Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Friday at the Farm

gardenbug
16 years ago

It is cloudy, windy and cool here. I decided to see what colour remains out there to share with you. Nothing lush, but quite a few autumn blooms to be seen.

Here are some Jerusalem artichokes which try to take over the area of the barn near the pond.

{{gwi:179839}}

Near the bridge are some grasses and agastache.

{{gwi:179843}}
{{gwi:179844}}

By the patio, more grasses and Verbena bonariensis.

{{gwi:179845}}

By the barn, Kiss Me Over The garden Gate,

{{gwi:179846}}
Malva

{{gwi:179847}}
Salvia

{{gwi:179848}}
Rudbeckia

{{gwi:179849}}
Viburnum berries,

{{gwi:179850}}
and Euonymus europus.

{{gwi:179851}}

The vegetable garden is pretty much empty now. Here's the gate.

{{gwi:179853}}
A few remaining peppers,

{{gwi:179856}}
Garlic Chives,

{{gwi:179858}}
Raspberries,

{{gwi:179861}}
and a few flowers like these Prairie Sun Rudbeckia that return sometimes for another year.

{{gwi:179864}}
Rose Mortime Sackler grows inside the gates as well:

{{gwi:179867}}
A few Clematis Fairy Dust blooms are lingering.

{{gwi:179869}}

Outside the fence, Crocus Rose has a few blooms,

{{gwi:179871}}

and Anemones Honorine Joubert have begun blooming too.

{{gwi:179872}}

Near the garage, Rose Astrid Lindgren has a few more pink blooms to enjoy.

{{gwi:179873}}
The monkshood began blooming recently too.

{{gwi:179874}}

In front of the house, my new coreopsis is finally blooming.

{{gwi:179875}}

A yellow gaillardia too.

{{gwi:179876}}
This year the Japanese anemones 'Charlotte' are prolific.

{{gwi:179880}}
Finally, the textures of the stachys and berberis combination decorate a stretch in the very front of the house.

{{gwi:179882}}

The colours are quite subtle but there is a bit of red sumach around to add some red colour.

Comments (8)

• deanneart
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Everything is simply gorgeous Bug!!!! Reminds me of our visit last year. It's about the same time of the year. One of these years I'm going to get some Verbena bonariensis. Thanks for sharing.
    Deanne

• chelone
    16 years ago

So pretty... fun to see some familiar plants at a more advanced stage than here!

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

So many pretty flowers!Only a few of them can be found here. My Agastaches have not done well this year. Hopefully they will reseed and prosper next year. I've had no rose or clematis blooms for at least 2 months. I have lots of Garlic Chives...:-) , and one volunteer Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate. ( I potted it.) I used to have that type of malva, but they were a no show this year. Instead of blue Verbena I have gobs of Eupatorium coelestinum, Mist Flower aka Wild Ageratum. It is spreading all over the place, but is easy to pull, and does make a lovely blue sight.

Marian

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Its amazing how much is blooming so nicely at the end of September. More ideas for fall bloomers for me. Funny but I no longer have malva in my garden, it just faded away, but it grow around my compost piles. The new coreopsis is pretty cool.

Michelle

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

I think it's fitting that the 'Charlotte' anemones are doing so well this year, yes?

Just beautiful, 'bug. Mortimer has been on my list and it's good to know that it will bloom this late.

Thank you!

Martie

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Your garden is like mood music GB :) And happy that the Anemone Charlotte is prolific this year.

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Marie, you've still got so much blooming there on the farm! What a peaceful and picture perfect place to live. You've given me ideas for a few things to add to my gardens next year.

Eden

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Marie, your garden is beautiful all year round. Like Deanne the pictures remind me of the time we visited last year...it was mid September I think. Lots of fun that weekend...

Sue