Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
September Fuchsias

Posted by deanneart z5Southern NH (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 07 at 21:36

The fuchsias are just incredible here right now. They loved those cold nights we had last week and they are all blooming prolifically. Thought youd all enjoy some photos of these dancing ladies in their ruffled skirts.

The Beacon Rosa standard is the best its ever been right now. Hopefully Ill get it through another winter and that trunk will just continue to get larger and gain more character as time goes by.

Another four year plant

And some close-up photographs of these lovely pink blossoms

This Swingtime is two years old and I actually had it planted in this same urn last summer. It amazes me how much larger the second year plants get.

This is a new plant to me this year called Christina. I love its very frilly, double flowers and upright habit.

OK I have quite a few more but I think Ill save them for another day!

Deanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: September Fuchsias

Deanne, my jaw has dropped to my computer desk! Those are incredible. The standard is just as cool as it gets and the flowers do look like pink ballerinas. You certainly have the touch.

Michelle

o

Wonderful Deanne ! Christina reminds me a bit of Winston Churchill-I love that color combo. I just dup up my Swingtime this spring, last winter was just too much and it was suffering from gall mite to boot.Thanks for these wonderful pics !
Kathy in Napa

o

One Word: Amazing

Martie

o

W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are amazing, Deanne.

o

Unbelievably beautiful Deanne! And after trying to grow and overwinter these plants myself, I'm even more in awe. Christina especially is a beauty. Not only are you the brug queen but the queen of fuchsias too:)

Eden

o

I dub thee, Standard Bearer of the Idylls, Deanne!

-c

o

Beautiful fuchsias Deanne and beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing the photos.

T.

o

One more ego stroke.

How the hell do you deal with all the watering, Deanne? clearly, you have a lot more time for that foolishness than do I!

But I'll drool over your results, missy!

o

There you go again, even managing to improve on last year!
OK, I'm jealous, but I can't take on one more thing!!! So I'll leave the Queen title all to you. You deserve it! Also the photography title....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here