Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

Slowing down but not out yet!

Things are definitely on the down side of the garden season but fall is just begining. Only the ash tree has fall color here and is starting to lose leaves. The pots of Golden Forest Grass in the patio bench were emptied - the grasses planted down under the pines near the shed - earlier in the week. The pots are washed and ready to go into the shed for the winter. The big pot of elephant ears on the patio will remain out for another couple of weeks yet.

{{gwi:182878}}

Hydrangeas are some of my favorite plants because many of them just keep going and going...

Blushing Bride:

{{gwi:182879}}

Little Lamb:

{{gwi:182880}}

Little Lamb with White Moth:

{{gwi:182881}}

The angel roses hips are coloring nicely now and they're still flowering too:

{{gwi:182882}}

We had a huge crop of highbush cranberries this year. (I suspect heavy pruning of the shrubs will be needed in the spring because they are so bowed down under the weight of the fruit that I doubt they'll stand up straight again!) The berries that are hanging over the white mums are making a nice picture together at the moment. Those mums came from a neighbour and are the only ones I've ever been able to grow successfully in the ground as a long-lived perennial.

{{gwi:182883}}

Comments (3)