Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

October 1st in NH

deanneart
14 years ago

HI all, well we've been spared from a frost yet and I'm amazed at how much is still blooming out there. Hard to believe it is October.

The Tropical Border is still going strong. The 'Charles Grimaldi' must have three hundred buds on it at present. I'm hoping it makes it before the frost comes.

{{gwi:184699}}

{{gwi:184700}}

{{gwi:184701}}

{{gwi:184702}}

{{gwi:184703}}

{{gwi:184704}}

{{gwi:184707}}

The driveway garden still has color

{{gwi:184710}}

{{gwi:184713}}

A few favorite containers

{{gwi:184718}}

{{gwi:184720}}

{{gwi:184722}}

{{gwi:184724}}

{{gwi:184726}}

Soon all will be gone until next spring. Seems hard to believe this summer has come to an end.

Deanne

Comments (6)

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Wow Deanne, it all looks great ! The 'garage pot' is outrageous ! Will you try to overwinter the Papyrus ? Crossing my fingers for the 'grand finale' with Charles- my brug is majestic and bloomless. I think it's a lemon, lol.

Kathy in Napa

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

Deanne, everything looks absolutely amazing! We've had a frost and the containers have been smooshed when covered and several days of strong winds so I'm ready to get rid of them. You look like your weather has cooperated well this year to have such a great display this late in the season.

Michelle

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

How did you do last night, Deanne? We were pretty cool and I haven't been outside yet. I love your Golden Spirit Cotinus. Are you still seeing Hummers, or have they left for warmer digs? What are you going to do with your Banana this year?

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Everything looks great as usual! The cooler temperatures at least must have reduced the time you spend watering all that.... My brug has new buds too - but not as many as yours! I doubt they'll open before frost gets them... and then we still have to decide whether we'll let the plants die or bring them in to keep for next year.

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

The sheer size of everything (living outside in N.E.) is just scifi like, Deanne -- I am stunned by the size and growth and buds -- floriforous doesnt begin to describe it all. Some of the stuff is taller than your house it appears! Wowser..... We need to take up a collection for a neighborhood greenhouse for you, LOL.

Thanks for sharing such incredible Autumn lushness - it's simply breathtaking.

--Cindy

• deanneart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!

Kathy, I won't overwinter the papyrus, they get really buggy and full of spider mites (can you tell I've tried this before?) so that will go to the compost. ~~ RE brug, perhaps I should root a couple cuttings from my 'Charles Grimaldi'? I really is a blooming fool.

PM the Hummingbirds have all left for warmer digs. Right now there are very few birds about and I didn't see any finches for three weeks! ~~ WE still haven't had a frost here but I'm living on borrowed time. I've got to make a stab at getting some of this stuff in this weekend.

Woody, yes, with the cooler temps and a few cloudy days my watering chores have been cut in half.

Cindy, thanks for the kind thoughts re greenhouse! Wouldn't I just love that!

Deanne

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville