Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drema_dianne

Happy Belated Birthdays

drema_dianne
17 years ago

Hi Birthday gals! I wanted to let you all know that your birthdays weren't forgotten!

Wendy!- this plant attracts butterflys all day long, more so than any other I have seen in my garden. They just sort of roost there. I am saving the seeds.

{{gwi:182140}}

Eileen!I know you like roses, so I picked this for you!

{{gwi:182141}}

V! Something very natural for you.. I don't know that you would find it in a prairie, but thought that you would like it!

{{gwi:182143}}

Deanne! Not even close to your combos, but I'm working on it. You are always inspiring!

{{gwi:182144}}

Norma! I know you have a lot of shade, and this looked like one you would enjoy. I just got this pot, actually two of them, and I love it.

{{gwi:182145}}

Bug! I tried to find something that has a fall flavor for you. These hydrangeas are putting on their fall wardrobe.

{{gwi:182146}}

I hope you all enjoy the pictures, .... uuuh did I forget someone? If so someone send me an email.. please

D.

Comments (8)

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Drema, I'm glad there were so many birthdays so that I could enjoy so many pictures from your garden. I am curious as to what the 1st and 3rd pictures are.

Michelle

• drema_dianne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Michelle:

The first one is a Mexican Sunflower. I got the seeds from Renee's seeds. I would be happy to send you some of them if you like, just let me know. It has a lot of foliage, is about 6 feet tall, and the flowers are kind of small. The size of a smaller zinnia. The other one you asked about is a Cardoon Cynara Cardulculus. I took that picture at the Botanical Garden here.

D.

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

For #3 I would have guessed artichoke...which happens to be Cynara, so at least I was in the right family!
    I'm with Michelle, loved them all. And hey, stick around Drema!

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Thanks Drema, What great photos! Your hydrangeas are looking particularly lovely. And your Monarda! Ooo la la. I can't grow it as it is always covered with mildew here.

Deanne

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Hi Drema! What a great collection of pictures! How nice to get glipses of everybody's garden here now and then. It looks like your lacecaps did well this year. Mine did too so I decided to set my self up for major disappointment and planted three more. Stop by more often.

Sue

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

How nice that you put so much thought into your selections for each of us Drema. The potted coleus really carried my garden this year because we were so dry here. I like your new container. Norma

• wendy2
    17 years ago

Drema, thank you for the pics. How did you get "my" butterfly to stay still for you? I love the new pot - looks like an antique.

-Wendy

• drema_dianne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am glad you guys liked the pics. Wendy, I didn't really have to do anything to the butterfly. As soon as this plant flowered, they were just all over it. Even when I got up close they didn't move. The flowers are kind of small and the foliage is big and tall. Probably 6 feet tall.

Bug, you are too good on the plant ID:) I didn't know a cynara was an artichoke, but now that you mention it, it sure looks like one.

I got the green pot at Lowe's. It was marked down to 8.99, so I got two.

Deanne, my mondarda does eventually get mildewy, but I can't help it, I really like it, and it likes my yard. Plus the hummingbirds come every year, and I don't have to fill up my hummingbird feeder.. which I ususally don't get to.

D.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES