Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just_t

Idyll 237---It is raining inside.....

just_t
18 years ago

So many with water inside where it shouldn't be.....add our names to the list. A fitting under the monster tub in the master bath decided to leak. DH has been doing plumbing after work a couple days trying to reroute the pipes so he can access the area easier.

Those of you with plumbing woes have my sympathy.

T.

Comments (103)

• taryn
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Michelle, sounds like you cleaned up! I'm SOOO glad our Thanksgiving is in October. It seems way too close to Xmas for my liking south of 60...

LOLOLOL Babs! Yes they ARE rather scrumptious now, before they do the "don't shave the facial hair it's bad luck thang"...What's WITH that anyway?

'Bug the other ones were also yummy, though I shouldn't have indulged. White death tasted pretty darned good though.

Gonna see if there are any good movies on now..

Taryn

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Evening all, I'm tired and ready for bed but wanted to pop in quick and tell Taryn that those puds look fantastic.

Bug it is way too early in the season for you to be starting with cabin fever.

Eden and Michelle, thanks!

Jane, glad to hear you captured Holly before she was hurt.

Marian, I didnt know you did your own hybrids of cactus. That is so neat. How many Cactus do you have?

Sue, here is a pic of the brug cutting with is blossom.
    {{gwi:185470}}

Nitey nite,
    Deanne

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

At my request (because I wasn't wearing shoes and didn't like the way she was furiously chowing on something out in the yard) Tom just went out and pulled some dead animal out of Zoe's mouth and tossed it over the back fence-eeeuuuu. Now she's back out there looking for it...lol...unless you're Chelone, you gotta love dogs.

Deanne, only you can display a brug cutting so artfully. All my cuttings are crammed in old glasses and are not looking so good. I need a greenhouse.

String cheese, Babs? I'll be right over. Actually I've been having it daily, either with my whole grain toast for breakfast or in the afternoon with my apple. I'd better stock up for T-day though because the neices and nephews like to snack on it. After they leave I find the wrappers all over the place.

This will be day three of irritated, scratchy throat. Keep your fingers crossed that is doesn't turn into a full blown cold or we'll be eating mac and cheese for Thanksgiving in a dirty house. I rarely get sick so the odds are in my favor.

Have fun on your outing today Marie. It looks like it will be a great weather day here-sunny and in the 50s F. Too bad I won't be able to enjoy most of it. At least the meeting we're having includes lunch. So far November hasn't been so bad but it usually isn't. The two months that I have trouble dealing with are January and February but even they seem to go by fast lately. We made our vacation plans for March already. Utah here we come.

Taryn, I have no idea what's in a yorkshire pudding but it sure looks good. Tom came home from Dunkin Donuts this morning with a donut because it was free. Actually the kid who waited on him told him the coffee was free too...sounds odd but he wasn't going to argue.

Enjoy the day!

Sue

• Mary_NY6
    18 years ago

Hi everyone

Despite the busy day when a Brit sees a nice batch of Yorkshire puds we have to comment. Deeeelicious Taryn!!

I'm about to brave the crowds and buy the Thanksgiving bird so wish me luck!

Sending thoughts for Sassy, good wishes to all - amazing Brug Deanne! and hope to be back soon as it's a two day week for me.

I'm hoping Cynthia will stop by during the holidays to train both the 4 legged and 2 legged members of our household how to wipe their feet, and maybe how to dispose of their string cheese wrappers when they are done.

Mary

PS - LOVE the singing turkey!!

PPS - Woody, I'm making Panforte today (a dense Italian fruit cake) have you ever made one?

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Did we not ignore the birthday yesterday of someone who hates dogs???

Here's a poor but action packed photo from the morning zoo activities in honour of said super cool lady.

{{gwi:185473}}

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Good morning, everyone! My idea of Holiday tablecloths is to go to the fabric store, look for the 50% off Holiday rounder, and get yards and yards of the least hideous pattern :-) Actually, I've found some pretty cool stuff that way and, with proper placement, one doesn't even need to sew!!! (Sorry, Chelone :)

Being new, didn't realize that Saturday is wine night. Will be better prepped next week and will be sure to have string cheese whenever Sue comes to visit. (music) getting to know you .....

All water problems here are resolved and the sump pump is happily gushing away. DH cracked up when he saw the one I got and then got nervous about the bill. "What bill??? They sold us the wrong one to start with!!!!" LOL

I love Yorkshire pudding but can never get the oven hot enough to make it really Puff. What's you're secret, Taryn?

Michelle and 'bug: Thoughts of hockey are bitter sweet here near Hartford. The city still misses the Whalers after all these years and when Kevin Dineen brought his minor league team to play the Wolfpack you would've thought it was New Years Eve. No kidding, I'm not a die-hard hockey fan but even with all the padding, the view is usually awesome :-)

Deanne: Why is it that some folks get ALL the artful genes?

Off to dig, do a bit of shopping for assigned Thanksgiving food, and then need to talk DS into moving 60# urn to the other side of the house without benefit of motorized cart (DH was a little anxious to get things put away :-(

Martie

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Those kitties look like trouble GB! It took me a minute to figure out that the black in the front is the back of Charlotte's head! Has she ever got her nose swatted for intruding on kitty games?

Jerri - I hope Sassy recovers and is with you for a while yet.

Mary - I haven't tried Panforte. What's it like - dark or light cake? My new part-time helper had originally went to cooking school to be a pastry chef. For our curry cooking day on Wednesday, she wants to bring the dessert for lunch. I'm not sure what it'll be but I told her to make it something not too rich for us middle-aged, diet and cholesterol conscious folk!

