Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Some Trip Highlights by Nana

gardenbug
14 years ago

The major project during my visit was the removal of old grey carpeting and the installation of the new hardwood floor. My job was to help with food and baby care.

Here you see the guys working at removing rug staples and preparing for the laying down of the new wood.

{{gwi:182884}}

And here is an after shot.

{{gwi:182885}}

Chief Chekota was visiting and helped with the job at times.

{{gwi:182886}}

DSIL needed to admire the renovation and play cribbage at the same time. I made dinner this time so they could relax.

{{gwi:182887}}

Personally I could have done without the snow, but Ivy looked smashing in her new boots.

{{gwi:182888}}

Here she waits for Mom's skates to be sharpened.

{{gwi:182889}}

DD enjoyed her new co-ed hockey team and Skyler liked cheering her on and finding pucks under the stands.

{{gwi:182890}}

Skyler got new (to him) skates and was pleased about that!

{{gwi:182891}}

Here is Skyler on his way home from school. A boy and his dog...

{{gwi:182892}}

Back home the pineapple lily is doing so well, especially since DD thought it was a lost cause and nearly pitched it!

{{gwi:182894}}

The garden potatoes, carrots and beets were harvested in the snow for our Thanksgiving meal!

{{gwi:182896}}

A new aquarium was set up.

{{gwi:182898}}

Ivy really enjoys her music class. In the car, a tape of her verses and songs is the only thing that will soothe her.

{{gwi:182900}}

{{gwi:182901}}

A favourite verse.

{{gwi:182902}}

Out to a special Chinese dinner.

{{gwi:182903}}

With Grandma Jean

{{gwi:182904}}

Miss Ivy likes to eat too:

Snap peas:

{{gwi:182905}}

Asparagus:

{{gwi:182906}}

Her giraffe:

{{gwi:182907}}

Her Mom's chin!

{{gwi:182908}}

She is proficient at pulling hair and of course is practicing the long reach.

{{gwi:182912}}

Big brother just loves her

{{gwi:182914}}

but still must do chores, like wiping off the table.

{{gwi:182917}}

That's more than enough I guess... but it was plenty of fun for all.

Comments (14)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Both DD and Ivy are looking good! I love Ivy's big alert eyes! It looks like a fun and productive time was had by all...

• chelone
    14 years ago

The time must've just flown by, 'bug. I know you had a delightful time and I'll bet returning to the Farm was hard. You have a handsome and loving family that's obviously full of energy and a desire to be happy. It's so nice to see forward looking activity; proof positive that hope lives on.

Just the sort of thing I need to see these days. Thanks! I wonder if Ivy is dextrous enough to get the tip of the asparagus into a nostril? nah... probably not quite yet.

(you have to tell me the story behind those dining room chairs, though!)

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Ok Nana, where are the grumpy baby pics ?

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

The best-looking Ivy I've ever seen! Looks like a great trip that could have lasted twice as long.

V.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chelone, here's the story: DSIL has spent lots of time in India, Thailand and Australia. He loves travel and food too. So he and DD eat out a good bit at Indian and Thai restaurants. One Indian restaurant was selling off their chairs because the waiters were catching their jackets on the chair ornamentation. DSIL bought some of the chairs at a special price because he liked them...and their price.

Kathy, here's the only photo I can find to share. Ivy is not amused at being confined to a high chair for Thanksgiving dinner and is throwing a fit.

{{gwi:182920}}

Yes V, twice as long would have been nice for me, but I think it might have been excessive for them. I know my father nearly died when his in-laws spent just one week with us. There's always Christmas coming up though!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

Aww, beautiful Ivy! Her boots match the hat from Nana!

The floor looks great! It'll be so much nicer under the table, especially with kids :)

Christmas will be here before you know it...

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Ivy has to be the smiliest baby I've ever seen! great pics
    Bug!

Deanne

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

A lovely montage of a sweet visit, 'bug -- I see Ivy developing very much her own "face" and vibes -- Im sure you're already counting the days til Xmas, LOL...

-Cindy

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Marie, that is amazing what a difference the floor made. Everyone looks cozy playing cribbage. I haven't played that in years and forget how. [g] In that photo of Ivy in her boots, I could swear she is actually mugging it up for the camera...lol. Glad DD is able to get back to hockey. It will be good for her mental health. :-) I've never seen a pineapple lily, that is wonderful. Is is a houseplant? My favorite photos are Skyler with the dog and Skyler with Ivy around his neck. He really is a very handsome boy. I can only imagine what a wonderful time you had and if you get to see them all again by Christmas, that will be wonderful too. That will leave you just enough time to get your garden put to bed for the winter and get ready for Christmas. :-) I'm sorry, my brain just got stuck on wonderful today.[g] It's that time of day when the brain cells are on empty.

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

It looks like a wonderful week. I'm envious. You certainly were busy. What fun!

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

A beautiful job on the floor, and great pics of a happy family. Ivy just gets cuter and cuter.

• candy_j
    14 years ago

That's a wonderful pictoral of your visit!

• anitamo
    14 years ago

You tell the best photo stories! What a lovely trip you had, as shown by all the smiling faces. I love Ivy's look of delight in the one with G. Jean. Did Ivy just spot Nana Marie?!

• flowerluvr
    14 years ago

I agree with Anita, Marie. You do tell the best photo stories. A visit to 'Bugs family is always a treat. Thanks for sharing :)
    Brenda