseries and this one ranks right up there in plant selection-especially woody plants. In addition to the Little Honey I also got an Acer palmatum 'Emperor I' and a shrub form Ginkgo 'Witche's Broom'. Deanne and Doug were kind enough to drive them home for me.

Mary and Deanne I think I have the video upload problem solved. Unfortunately I left the CDs at work so we'll have to wait til tomorrow morning to see if I really have it figured out. Tonight I resized all my pictures of Marie's garden and it looks like I have some good ones. I'll post them on a separate thread.

LOL, Mary, you'll deserve an honor badge of some sort after a weekend with all that testosterone. What a sport!

Eden, great news about your mom. We were all just wondering about her during the weekend gathering.

Marian, your deck looks lush and full. Is this all despite the deer and raccoon damage? It fills in quick, doesn't it? Are you expecting a frost anytime soon? On Thursday night it's supposed to get into the upper 30s here. I guess I should start thinking about taking some coleus cuttings.

Ei, Monique is in Seattle for a business conference. Les is with her and they have extended the trip for garden stuff but I'm not sure exactly what was on the agenda. As you know the whole area is just a hotbed of horticultural delights. I know she was really disappointed when Heronswood closed.

Woody, that pot of EE looks awfully familiar...lol. How do you plan to overwinter it?

What day is October 1st? Sunday? Deanne, maybe I'll join in on your digging party with Saucy and Wendy. It would be the perfect opportunity to pick up my plants.

Allrighty then, time to go upload some pictures then head off to bed.

Sue

• just_t
    17 years ago

Wow, some lovely photos to look at these past couple days. Marian, your deck is lush and lovely! Woody's huge plants show what a great green thumb (and fingers!) that she has (it is so wonderful to have you posting again, I've missed you!). It is wonderful to see so many Idyll friends enjoying each other! And I loved seeing Ei's photos and having her back with us.

Saucy, it sounds like you are having a heck of a time -- but you sound determined and strong. I'm so glad you are posting and hope you continue to come share what is happening in your days. The wintertime blues seem to decend very quickly here, I'm hoping to keep them at bay this year.......somehow. ;oP

Yeona......what a time your family has had. I hope your immediate family will continue to not have any of the problems that the extended family has been battling. What a heartbreaking time to see others, you care deeply about, struggling.

I enjoyed seeing Sue sharing her bounty ;o).....and to see the happiness on everyone's faces as they enjoy each other's company & friendship. Good times were had, it appears. :o) We need to relocate some Idylls over this side of the continent, me thinks! I'm a bit lonely. By the way -----where is Barb?? She's been MIA for awhile....for too long. YooooHOOOOO BARB?! lol, we'll see if she is just reading occasionally and will see she's being paged.

Well, I didn't have anything important to add to this conversation but thought I'd pop in and send a boring missive anyway. I've now done my duty, LOL, so my job is done. I'm going to be busy for the next few days so hope to pop in long enough to read each day but probably won't be posting (quit smiling and sighing those relieved sighs!!! LOL).

Hello to all.......
    T.

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Lol I just told Chris I just needed twenty min. to idyll then I'd plunk down and make like a couch potato along with him...think I can say all I need to?

That would be SO fun to get an idyll ensemble together! I do know I'm rusty after trying to play some tunes from my younger days this past Sunday....I would probably be embarrassed if I tried to play with you other idyll musicians: ) STILL I hope someday we can really try it!

Deanne I made small headway on the pots. I got a couple fuchsias out though they really can be out there longer since they enjoy the mid-forties anyway. Right now it's 55F. It was the house plant types I wanted to really get to. I had this spindly philodendron that I used outside for the first time and it went bonkers with really healthy,larger leaves and it tripled in length so I'm going to use that outside again next year if I don't kill it first. I am determined to cultivate the iresine plant from you-it really took its time with growth so I'll be happy if it sees the outdoors next year...or if it sees next year at all lolol. I also brought in the clerodendron since I'm not sure how much cold it can tolerate. Sheesh the Clero. is a reeky plant-almost reminds me of burning rubber-blech. BUT the deer don't eat it: )

Marian!!Your deck floras and foliages are beautiful! I agree about that agastache,etc. combo of plants-very pretty colors.

