Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini IU - Part I

Posted by michelle_zone4 zone 4 NW IA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 23:04

We were greeted by Missy when we arrived. Honey and Tom were fabulous and we had such a great time.
Photobucket

Honey's garden is fabulous. I loved the way it backed up to a pond.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had lunch at Henry Ford's estate. There were gardens to see there as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to Greenfield Village - a creation of Henry Ford. Honey's brother works there so he gave us a personal tour and his lovely wife came along as well. Of course there were gardens to see there also. The first 2 shots were a cottage he had dismantled and brought over from England. The 3rd shot was Rick and Tom moving the roundhouse at the train station. The last shot was our model T ride. Honey, Tom and their SIL were in this one.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll add more later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini IU - Part I

(Waving furiously to all our MI friends!!!!)

What a great trip, Michelle! I can't wait to see more!

Saucy

o

How FABULOUS!!!! Looks like you all had a great time. So wonderful to see Honey and Tom! Thanks for taking the time to post these photos. Love them all,

Deanne

o

So nice to see everyone, Missy included! DH loves the Model T. (He had a Model A growing up.)

o

What a fun trip, Michelle -- gardens and friends for you, trains and cars for the men, lol. Thank so much for posting these.

o

How great to get pics and news of the Honey tribe-including the all important Missy shot too ! Looks like everyone is having fun , and Honeys gardens look fabu ! Can't wait to see more pics- I hope you told her we miss her ! Thanks for sharing your trip with us ..

Kathy in Napa

o

What fun Michelle. Honeys front landscaping has really matured. It all looks great. Good to see Missy all grown up too.
Looks like everyone enjoyed the Henry Ford place. How Nice that you had a personal tour guide.

You know, I feel well traveled this summer and I haven't even left home. Idylls are the best for sharing trips.

Norma

o

Wow, what a great surprise to see this thread! Honey's gardens look marvelous, and great to see everyone's face :) Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

o

Michelle....glad you were able to get to visit with Idyllers. Not sure how far Honey and Tom are from you. I remember Missy! Such a beautiful dog. Honey and Tom's garden is so roomy and neat. Love that angel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here