Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glimpses of Fall

Posted by saucydog z5MA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 14:28

Sarah and I got out to enjoy the beautiful weather that we've been having. She asked to drive by her preschool and so on the way, I stopped at all the favorite places that she liked when she was in that preschool:

We stopped to see the funny cows with belts:

And then we drove by one of our favorite barns:

and to the Willard Clock museum:

Then we were off to Tufts University (this is one of the barns...not the actual university - the whole campus is beautiful!)

but the Llamas didn't like us to take their pictures:

Then we headed over to our destination for a walk:

And we saw.....

Honeybees:

Perfect acorns:

Berries:

Lichen:

As well as "The Queen of the Mountain!"

And every Queen needs a castle of sorts - this is a monument in the cemetary that borders the old mental hospital. The kids and I stumbled on it a couple of years ago when they put a new road in. It was overgrown and mysterious.

Someone has come in and cleaned it all up, and the numbered grave markers are evident now:

That was a fun day for us! I hope you enjoy.

Saucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glimpses of Fall

Oh I DID! I pondered "construction hay" and wonder if that is what DD hopes to use for building at the North Country Fair. And then I remembered that DD called those cows "Oreo Cookie Cows".

I've not seen all black llamas before.

The Queen of the Mountain is lovely and her castle is still mysterious to me. It must have stories to tell!

What a beautiful day! Have you ever tried growing an acorn?

'bug

o

What a wonderful day you had. My kids also called that type of cows "Oreo cows" The grave marker reminds me of the diamond shaped stone I noticed on the lawn at work today. They had removed some old trees and I'm wondering if this was unearthed. Written on it was "Kitty lies here RIP"

I love the berries, lichen, barn and of course the Queen and her castle.

Thanks for the great pictures.

Michelle

o

How wonderful Saucy! Lovely pics of your beautiful fall day. So happy you shared these with us! Love them all but that tower is fabu!

Deanne

o

Nice photos Saucy, and that tower is very cool looking. Is there anything inside ? The Queen appears triumphant-as all queens should be after surveying ones kingdom ..Thanks for the tour .

Kathy in Napa

o

Strange... I'm sure I posted here but it's not there now... I particularly liked the tower and the Queen of the Mountain.

o

You took some great shots, Saucy. Love the one of Sarah, great sweatshirt!! Great old stone structure. Looks like the two of you had a wonderful day. :-)

o

Wished I was in the backseat on this tour. Nice to see the Queen of the Mountain wears sensible shoes, lol.

Thanks, Saucy, for taking us along. Autumn drives like this are the best!

o

Lovely trip and how Sarah has grown. She is beautiful! Do take us along on others.

Mary

o

Oh, what a perfect day! I love all the details and the Queen is lovely and obviously quite powerful! I miss those sorts of explorations-DS turns 30 this November!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here