Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Happy, moving and memorable

gardenbug
17 years ago

I took very few photos of my DD's wedding because I was never free to do so! Here I offer you a few from moments leading up to the beautiful outdoor ceremony. I will add more as they dribble in. :)

Here you see our miracle grandson with DH. He should not be alive after heart failure and the failure of other organs in infancy. Now 7, he brings joy to the world at every moment. (He'll often sneak in sign language to tell secrets!)

{{gwi:179019}}

{{gwi:179020}}

Friend Lynn begins the floral hairpiece for the bride.

{{gwi:179021}}

Some of the flowers were grown by DD for the occasion.

{{gwi:179022}}

Many of the farm paths are lined with the bicycles collected over the years. The groom is one of six children.

{{gwi:179023}}

A new outhouse was dug and decorated for the camping guests. DS is the hero. What a gift!

{{gwi:179025}}

The landscape of Alberta to sleep in!

{{gwi:179026}}

The honeymoon cottage is a sort of museum:

{{gwi:179027}}

{{gwi:179028}}

An old painting by the groom.

{{gwi:179029}}

Lynn and I (mostly Lynn) made ribbon decorated posts to float in the breeze. These defined the outdoor ceremony area. Flowers decorated the tops of the dowels. It was sensational! After the ceremony people carried them to the barn area and waved them high and sang.

{{gwi:179030}}

The bride's bouquet was made with 'green' roses, hypericum, hydrangea, lisianthus and wax flowers.

{{gwi:179031}}

Their poet friend gave a poem as a gift and read it for all. :)

{{gwi:179032}}

Lynn's gorgeous wreath marked the spot where everyone rejoiced after the ceremony.

{{gwi:179034}}

There was so much more. I hope to share some of it with you as the photos arrive.

Comments (27)

• chelone
    17 years ago

What a lovely site/sight! I'm amazed at the size and scope of the vista you posted of Alberta... nothin' like our piddly 10-20 acre fields here in Maine.

I love the kitchen stove and the collection of scissors rivals my own, lol.

When are we going to get to see the blushing bride and the groom, 'bug?

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Chelone, I hope very soon! Probably after the canoe and horseback riding adventures that were planned. The photographer is a friend and has already checked out about half of the photos and given his stamp of approval.

• deanneart
    17 years ago

OH wow!! Looks like it was memorable and wonderful. What a great start to their life together as a married couple.
    Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

What a fun wedding! Lynn did a fabulous job with the flowers and the pictures of the new grampa and grandson are just precious.

Michelle

• saucydog
    17 years ago

What a beautiful occasion! I wish your daughter and son-in-law many years of happiness!

Your grandson is a peach :)

It sounds like it was an absolutely wonderful time, glad you are sharing.

Saucy

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This is the only shot I can share of the happy couple for now. It was taken before the ceremony, as guests were arriving. Rest assured there'll be more photos when possible.

{{gwi:179036}}

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Marie, these pictures are wonderful. Remember how initially nervous you were about the whole thing? Looks like it all worked out perfect. How great too that Lynn was able to join in the festivities and lend her creativity. I look forward to seeing more.

Sue

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

It looks like it was a wonderful event. Your grandson's smile is so full of love and joy, it's truly amazing. (And your DH looks pretty darned happy, too.)

What a treat to see some of Lynn's floral talents. I loved the wreath. I'm wondering if I can fly Lynn in to do my DD's wedding (if and when that day comes, of course!)

Thanks so much for sharing! You brightened the end of a tough day.

V.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

V, Lynn made promises to DD's friend to help out should she need her in the future. :) First she hopes to light a bomb under her daughter's boyfriend's derriere and get a wedding going there! Her daughter and mine were friends years ago, both 30 and have the same first name. In old photos, my DH can't tell them apart!
    Lynn's genius is suiting the flowers to the mood the bride wants in her heart.

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

GB, what a unique experience their wedding was. I wish them that kind of happiness forever. How great that new grandson survived such a rough start in life and is now part of your family. Your SIL looks like a pleasant man.
    Looking forward to more pictures. Norma

• martieinct
    17 years ago

Wow, Marie. I can feel the mood in the pictures. Everything looks beautiful and I love that this wedding was so obviously "theirs."

More, please!

Martie

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

What a lovely wedding setting! And what a happy time! The new grandson is so cute and looks very fun-loving. The SIL is a likeable-looking man. I am looking forward to more pics, of people,of scenes, and of Charlotte. :-)

• just_t
    17 years ago

I, too, was struck by the happy expressions on both your husband & grandson's faces. Sheer enjoyment and happiness etched on both.

It sounds like it was a lovely time and I enjoyed the photos a lot. Thank you for sharing this special time.

T.

• grrlsmom_z5il
    17 years ago

Your grandson is beautiful and looks so happy! Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous pics. Love that bouquet.

• yeonasky
    17 years ago

Thanks for sharing this wonderful event. I love the touches of their characters in the bikes lining the path. Beautiful flowers and beautiful miracle GS. Looking forward to more pics. Congrats to everyone!

Yeona

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

I think your title sums the event perfectly and how lovely to get a glimpse at such a special event. Lynn's flowers are simply perfect. I hope you will get to see lots of your "new" grandson. It looks as though he has already bonded with Grandpa. Did you decide what he might call you? I'll look forward to more of the photos. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Mary

• honey_mi
    17 years ago

Oh Marie, what a lovely, unique and special wedding! I, too, am in love with that bouquet and all the floral touches! Lynn is truly talented.

Your DH and GS are really handsome dudes and it's easy to see they're comfortable w/each other and enjoying themselves.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more pix especially of the happy couple.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

At last a few photos are being sent! I thought you might like this one.
    {{gwi:179038}}

And though not a bum shot, this might amuse you too. It was a VERY hot day and DSIL had to remove his jacket.
    {{gwi:179040}}

And doing the happy dance- after the service.

"I come here today to set you free,
    Free to sing and dance as you will,
    And free to know that you will always find acceptance in my eyes"

{{gwi:179041}}

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

These are beautiful pictures Marie. That's one sweet grandson you have for yourselves now! He and his dad look to definitely be keepers, lol! What a special event it was with wonderful memories created. Lynn outdid herself with the flowers. Not only does the bride look beautiful but so does the bride's mother!

Eden

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Getting a licking on the camping trip.
    {{gwi:179042}}

Another licking. DD wearing her wedding crown on her hat.
    {{gwi:179044}}

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

I agree Eden. Marie looks beautiful as well as the bride. Everyone just looks like they are having fun. What more could you ask. Norma

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Wow, Marie, the pictures just keep getting better and better. What a happy start for a new family. Keep 'em coming!

Sue

• deanneart
    17 years ago

How fantastic! Everyone looks wonderful and sooooo... happy! Love these new photos.

Deanne

• just_t
    17 years ago

What a happy time it looks to have been!! Thank you for sharing your photos & your very special family time with us.

T.

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Looks like everyone had a jolly good time!! Thanks for sharing such a joyful event - your whole outlook for holiday affairs has now changed, right? LOL.

-Cindy

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Cindy, I certainly understand more completely why T didn't make it to IU3!
    I do hope that Ei returns here in time to share her joyous event too! Which reminds me, perhaps I'll have a ring shot to share soon too?

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

You all sure know how to have fun. I love it! Marie you look wonderful. Your outfit looks like the perfect choice. Thanks for including us in the fun.

Michelle

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?