Nope. Not quite. Soon though, soon.

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I'm waiting!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Hi Julie....

If you are having trouble posting photos, I always use

www.Tinypic.com which is a service that makes it easy to post a photo. You don't have to store your photos on their site, you can just convert individual photos to a code that you can post into the body of your post.

It is another option any way.

:-)

• jak1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I have managed to get my most recent photos into Photobucket....I have added titles to a few of them.....o.k. I'll try Tinypic....We'll see.

You guys must be the most patient people on earth!

• jak1
    Original Author
    15 years ago
  • gardenbug
    15 years ago

Aw shucks....

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Hi Julie....

If you are having trouble posting photos, I always use

www.Tinypic.com which is a service that makes it easy to post a photo. You don't have to store your photos on their site, you can just convert individual photos to a code that you can post into the body of your post.

It is another option any way.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Oops! Sorry, I was distracted with something else I had on my computer desktop...lol. I'm off to bed...good luck Julie, really looking forward to photos, I'll check back in the morning.

pm2

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Julie, I use Photobucket, but am by no means an expert. Click on the picture in Photobucket to enlarge it, then right click, then click on Properties, highlight the address or URL, right click and copy it. Then paste that into your post and add at then end. Hopefully that helps.

Michelle

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Julie, you want the image URL from the Photobucket website. I have never used their site, but I'm guessing there is that option as there is on Picturetrail's site.

If not, get the picture by itself on a screen (I'm guessing by clicking on it in photobucket?) and then copy the URL from the address box in your browser....

Display the image in the message itself using formatting codes (an html image "tag").

Type (img src=" file location and name") in the body of the message.

Where there are parenthesis, replace them with a ""....in between the quotes, put your photo url. If you can't see the photo in the message preview, then you have not been successful :) Be mindful of extra spaces within the quotes.

The link I posted has a little bit of everything....you'll have to scroll down a bit to find the way you're trying to insert a picture into the GWeb text.

I wish I could come over and show you :)

Saucy

Here is a link that might be useful: Posting Photos on GardenWeb

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Soldier on Julie, you will prevail !

You want to copy and paste the HTML code .

This is what I did for this photo...

{{gwi:155749}}

I also re-sized to thier message board size...

Kathy in Napa

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

No tips for Julie, I'm afraid. I am no expert....but I just had to pop in and say Ohh La LA Kathy...What a beauty...now I *know* that has to be a DA, but which one? What a color!

Ei

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Eileen, it's Evelyn ! Ain't she purty ???

And she smells divine !

Kathy in Napa

• jak1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:180930}}

• jak1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My handsome doggy!

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Yay Julie !! I knew you could do it.. and a handsome fellow indeed.

Kathy in Napa

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Good for you Julie! One of the former Idyll menbers walked me through posting. She preferred Picture Trail, and it is the one I still use. That is a great pic of your doggy. I look forward to pics of your garden.

Marian

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Hmmm....Julie's walls are suspiciously Idyll Green!

Saucy

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Ajax sure has grown! Does he still fit in Adrian's bed?

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Fantastic! LOL the first picture is a pet - fits right in here. Now we need to see gardens - no pressure ;o)

Michelle

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

HURRAH!!!!!!! A handsome guy indeed. :)

JErri

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Glad to see you succeeded in posting photos Julie...very cute little fella. I will have to avoid showing the photo to my DD as she has been wanting one for awhile. [g] Looking forward to seeing more...

pm2

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Horray Julie!

• chelone
    15 years ago

Go, Julie, go!

It took me years to finally do it. NO kidding. (like, ummm... duh... )

:) (Boston Terrier?)