Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slowing down but not out yet!

Posted by woodyoak 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 14:02

Things are definitely on the down side of the garden season but fall is just begining. Only the ash tree has fall color here and is starting to lose leaves. The pots of Golden Forest Grass in the patio bench were emptied - the grasses planted down under the pines near the shed - earlier in the week. The pots are washed and ready to go into the shed for the winter. The big pot of elephant ears on the patio will remain out for another couple of weeks yet.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Hydrangeas are some of my favorite plants because many of them just keep going and going...

Blushing Bride:

Little Lamb:

Little Lamb with White Moth:

The angel roses hips are coloring nicely now and they're still flowering too:

We had a huge crop of highbush cranberries this year. (I suspect heavy pruning of the shrubs will be needed in the spring because they are so bowed down under the weight of the fruit that I doubt they'll stand up straight again!) The berries that are hanging over the white mums are making a nice picture together at the moment. Those mums came from a neighbour and are the only ones I've ever been able to grow successfully in the ground as a long-lived perennial.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slowing down but not out yet!

I agree about Hydrangeas. I have a friend in Oregon who can grow varieties I've never even seem here...

o

Woody, things are looking great in your garden yet. I agree about the hydrangeas too. They really give a good 3 seasons of interest.

o

My Hydrangeas are done for here Woody, I think no rain for 4 months or so does them in. I'm not good at providing supplemental irrigation to shrubs, instead I focus on the perennials and the containers. Love those berries !

Kathy in Napa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here