Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini IU - David's garden

Posted by michelle_zone4 zone 4 NW IA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 16:54

As I mentioned before, it was getting dark and with all the mature trees, I didn't get a lot of great pictures of David's marvelous garden, but here are few. Needless to say the garden was fabulous. They made trip to PA to get some of Inta's garden art which you can see in some of the pictures. The pond is a fairly new addition. As you can imagine, lots of interesting plants and great design. The setting which I understand some of you have seen is wonderful as well. Of course there was wine, good stuff to eat, a dog and cat to round off the gathering in Idyll style.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini IU - David's garden

Michelle, David has a welcoming garden. I love the addition of the pond and Intas sculptures. So happy you got to see it in person. Maybe he will pop in and show us some more pictures of it. Yoo hoo, David!.

Norma

o

Oh dear, I need a map. I can't picture where the pond is situated!

I'm kicking myself for not getting that exact table and chair set last year for our patio. I really wanted it but let DH dissuade me...

It certainly looks like the guys have been busy and David's touch is evident.

o

They certainly have been busy!!!

Yes, GB, a map would be useful.

David, come give us a tour! It's hard to imagine that this is the place where we all tramped through the woods to see where the future garden would be...what 7 years ago?

Time flies!

Thanks for sharing with us, Michelle! I'll bet it was fun to see in person.

Saucy

o

Fabulous! wonderful pics Michelle! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these.

Deanne

o

The first 3 shots are all behind the house. The 4th is looking up from the street. See where the mulch ends on the left and there is a grass path, just a little way down that path is the pond. So it is in the front of the house. In the last picture you can see just a bit of the neighbor's house. There was just so much to see that I could have spent hours perusing it.

o

Thanks Michelle. Even with the low light, you still captured some amazing photos. David, your garden is so beautiful. Come join us please, and show more pictures.

o

Fantastic - I can see David's hand with plants and the wonderful hardscaping have worked magic. I love seeing Inta's sculptures feature in so many Idyll gardens. I agree - more, more...

Mary

o

Wonderful to see what the guys have been up to. There seem to be mental pictures lurking around the dusty corners of my mind of the property before anything was done. Great accomplishments! Pop in and give us the low-down, David. Of course, more pictures :)
Brenda

o

I love that driveway entrance, especially since we don't have much frontage, that is always something on the top of my wish list. [g] Great job on the pond. It's a nice size. Thanks for the photos!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here