Sue you look like a crazed woman in that pic....sorry but friends can be honest can't they? LOL-hey it got a big smile out of me anyway: ) [shh I would have done the same thing-what a nice looking plant!] So did you buy all of them?

Mary-I done good: ) the nurse supevisor was indeed satisfied but there is a pile of work yet to do! Things won't slow down until mid october because we have to tally the immunization records for the board of health by then besides all my other fun tasks lol.Oh that's in between kids needing my TLC. Oy, I even act as a psychologist-a few kids were coming to me for advice...I think they know I'll listen which does make me feel good.
    And how about you? Is the new job going well for you? Do you feel settled in at all?
    OH that is going to be one fun campout....for the dads!lol. Can't you bribe your DH? lol

Saucy that nurse can't just change the dose like that. Here we have to OK something like that with the doctor as far as dosage size PLUS the parent has to sign off that they authorize the change as well. That does sound weird. If she keeps doing her own thing I would definitely mention it to the principal.Poor Jake!

I feel terrible for Ryan's teacher. The class has 27 kids and six of them are behavior problems. A kid bit another kid yesterday then today he scratched another one and broke teh skin-he got a demerit. She was in tears when I saw her bringing the kid to the office. Ryan is going to take a bouquet of flowers from my garden for his teacher tomorrow. Tall white snapdragons,violet mums,lavender(to calm her),salvia farinacea,fuchsia 'gartenmeister' and fuchsia 'Beacon'(from deanne!).

Time's WAY up!...no,twenty minutes is not enough for me to idyll: )[big surprise, huh.]

~Babs

• deanneart
    17 years ago

A very quick good morning everyone. I've got to run and get showered and out the door so I can get to the dentist's for 8:00AM. Yukky, I have to have another crown put on this morning. I'm already having anxiety attacks. I scheduled this six months ago when they told me I should have had it done right away. Procrastination only works for a while. LOL

So, hopefully this one will go better than the last and there wont' be any problems.

Sue, Oct. 1st is a Sunday. That would be really cool if yo can come too.

Babs, that class of Ryan's sounds dreadful. That poor teacher! How nice Ryan is going to bring her flowers.

Mary, OMG! I can't believe you are going to go through with that. Surely you can find a guy to do that for you. I'd be horrified. ~~ How fun if we can pick a few pieces of music and send the sheet music to everyone who wants to join in at the next Idyllunion.

T. what is going on with the babies lately? We'd really like to see some new pics?

Marian, your deck looks so lovely right now! You've done a marvelous job with that. So colorful and lush. Do you have a place you can sit and enjoy that view? ~~ RE: voice, it depends on whether I've been practicing. Right now I'm a pretty solid alto and can go below that range. When I'm practicing I can also sing in the soprano range but as I discoverec to my dismay this weekend I've lost the whole upper end of my range from not practicing.

Michelle, great to hear that the machine worked well. Fantastic! ~~ Did you get a frost last night?

Eden, I so know what you mean about the plants. It becomes a huge job to keep up with all the cuttings. I wish they could all go dormant for the winter. If it was just taking them in and forgetting them until spring that would be one thing but somehow I have to ramp back on the amount of stuff I have to take care of over the winter.

Saucy, Yea! you're in for Oct. 1st! I'm looking forward to seeing you. I sure hope we get some nice weather.

OK I think I've 'talked' to everyone and I'm going to be seriously late if I don't get off this computer.

Have a great day everyone,
    Deanne

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

A little something for your morning listening pleasure...Not bad, huh? Did you know we had such talent among us? There is a longer version but it took 20 minutes to upload this one so the other will have to wait til later.

Enjoy!

Sue

17 years ago

Good morning all! feels like fall this morning here - the temperatures have been bouncing up and down the past few days so sometimes it feels like summer and sometimes like fall. Today is a doggie daycare day - We babysat a friend's Border Collie (HIGH energy dog!) for a week in July and he's been coming back regularly since then for day care a few days a week so he doesn't get destructively bored on days he would otherwise be home alone. We just came back from walking and I'm out of breath! On our own, Misty and I walk at a liesurely pace - but not when Liam is with us!

