Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Addendum to Idyll Pet Thread - All About Boo (photo heavy)

Posted by ctlavluvr (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 15:29

We got this precious little creature when he was about five weeks old.

He was rescued from a roach and rat infested apartment, one of six in the third litter an 18 month old momma had. I caught his blue eyes, said hello, he walked over and licked my ankle, and that was it. To answer the major question up front, Rich is absolutely and unabashedly in love!!!!! We knew all along, right???? LOL

Photobucket

Because of his young age and being not well endowed, at first we thought he was a girl. First vet check concluded that he was assuredly a male, so his name had to be changed from Belle in our opinion.....

We named him Boo after a childhood pet and because he looked like this at age 7 weeks:

Photobucket

As the runt of the litter, it appealed to me that he would be small since we have neighbors visit quite often

Photobucket

He just got cuter
Photobucket

Despite gaining weight, he'll always be "small". Here he is nine weeks.

Photobucket

And here he is today, not happy that I woke him up with a flash, and giving me his "back off" look

Photobucket

How fun is it to have a pet again???

Martie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Addendum to Idyll Pet Thread - All About Boo (photo heavy)

Hehehehe on Rich. Yep, we KNEW! They're all heart breakers. So glad he found the right home.

o

Isn't he a cutie?!!

o

I wasn't prepared for his cuteness! He would've come home with me, too :)

Glad Rich is joining the fun of having a kitten in the house.

Saucy
(who thinks it is nice to have your voice here...stick around!)

o

Cats are, well... "the cat's pyjamas".

I learned early on that men who were stupid about cats were men best avoided. ;) Same rule holds for women. :)

It's nice to learn about Boo and how nicely he's managed to fit into the family dynamic. Now I want a kitten, damnit!

o

LOL Chelone.

Martie Boo is adorable. Rescueing them makes them even more special to us doesn't it? Good to hear Rich is enjoying him too.

Norma

o

Aw shucks Martie, what a cute little thing ! We also had a Boo, who we lost last year, he was over 15 as I recall. He was a feral cat found by my DH in the vineyard , and was brought home in his shirt pocket. We named him Boo because the vet estimated his birthdate to be Halloween. I'm so happy for you that you have been able to add a pet to the family at the Park--

Kathy in Napa

o

What a little cutie pie!

o

He is so adorable. How lucky that you've found each other!

o

What's cuter than I kitten I ask you? Martie, he's just adorable and I'm so glad to see that you finally got your wish to have a pet!

Eden

o

Well now, this is as cute as it gets! what a sweetie!
Deanne

o

Oh wow, is he ever cute! Sooo tiny, I bet he's no bigger that a cube of Kleenex :-))

o

Very adorable! It reminds me of a kitten we had when I was small. He was all black and we called him Spooky. [g] Glad for you and Rich that you have a pet in your lives again. Things are looking up. :-)

o

Boo thanks everyone for their Idyllpet greetings, and hopes to someday hunt dustballs, shadows, wayward bits of protein, and other do other fun stuff with the established felines. Canines can stay where they are :-)

Martie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here