Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

Between a Laugh and a Tear :)

flowerluvr
15 years ago

I spent a lot of the week after vacation in limbo..waiting to hear what was going on with DB, waiting to start farming, etc. I did a lot of twiddling with my skydive video. When I look at it in context with DB's situation, it seems kinda tear-jerky, but I hope it makes you laugh. I'm starting to think I was supposed to jump out of a plane this summer, because there's no way I can look at the sky and not smile...and who knew I'd need the smiles so much this fall??

For those who don't spend much time on YouTube, I find it works best to just turn the sound down, let the video play through, then click the replay button. It eliminates the hitches and jerks.

Thanks for being the Idylls

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Second Skydive

Comments (14)

• saucydog
    15 years ago

I see that you pulled the chute this time, Brenda!!! That is fun to watch.

They look like a great group to jump with :)

Saucy

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Oh Brenda..... I'm so glad you got this second one!
    You've had quite the summer girl!

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

That definitely looks like you're having a high time there :-)

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Dear Brenda...another senior moment for me.:-(
    I had read the news about your family via e-mail, and I am ashamed to say...I forgot to tell you how sorry I am . Then I made that boo boo about "postpartum" being why you are down. Forgive me for seeming so unfeeling.
    I pray that you will recieve strength to bear all the bad news. And I pray for your brother and for the young couple.

Thank goodness you do have the memories and the videos of your fun in the sky.

Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Marian

• wendy2
    15 years ago

Brenda, I love watching these videos and seeing the pure joy on your face. I think you really were "Born to Fly"!

You go girl!!

• jak1
    15 years ago

Hi Brenda. Let me echo Marian's thoughts for your sad times and everyone else's congratulations on your jump and video. I couldn't say these things any better!

Prayers for you and your family....

Julie

• chelone
    15 years ago

What a nice memory to have, and I love that it's the first thing you think of when you look up at the sky. But I think my favorite part is the smile that takes over your face when you realize "you're being watched" while awaiting your turn to jump. Just great!

We're resourceful beings, we humanoids. There will be strength and joy aplenty to help you through the hard times. Even if it doesn't feel that way right now. ((Hang tough)).

• deanneart
    15 years ago

YOu rock and roll Brenda. What fabulous memories.
    Deanne

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Brenda...glad you have these videos to play over and over again. It really is a great memory and who has too many of those? [g] Did you actually do the editing? Whoever did it, did a great job!

pm2

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

Brenda, you go girl! Life is such an adventure. It's fun watching your dive, you are so brave.
    I love enjoying the thrill without having to be shoved out of a plane! LOL

Jerri

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks once again, for entertaining my obsession!!

Saucy, Yep, I pulled this time! I did, however, forget to wave off Kenny, my camera guy. Guess I have to do it again, lol! Jeff, my Tandem Instructor told me that if all I ever want to do is tandem jumps, come on over and he'll go with me any time. He's just a sweetie, and his parents should be proud of him. If I was 20 years younger and a couple hundred miles closer........ ;)

Oh, Marian, don't give that a thought! I didn't. I know me, and I've probably put my foot in my mouth more than once on here. I knew you weren't being insensitive :)

Chelone, while you might not want to jump out of a plane, you would LOVE it over there. It is the land of bathroom humor and just plain, raw joy for life. Plus, you and I would have a grand time sitting at the picnic tables making inappropriate remarks while we wait. The jump is a very short portion of the whole experience :) Oh, and on the landing, my first comment was, "Man, I have a wedgie like you would NOT believe!" The wedgie and the grass stain on my hinder were spectacular. Go figure, the grass stain came out in the wash. I was hoping to keep it as a badge of honor.

PM2- Yep, that was my first effort at video editing. The next to last picture is Kenny. You would not believe this guy. We were there several hours early, just to hang out, and I never saw that man walk from one place to another. He'd land, get his video on the ground, gather up his chute and run to the hangar. They gave him another rig and a helmet with an empty camera and off he'd go again. He got a few seconds for a smoke break and just LOOKED like the kind of day he was having. But, when he was with someone he was on his game. His photography skills just blow me away. There's only about a minute of free fall and he has to get to us, get positioned and all that. Amazing! The fade in to the sunset was accidental, but I love the way it worked out. That picture is one I took on the balcony at the hotel in St. Ignace. That's Mackinaw Island in the distance.

I had the boys sign the back of my shirt again. Kenny especially liked the "Don't worry, be groovy" guy. Any time the Idylls want to go on a field trip, let me know. I know people..I'll get ya a good ride :)
    Brenda

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Just think if you had done this when you were 20 you wouldn't have these fabulous videos. Amazing!

Michelle

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Michelle, you make an excellent point, my friend. I wouldn't trade em for anything :)

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Brenda, what a great video. Love the music too. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you're doing ok. You're in my thoughts.

Eden

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County