Deanne - it was such fun meeting all of you! I feel bad that I sort of rushed everyone around the garden - I figured everyone must have been in need of the essentials (food, drink and the bathroom:-) after a long car ride and that we could go back out for a more leisurely tour later after lunch - but I never got organized enough to do the second trip around the garden - guess youll have to come back next year some time, huh?! By the way, you need to tell me the name of that green and white annual that was in the bed on the patio Im hopeless at annuals and dont have a clue what the names of a couple of them are that got plunked into the garden to fill bare spots before the tour this year!

Marian - the other plant youre seeing is upright elephant ears - Alocasia. That cursed thing took 6 months to produce its first leaf! It now has three. I almost threw the tuber out, thinking it must be dead/have rotted. Last year, I did throw out the one I had tried to start - this years experience made me realize that I gave up too soon last year! Needless to say, I will not be letting this one go dormant over the winter for fear that it would take 6 months to get moving again next year! My colocasias in the big pot do have leaves that turn yellow and get cut off - there are a lot of little offset tubers in there and the smaller leaves on those seem particularly prone to yellowing. I just cut them off when they do. I flood the pot daily with water. I gave it a good dose of slow release fertilizer when I potted them up and another dose about a month ago. All the tubers in the pot started from one tuber I bought about three summers ago. Heaven knows how many tubers there will be when I take them out later this fall - assuming I can get them out of there! Your deck looks very lush and tropical. I notice you have cannas there. I grew some in a pot for the first time this year - Ive never grown them before. It hasnt bloomed and is only about 3 tall. Ive seen others much bigger and blooming in pots, so Im not doing something right I assume What does it take for them to grow well?

Eden - the fiscus are neat - DH has had one of those for something like 30 years. The other was his parents that we took when they retired to the west coast 20 years ago - and they had it for 10 years or so before that! So, they are both pretty old trees now. They hadnt been repotted in 10 years or so. DH wanted me to repot them this summer. I was afraid it would kill them but I did it in early August and they seem to be doing fine. I wanted to move them indoors last weekend but it wasnt on the priority list! We moved them up onto the porchlast night so they are a bit more sheltered and will move them indoors in the next day or two, along with the rest of the vacationing houseplants on the porches. The fiscus are sort of like giant bonsai at this point. They get water in the winter and a slow release fertilizer in early spring - and that will be their regime until they get repotted again in another 10 years or so The security warnings Im concerned about is not the one you see - thats a standard one; I know what it means and its not an issue. The ones Im worried about imply an attempt by a third party to take control of my computer to use it for nefarious purposes.

Mary - I forgot you played the violin and didnt know you had it with you or I would have got you to play for DH ! He used to play the flute - but hasnt in years now. Ill bet flute and violin sound good together

Saucy - Hi! We havent met before I think It sounds like the school nurse needs a severe talking-to!

Mary - that sounds like quite a camping trip coming up! (I share your DHs views of camping - I prefer my comforts and camping just doesnt cut it)

Sue - the big EEs will get dug out after the first frost and stored dry in the basement for the winter. I pot them up in early February or so to get them started growing again. I expect there will be lots of offset tubers in there so I might do two big pots next year - if I can figure out where to put a second one

Babs - sounds like youre a perfect fit for your job! Poor teacher/poor Ryan - not going to be a fun year for the teacher or the rest of the kids Im sure.

• just_t
    17 years ago

Last night I received an email that I was not expecting. It was from the daughter of a dear friend I met through the internet. The daughter was letting me know that her mother passed away the day before.

My friend was a friend to many.....she was well liked, non-assuming, insightful, gifted with serenity and strength.

She was also a very private person who did not share much of the trials, health problems and worries that she encountered in her own life. Thus, I know that it is not appropriate for me to violate that which she held dear by publically announcing her passing in such a way that would have upset her even though she isn't here to know of my faux pas. :o)

No notification was planned due to her privacy wishes....but I was given permission to share her passing, in this particular way.

