Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Sept1 Farm Report

gardenbug
14 years ago

(My photos decided they could be loaded today. I don't have any idea what was wrong.)

These are some of the things blooming at the moment. They look much better as close-ups than as overall views I'm afraid.

From the 'flats'-

{{gwi:179045}}

Acanthus

{{gwi:179047}}

Bergamot

{{gwi:179048}}

Hydrangea Kyushu

{{gwi:179049}}

Ligularia

{{gwi:179050}}

Pink clematis still going strong

{{gwi:179052}}

Clematis Romantika still blooming too.

{{gwi:179054}}

Tricyrtis

{{gwi:179055}}

Back toward the house...

Sedum 'Citrus Twist' with a dark berberis

{{gwi:179056}}

A struggling apple tree performs.

{{gwi:179181}}

Anemonopsis Macrophylla blooms. (A plant I coveted from a Michigan Idyllunion years ago)

{{gwi:179183}}

Asters think it is Fall already

{{gwi:179184}}

Clematis still perform:

Tiny Campaniflora

{{gwi:179186}}

and Gravetye Beauty,

{{gwi:179189}}

Sinee Plamia

{{gwi:179193}}

Venosa Violacea

and giant Betty Corning.

A front view with phlox.

Toward the barn you see..

Hydrangea Limelight

Tall pink phlox

Also tall Echinacea.

Ironweed

Subtle phlox with grasses-

Rusty coloured rudbeckias

Sedum with variegated wallflowers

Maybe more another day. :)

PS: Here the compost project continues. Today I seeded the grass after sinking the stones.

Comments (12)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The progress in the compost area...
    {{gwi:179208}}

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Looking good Bug, I want one of everthing LOL especially the rudbeckias. Your plants just look so much better than mine with your cooler climate. I have been doing stone work and grass seed here too. Norma

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Looks wonderful Bug! You still have lots of things blooming now. I really love Ironweed and need to find a place for some here. It's such a great color. Thanks for sharing these.

Deanne

• saucydog
    14 years ago

I've always wanted the acanthus "bear's breeches" - mostly because of the name :) All of your flowers are great and a reminder of all the things I want :)

Your new compost area looks nice! Very hard work going on there!

Saucy

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Gee, some of that looks awfully familiar! :-) Those rusty rudbeckias are particularly appealing. As it Betty of course....

• jak1
    14 years ago

All of the plants look wonderful I want them all. But I really covet the stepping stones to the compost!!!!

Julie

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Julie, I was thinking the same thing...lol. What a lot you have blooming still. Our garden is not looking so great right now. Not that much going on. Love every photo. :-) Wondering what that nice hosta is in photo#1. Is that some kind of bug on the right side of that Bergamont photo? Citrus twist is so nice and white for a sedum, will it turn pink? The apples look good enough to eat. Beautiful Anemonopsis. Wondering what the name of that aster is? And I do really love those pavers to the compost bins. Thanks!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, I can't help with the hosta or aster names. Yes, that looks like a Daddy Long Legs in the Bergamot picture. I see insects only after i take photos most of the time. I see a tiny white spider in the Acanthus shot as well. (on the right hand side of the bloom)

Citrus Twist is actually a pale yellow flowering sedum. Never turns pink. The apples are finished now. Nothing like fresh apples from the tree! (or fresh anything from the garden! asparagus, tomatoes, herbs, etc.)

I'll try for a shot of the updated pavers tomorrow. I watered in the seed this evening. This afternoon a friend and I spray painted a circle for the area I'll be planting reeds and grasses in for Reed. I won't need to buy any, there's lots right here that have expanded over time. Sarah is pleased with this new idea too. Phoebe had a play date with Morgan:
    {{gwi:179209}}

At 8:30 it was already dark here. :(

• saucydog
    14 years ago

I wonder what Morgan is telling Phoebe? It looks very important and secret :)

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Looks like lots of wonderful color still going on at your place, 'bug, even if Fall is approaching.... I love that sedum citrus twist and it's now on my wish list -- getting ever too long to count, LOL. I didnt get much rebloom from my clems - yours remind me of this... maybe w/ cooler weather?

I just lost that sedum and variegated wallflower combo!

-cindy

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Fabu 'bug! I wish I had more time to comment ..have enjoyed them all

Kathy in Napa

• denisez10
    14 years ago

How'd I miss this thread? I'll take the clems, the two dogs, and the Citrus Twist sedum ;) It's all beautiful. I remember the anemonopsis from the Siskiyou Rare Plants catalogue years ago, and actually attempting to grow one on an apartment balcony...Compost project seems well under control, and what nice pavers too.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!