Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skyler's Camp Highlights

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 9:49

Imagine a whole week away from family with no electronic devices...and loving it!!!

Sarah arranged for Skyler to overnight in the camp's only teepee with several other boys.

Caulder the cat greeted us at the camp reunion:

Ivy thought Caulder was terrific!

Lots of campy signage:
No Plush Flushes (I thought of Chelone humor)

A beautiful location, though Skyler was not impressed by 7am Polar bear Swimming.

There's always singing at summer camp and Skyler learned a few songs. I think this is a great aspect of camp, whether the songs are silly, gross, or serious. We sang "Skyler, Skyler, Sing us a song or we won't shut up!" a million times before he succumbed. :)

The Zip Line experience was the purpose of the camp. Skyler loved it! Dad on the other hand is nervous about heights!

And he's off, showing off his backwards take off!

Dad was told he had to try too, and he did!

It was a great day for all, with Skyler the center of attention- just the way he likes things. ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skyler's Camp Highlights

The most striking picture was the one where Sarah looks so much like you!

o

The teepee would be a great way to camp! Kudos to Sarah for pulling that off - I'm sure it's an experience that won't be forgotten :)

Saucy

o

A treat I'm sure for Skylar to be away from the negatives in his life. Thumbs up for brave Dad !

o

I would cast a wary eye on the zip line, too. (still holding out for a jolly jumper).

o

It looks like Ivy wasn't too sure about the zip line either.

Camp appears like it was a great experience for Skylar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here