I was told that after my grandsons were born a few weeks ago, she printed out the photo I sent her and showed it to her family. "She was so proud of those twins, you would have thought she was related to them." is what I heard this morning in talking with the daughter. I had no idea and am thankful that a bit of my life, brightened hers.

I will miss her as will many of her friends and all of her family. But I will see and remember her in the Enchanted Places of my mind.......

{{gwi:178029}}

T.

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

T, thanks for sharing with us the passing of a dear friend and a very special person. Your last statement says it so well.

Michelle

• deanneart
    17 years ago

T, thank you very much for sharing this information here. I'm just devastated and I can't type well through these tears. Will share more thoughts later when I'm more composed.
    D

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Thank you T...I agree with Michelle....you said it all so well and like Deanne, I just really can't bring myself to talk right now, but to say thank you for letting us know. Ei

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Criminentlies, I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I read this earlier and it went right over my head. How awful and what a loss for all of us.

Sue

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Wise and witty to the end in her communications to me. She so enjoyed the window to the world that our Idyll threads offered her with births, travel, illnesses, beauty, weddings, pain and sharing of all kinds. It would please her I am sure that we continue as before being our special selves.

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

After I first read this I went and looked through her albums at the pictures of her enchanted place. She'll be missed. T, thanks for letting us know.

• yeonasky
    17 years ago

My condolences to those who knew who her, and to her family. I see that her loss is felt deeply. The words and pictures tell it all.

Yeona

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

What a sad sad report to find when I got home! Although I am not surprised, I am very sad. I only wish I could have met her face to face, and to have been a comfort to her. I will always treasure the time she was 'with' us. Thank goodness I do have her albums bookmarked, and pics in my documents that I have saved.

Marian

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What a sad loss - her life and spirit touched so many. I kept hoping she might find a way to return to the Idylls for the occasional post. I feel my life was enriched through knowing her but am deeply saddened by her passing. I would love to see her albums one more time - Marian would you mind emailing the link to me?

Thank you T for sharing with us in such a thoughtful and considerate way.

Mary

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Mary, I can't find a way to e-mail that. Since this does not disclose any information,I hope this will be safisfactory:

• wendy2
    17 years ago

My thoughts and prayers to her family. She will be missed here; her posts always had such an air of peace and serenity. She was like a wisewoman, watching over all of us.

T, thanks for sharing the sad news with us, it must have been difficult to find a fitting tribute to her - you said it well.

• honey_mi
    17 years ago

Oh what awful, sad news. T, she also asked me not to say anything. I knew she hasn't been well for quite some time, but was hoping she had it beat. Please send my condolences to her family. I'm sending them out to all of you all thru tears as well. She was such a special lady and will be missed.

Honey

17 years ago

Such a lovely lady... and so talented - thanks for posting that link Marian - I hadn't seen some of the stuff on there. I had missed her posts and wondered where she was. T. - you said it all so eloquently

• just_t
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. The site that was shared above belongs to someone else, but not to our friend.

It has been a difficult time since I found out this news. I did not feel it was my place to share the information until I had permission from the family which I did not get until this morning. I cannot tell you how often I wanted to go to the phone or to the computer to share my heartache with others who, I knew, would want to know.

I cannot stay at the computer right now and my free time is very limited for the next few days, but I did want to correct the information about the link. This link was shared by our friend at one time, but it is not her work nor her site.

My best to all...
    T.

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

I am rather amazed that I can feel so sad at the loss of one that I never met except on the forums. I said before that I wish that I "could have been a comfort to her" , but in retrospect, I do not believe she needed any comfort. She was a very wise and serene lady. What I really wish, is that I had all the posts that she posted with advice to me. I found that the only pic that I have of her is the sihouette of her, in her youth, on the coast.
    All of the family pics have been removed from her PT albums, as well as those of friends, of her home, and of the Cherokee celebrations that she loved...such a loss...but apparently her choice.
    Yes, T , you did say it eloquently, and beautifully. Thank you. And thanks to the dear daughter for letting us be informed. I hope she will know how much she is missed by her cyber friends.
    Marian

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

It appears that I have boo booed ..again! As I said, there is no information on the link that should cause any problems. If anyone thinks there is, I can ask the administration to delete it.

