Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

A visit to the apple orchard and gramma's garden too

michelle_zone4
17 years ago

DD and Kenzie came for dinner today. Kenzie had a ball exploring Gramma's garden. I just know she's a gardener in the making ;o) This kid is extremely hard to photograph as she doesn't sit still for a second.

My birthday gift from one of my sisters. Its actually like a pinwheel with the green leaves spinning.

{{gwi:184852}}

She walked into this bed and plopped herself down and started exploring.

{{gwi:184853}}

{{gwi:184855}}
{{gwi:184858}}

Exploring the vegetable garden. As you can see by the cannas, frost just nipped at the edges.

{{gwi:184859}}

At the orchard:

She had great fun pulling the apples from the tree.

{{gwi:184860}}
{{gwi:184861}}
{{gwi:184862}}
This is the one I want!

{{gwi:184863}}
Needless to say it was a very fun day.

Michelle

Comments (15)

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Cool Cool Cool! I want a little pumpkin seed just like her...living close by!!!!!

• just_t
    17 years ago

Michelle, she has grown up so much since we've last seen her. What a beautiful little girl she is! She does look very entranced and interested in the plants.

Thank you for sharing this fun day.

T.

• martieinct
    17 years ago

I agree, Michelle, she is a gardener. Noticed that she didn't step on anything and her hands looked like she was thinking "gentle!!!!".

She is gorgeous!

Martie, ever envious of grandmothers :-)

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Oh Michelle, For a subject who is difficult to photograph you've done an outstanding job. All these pics are just marvelous! She is too cute for words. And yes, she definitely looks to be a gardener in the making. Love the apple orchard and pumpkin patch pics. What fun, what fun!
    Thanks for sharing your day with us.
    Deanne

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Oh Michelle, what a sweet little girl you have there. She's just beautiful. I love her big blue eyes. Aren't they so much fun at this age? They're just so excited about learning and exploring life. So great that you were able to spend the day enjoying her. Thanks for posting these pictures. They grow and change so quickly.

Eden

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Such a darling girl ! I love these pics. She reminds me of a little girl I knew years ago...named Marian .....:-)
    My favorite occupation was exploring the great outdoors.
    Thank you for sharing these.

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

A pixie in the Garden!! what a sweetie (obviously carrying on those Beauty Genes in the family). Loverly!!

• chelone
    17 years ago

Ummm... last time I checked Kenzie was little, weenie baby. What did you do with the "real" Kenzie?

;)

(they grow like weeds, huh?)

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Very cute, Michelle, get them started on the gardening path early. Chelone is right though, wasn't she like just born?

Sue

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanne, you don't know how many pictures it took to get some good ones. Unlike plants, just just isn't still.

Chelone, good to hear from you. Yes it does seem like she was just a baby. I started to Idyll when DD was pregnant with her, so I have been here a little over 2 years.

DD was quite funny, she doesn't want Kenzie to pick any of the flowers, but Gramma says go ahead, I have lots. I don't want her to think the garden is off limits.

Do you all have access to Honey Crisp apples? The picture where she is eating the apple and has juice on her shirt tells just how sweet and juicy that type of apple is.

Thanks for looking.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

To cute for words Michelle. I see a photo collage for grammas wall here. I especially like the one of her framed by the apple tree. Norma

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Michelle

I so enjoyed these pictures. I took a similar series when our two were that age at an apple farm and have always loved looking back at them. McKenzie is soooooo adorable! Honey Crisp are a favorite in our household and ones I always look for at the market.

Mary

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

It is difficult for me to get 'normal' pictures of my GDs . The middle one is extra bad at 'posing' in some rediculous shape! :-( I have to catch them when they don't know I'm taking a pic.
    Your pics are so unaffected. I understand how hard it must have been to get so many great ones.They are to be treasured forever. Our little ones grow up so fast. I wish I had had a digital camera when they were smaller. The oldest will be a teenager next month.

'Kenzie is so precious!

Marian

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Oh Michelle!! Kenzie is adorable in every shot. I especially like the one of her fingers in the birdhouse-those eyes are so bright and blue!(she's got her gramma's beautiful eyes: )Thanks for sharing Kenzie's garden fun with us. I think it would be cute to see Kenzie and Bella having a tea party together...

~Babs

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Lovely pictures of an adorable little girl, Michelle! So many keepers I bet you're having a hard time deciding which ones to frame...or are you going to frame them all? :-) Honestly, I thought..."I think I'd frame the 1st one...love the way you captured the wind in her hair", and then I think "I love that smile in the one of her picking the apple" and then,"eating the apple" and then the one where she is framed in the apple tree....LOL! Well, maybe you can do just a wall of sweet Kenzie! :-) All of the pics are winners. Looks like she had a ball too. You are building wonderful memories for her...lucky girl and lucky grandma too! :-)

Thanks Michelle!

Ei