Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday in Mary's Garden

Posted by deanneart z5Southern NH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 21, 06 at 20:58

I wish you all could have come to see Marys wonderful gardens. She had the most fantastic mix of annuals and perennials and loads of fabu-fabu containers. What a treat!

Im in love with this double datura and have got to find one next year.

And this purple one is fantastic, I think I need this one too! LOL

Look at these fantastic combinations

If hadnt been taking a few things home for Sue I might have tried to sneak this one into the car. This passion flower vine container is splendid.

What a treat is was for me to visit with Mary and tour her lovely gardens.

Deanne

PS the food was out of this world too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday in Mary's Garden

The colour! Would you look at the combinations and the coleus! I'll be down there for sure, but maybe not in winter Mary...

And you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal
If you've ever navigated on the Erie Canal.

o

Thanks Sue for sharing these! You're garden are lovely Mary...just as I knew they would be! I *love* that agastache with the Red Baron's grass. And that Salvia, sedum? parthenium pic is such a wonderful combination of texture and color! Is that Salvia argentea? Would love to grow some maypops too. My elderly neighbor has the hardy one and had shared a piece with me once, but it didn't make it. Maybe when I give her a cutting of my Brugmansia I can beg another piece of her maypops! I *love* the color of yours....is it fragrant? I hope someday I get the chance to visit your beautiful garden Mary. From these pics I can tell it is as joyful, insightful, and free-spirited as the lovely gardener who created it...a very personal garden...my favorite kind!

Thanks again for sharing Mary & Sue.

Ei

o

Mary's gardens are BEAUTIFUL and you did a great job ( naturally ) of photoing them. The 'full' look is what I strive for, but mine is just a hodge podge, and hers is planted with thought. I wish I had the native passion flower. I attempted to transplant one to this place, but it didn't take. They grew in the fence row where we lived before moving up here.
Thank you for sharing these pics.

Marian

o

I just knew Mary would have fabulous gardens! I love the passion flower vine and is that 'Little Honey' next to it? I just love chartruese in the garden, what great foliage combinations she has. Thanks Deanne!

Michelle

o

Wonderful combinations, Mary. You've been "hiding" your light!!

--Cindy

o

Mary it's so nice to see more of your gardens! Thanks Deanne for getting pics to share here.
So I know yu are a seed starter-are most of these plants from you seeding? Either way I do love your combos-that variegated sedum is nice. I like your use of purples and red and bits of yellow green foliage. I hope someday I can see it in person....hey what about MARY's place for IU4...lolol; )

~Babs

o

What great gardens! Lots of ideas clicking around in this head ....

For Deanne -- Datura is A-1 simple to start from seed. I've never had luck transplanting it from a bought plant, but my transplanted seedlings have become close to invasive. You shouldn't have trouble finding one!!

Martie

o

Wonderful gardens, beautifully photographed, what a fabulous sight for these Idyllthirsty eyes.

Thanks Mary for the gardens and Deanne for photographing them.

Yeona

o

Mary, your gardens are lovely as I knew they would be. Lush and lovely plants, beautiful colors.

Thank you Deanne for sharing the photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here