• just_t
    17 years ago

Just popped in again.......Marian you did nothing wrong and the link is filled with lovely photos so please do not worry a moment about it!! :)

T.

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

T, are you saying none of these creations are hers? Now I am even sadder that I did not save her pics that she posted! She was always posting pics of things she had made. Does no one have these pics?

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

It took me a few minutes to figure out who T was refering to. I am greatly saddened. She is someone I will always remember. I can only hope to know the serenity that she did. Norma

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marian - My recollection is that our friend shared those with us, and that they are the work of either a friend or a family member, perhaps her niece.

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Mary, I just clicked on the bookmarked link in order to either delete it, or change it's name, and discovered it IS her nieces! My word, I think I need to button my mouth, I just keep making such dumb mistakes! I really really do think I am losing it! I'm sorry.........

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

T, you were quite eloquent in sharing the sad news; our friend would be quite proud of you. She was a private person but she could say so much with few words and I always have and always will admire her spirit. I hope her family knows how much she touched our lives.

At the first Idyllunion in Michigan, she sent some gifts to share with all of us. I'll always remember those moments when her package was opened and I realized how much we all meant to her.

I made a sweetgrass braid this summer; a rather pathetic first try, but I will feel her spirit with me when I burn it.

Thanks for all you shared with us, friend, and I hope to meet you some day.

V.

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

I find myself wishing that we could all be together this evening, just to talk, reminisce and comfort each other. Oh and to raise a toast to our friend.

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

The feeling I have is so deep-it hurts to lose someone so giving and beautiful;someone who cherished life and saw beauty in the world. The insight she had and her ability to see the positive side of things was what I admired deeply. She taught me. She made me smile & even laugh. I'm struck by the realization that I have never actually physically met my friend yet the sense of loss is so great. I wish her family comfort and peace.

Eden I was thinking the same thing-I wish we could all talk freely about all our memories of her and just be all together.

Mary's idyll title has an even deeper meaning now.

Thanks T for letting us know. I'm glad that you were able to be aware of the happiness your grandbabies gave her!

I'm thinking of all my idyll friends tonight...

~Babs

• gardeningmary
    Original Author
    17 years ago

V - I was remembering those gifts too and wondered if anyone had any photos of them.

I agree - this is when I feel the distance and wish we could be together.

Mary

• taryn
    17 years ago

T, thank you for your email, and your very thoughtful words here. I've been very emotional all day at this sad news, and have been looking over photos she sent me and remembering her wise and encouraging words. But am glad her long struggle is over and she's at peace.

Marian, please don't be upset--you've done nothing wrong. Of course I thought of her when I said on my house thread the Agastache 'Pink Pop' came from her seeds originally, and to think of her when you admired it. That was the day she passed. Makes your photo even more precious. I only have a few seeds left, from 2 years ago and will hope they sprout and cherish those plants in my garden in years to come. If successful I'll save seed for anyone who wants some, so we could all think of her, like "friends in the garden", when we see them? Maybe you could try to get some too Marian? I think she would have liked that.

She always encouraged, never judged, and always saw the good in everyone, and their highest potential. I know she is in an Enchanted Place now, but a light has gone out in this one...

Taryn

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

I admired her very much. She was the epitome of wisdom, tolerance, acceptance, kindness. A true appreciation for all of lifes gifts, the big and the small, always came across in her words here and always filled me with a sense of serenity and certainty. I didnt know her as well or as long as most of you, but I feel privileged to have had the chance to get to know her, to have shared our moments. I was reminded today of the beautiful poem her granddaughter wrote and how it moved me and I remember how tickled she was to know that I had read her granddaughter's poem and enjoyed it so much. Her pride and love for her family was always evident. Whenever I think of her, I see that picture of her lounging on her purple chair, a noble, serene, peace-filled, wise smile on her face...I will always think of her that way....

I too wish we could all be together right now...

And Marian...Taryn & T are right...please don't feel bad. Your heart is filled with love as are your actions...we know that. Hugs Marian. I'm so glad that you have that picture to remember her...it was a beautiful picture.

Hugs to all...

Ei

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area