Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Friday in Mary's Garden

deanneart
17 years ago

I wish you all could have come to see MaryÂs wonderful gardens. She had the most fantastic mix of annuals and perennials and loads of fabu-fabu containers. What a treat!

IÂm in love with this double datura and have got to find one next year.

{{gwi:181204}}

And this purple one is fantastic, I think I need this one too! LOL

{{gwi:181206}}

Look at these fantastic combinations

{{gwi:181208}}

{{gwi:181209}}

{{gwi:181210}}

If hadnÂt been taking a few things home for Sue I might have tried to Âsneak this one into the car. This passion flower vine container is splendid.

{{gwi:181211}}

What a treat is was for me to visit with Mary and tour her lovely gardens.

Deanne

PS the food was out of this world too!

Comments (9)

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

The colour! Would you look at the combinations and the coleus! I'll be down there for sure, but maybe not in winter Mary...

And you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal
    If you've ever navigated on the Erie Canal.

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Thanks Sue for sharing these! You're garden are lovely Mary...just as I knew they would be! I *love* that agastache with the Red Baron's grass. And that Salvia, sedum? parthenium pic is such a wonderful combination of texture and color! Is that Salvia argentea? Would love to grow some maypops too. My elderly neighbor has the hardy one and had shared a piece with me once, but it didn't make it. Maybe when I give her a cutting of my Brugmansia I can beg another piece of her maypops! I *love* the color of yours....is it fragrant? I hope someday I get the chance to visit your beautiful garden Mary. From these pics I can tell it is as joyful, insightful, and free-spirited as the lovely gardener who created it...a very personal garden...my favorite kind!

Thanks again for sharing Mary & Sue.

Ei

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Mary's gardens are BEAUTIFUL and you did a great job ( naturally ) of photoing them. The 'full' look is what I strive for, but mine is just a hodge podge, and hers is planted with thought. I wish I had the native passion flower. I attempted to transplant one to this place, but it didn't take. They grew in the fence row where we lived before moving up here.
    Thank you for sharing these pics.

Marian

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

I just knew Mary would have fabulous gardens! I love the passion flower vine and is that 'Little Honey' next to it? I just love chartruese in the garden, what great foliage combinations she has. Thanks Deanne!

Michelle

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Wonderful combinations, Mary. You've been "hiding" your light!!

--Cindy

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Mary it's so nice to see more of your gardens! Thanks Deanne for getting pics to share here.
    So I know yu are a seed starter-are most of these plants from you seeding? Either way I do love your combos-that variegated sedum is nice. I like your use of purples and red and bits of yellow green foliage. I hope someday I can see it in person....hey what about MARY's place for IU4...lolol; )

~Babs

• martieinct
    17 years ago

What great gardens! Lots of ideas clicking around in this head ....

For Deanne -- Datura is A-1 simple to start from seed. I've never had luck transplanting it from a bought plant, but my transplanted seedlings have become close to invasive. You shouldn't have trouble finding one!!

Martie

• yeonasky
    17 years ago

Wonderful gardens, beautifully photographed, what a fabulous sight for these Idyllthirsty eyes.

Thanks Mary for the gardens and Deanne for photographing them.

Yeona

• just_t
    17 years ago

Mary, your gardens are lovely as I knew they would be. Lush and lovely plants, beautiful colors.

Thank you Deanne for sharing the photos.