Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elora Sunday hike...

Posted by deanneart z5Southern NH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 21, 06 at 20:49

I've been waiting for Sue to post her photographs of our visit at the farm. I think we wound up taking many of the same photos of the same subject matter from the same angles. I don't think she took pics in Elora on Sunday though so I thought I'd post a few more photos from our weekend. Fortunately we didn't have to go very far (Doug was pretty tired of driving by the time we got to Maries on Saturday and we were facing an 11 hour drive on Monday) to see a couple lovely gardens right in Elora that Marie had arranged for us to see. These houses were right on the river and were simply wonderful.

Before lunch we walked down to this lovely old mill where I snapped these. The morning glories were fabulous.

After lunch we took a quick drive to the Elora Gorge where we had a great walkabout. What a scenic location!

Walking off our lunch

Here we are at one of the overlooks

Now here are a couple of great guys! Two of the finest garden tolerant husbands around.

Ive got a million more but I think this is enough to tell this tale for now.

Deanne

PS Well, maybe not a million but certainly a few hundred. LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elora Sunday hike...

Allright, allright, I'll post some pics of Marie's but on a separate message heading. BTW, what sort of bad joke did you tell us in that morning glory picture? lol

Sue

o

How did I miss this? Thank you Deanne for posting these wonderful pics! I love that pic of Sue, Mary & Bug. What a cute, expressive smile on your face Bug...and Oh my...what a show those morning glories make! I also love them on the arbor with that beautiful island of pink next to them...you can actually "feel" the movement of the garden here...lovely!

Well everything is as lovely and astounding as I imagined it to be, but after seeing all these great pics I'm even more sad that I wasn't able to see it in person...someday!

I *love* all the pics of Elora Gorge Deanne! You are such a *wonderful* photographer. And the pic of the "most garden tolerant men" is great! They don't look like they were suffering much though! :-)

Thanks Deanne & Bug for sharing these!

Ei

o

Thank you , thank you, Deanne ! These are great! I too espacially like the 3 gals by the morningglories! Just what 'did' you say to them. Marie's expression says a lot, as well as Sue's! I'm not too sure about Mary's ? I am envious of the Morningglories. Mine finally started growing, then the deer found them. :-(

The Gorge reminds me of scenes in our area. Lovely!

Marian

o

It looks like the weather was wonderful for your visit. The private gardens appear to be very nice and the gorge is fabulous. What a fun time you all must have had.

Michelle

o

The private garden is so welcoming and the gorge is astounding. I truly enjoy those kind of places. Feel free to add more pictures any time. hint hint. Norma

o

Love seeing the lovely laughing Idyllers amongst the morning glories. I can almost hear the laughter as clearly as I see the vibrant color of those morning glories. If you hired a film guy with sound to follow you around we could hear what joke was said. Hint hint, to borrow Norma's phrase. :) I'd help pay and even pay admission for that show. :)))

Thanks Deanne. I second and third the vote for more pics please. :)

Yeona

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here