Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Fuchsias

Posted by deanneart z5Southern NH (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 07 at 19:39

And here are yet a few more photographs of the fuchsias currently blooming here. This Dark Eyes and Southgate have been blooming beautifully all summer without a break.

This white fuchsia has just a hint of pink blush in the blossoms. I unfortunately do not have a name for this as it was an el cheapo at HD a couple years ago.

This unusual variety is called Bicentennial and has a wonderful coral splash on the corollas.

Falklands

Mrs. Lovell Swisher

Hope you enjoyed the show and I wish you could all come and see them in person!

Deanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Fuchsias

Enjoyed it thoroughly Deanne!!!!

I'll be right over!
'bug

o

Beautiful Deanne, all of them. I love that Dark Eyes. Just curious, how many varieties do you think you have?

Eden

o

Grand Coulee and Hoover Dam! What gorgeous photos and flowers!

How I wished I had your talent with fuschias and with the camera! Beautiful!

o

...I had 'Swingtime'...once...I killed it~lol.

Thanks for posting your fuchsia pics,Deanne~I enjoyed the first postings(on the other thread) too : )

Your pics are so cool~I find myself really being drawn into the pics with those backdrops being almost as interesting as the main focus of the pic! very neat.

~Babs

o

Exquisite photos as always Deanne ! I had a white that looks a bit like yours that passed away due to the mite, it was called 'Feather Duster'. There is another white called 'Sleigh Bells' that I think is more elongated.I have always loved the little rounded buds on Dark Lady. Mine looks pathetic this year.
Thanks for sharing these !

Kathy in Napa

o

Ooooohhh, Deanne...thanks for sharing! Such pretty flowers and excellent photography. Just lovely!

o

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. You are the master of manipulating depth of field and capturing their beauty. How many varieties do you have?

Mary

o

They are all lovely but I especially like the last one its so elegant looking.

Michelle

o

Deanne, my fuchsias are packing their bags and coming to live with you for the winter...lol.

Sue

o

Gorgeous photos of gorgeous plants. I always had enormous healthy hanging fuschias on the porch when I live in NH (I'm sure I only imagine they were as beautiful as Deanne's.)Although I knew they didn't like humidity, I had to try them my first summer here. Total disaster except for gartenmeister which is more tolerant. I really miss those beautiful plants, and completely enjoyed your wonderful collection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here