Taryn - I've not made Yorkshire Puddings but we're big fans of Popovers - sort of a tall-giant-sized crusty Yorkshire Pudding. Have you made those?

• just_t
    Original Author
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185475}}

Happy Birthday Janie!! :o) Hope you have a wonderful day!

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Well no wonder it seemed bright outside this morning, it was 9:30 when the beasties nudged me awake! I haven't been wearing my watch because of the hand wrist thing, so it wasn't on my night table and I thought it was 7AM on a lovely summer morning :-)

Glad you liked the turkey entertainment Mary! I kept listening to it and decided it was too fun not to share. My dogs don't wipe their feet but find if I wait for behaviors to happen and reinforce it can be fun to train them. That's how Katie learned 'upstairs' too. Monty's still working on that one. He's a gentleman and knows I'm the alpha so expects me to go first.

GB, Who had a birthday yesterday? I have Janie down for today and Marian for tomorrow. Need to find some good cards!

Sue, I was thinking the same thing about Deanne's light table photo - looks like pressed glass vase in use instead of old spaghetti sauce jars. I use blue glasses in different shapes and the kitchen windows for cuttings. It's pretty, but that's because it's a public area. I actually do use only perfectly matched 8" plastic pots on my light tables for germination and transplant into fresh matching 4" pots when the time comes. We all have different needs for order and control :-) Sue, you just need a couple of shop lights somewhere!

Taryn, we call Yorkshire Puddings 'Popovers' in the US. Your's and Mary's name for them is much nicer I think. They do look yummy.

I had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast with my coffee this morning. Time for seconds I think!

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Afternoon all,

Well, Im just in for a bit of lunch then out to do some garden work on this beautiful day.

Cynthia, that turkey card is a crack up!!! For some reason last night the music didnt play. Strange. It was funny without the music just reading the lyrics but when I just watched it again with sound, Im hooting. Thanks for sharing the laughs.

Martie, yep, I agree 100% about bittersweet. Way too invasive. Takes over the planet when it is happy in a wetland. Wisteria does that down south but boy oh boy does it put on a show.

Jerri, thinking of you today. Hope all is well.

Babs, red or white zin?

Michelle, sounds like you really made out great with your shopping trip. I know what you mean about finding long table cloths. My dining room table opens up to 12 feet so I can never find table cloths that fit. I have one old one that came from my Memers that I use for Thanksgiving.

Mary hope you find the perfect bird for Turkey Day. Nice to hear from you. Ive got to get going with my baking and cleaning tomorrow.

Bug, your kitties look like they are having some fun with Charlotte.

OK Ive got to get this posted and get myself in gear and get the fishies out of the pond.

Jane I hope you are having a wonderful day!!! {{gwi:185477}}

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jane !!! And many more !

{{gwi:185479}}

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Oh it is so perfect outdoors today! 62F !

I put down the outdoor dogbeds and an old quilt on patio in the sun and the dogs were in heaven while I mowed leaves in front and started an extension to the front bed. Yes, that bed is just too narrow so I extended with cardboard and then dumped the grass/leaf clippings on it as I mowed. How convenient. Much nicer than that long walk to the compost pile out back. Leaves were thick on the lawn so I'm good to go. No mulch hanging around so that will do it for now. (Did you hear that T? No mulch on top and it will be fine :-)

I want to work in back now chopping gardens and mowing, but dogs just came in with me and are already fast asleep.

Janie I hope you're having a fun day with your Holly girl and the temps are as nice there as they are here.

• taryn
    18 years ago

So, maybe I should have stayed away from the white flour Yorkshire pudding popovers last night. The rash on my face is nearly gone, but I woke up today with my eyes all puffed up. An allergic reaction to something I guess. I look like I went a round or two with Muhummed Ali! The bee-stung look may be hot for lips, but it doesn't do a thing for eyes, trust me on that! I don't have cheekbones anymore! I think what I must have done is rubbed my eyes in the night, and of course my hands were smothered in a very strong prescription cortisone cream for the eczema--one that should be nowhere near the delicate eye area. My body is declaring mutiny methinks!

Shane's buddy Taylor slept over last night and loved the Yorkshires--had never had them. Martie the secret is COLD BATTER, and a 400F oven. My Brit Mummy taught me that one, so I make it ahead and refrigerate for an hour or more. 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour and 1 tsp salt make a dozen. I heat 1 tsp of olive oil (if not enough fat from the roast) in each muffin cup for a few minutes first, before putting 1/4 cup of batter in each one. This is NOT diet food, lol! 1/2 hour and they come out looking like my pic. Going to use up the batter tonight, then back on the diet wagon tomorrow.

The signs are out, the candles are lit, and I've got 70's music playing quietly in the background on the dish. Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" just ended. No small effort to get this place shipshape with my three monsters though. As Sue can vouch for, kids find all kinds of inventive places to hide wrappers, whether cheese string or mega Halloween candy. Took 3 inspections for me to declare their rooms "A-okay" and give them back their skateboards.

And filled a vacuum bag to get this place looking how it should. Today I discovered the cause of the four boys' hysterical giggling last night. Brennen has a large stuffed cow hanging from the ceiling over his moon wall lamp in his bedroom. Seemed like a good idea at the time, cow jumped over the moon theme. When I went to vacuum today there were a trillion little tiny pieces of foam (like shredded foam "peanuts") ALL over the room, the lamp, the wall, the bed, of course the carpet. Seems they thought it would be a blast to use MooMoo like a pinata and were attacking him with hockey sticks while it rained confetti everywhere! Of course they blamed Taylor, because he's no longer here. KIDS!!!

And MEN too!!! I'm SOOO glad DH is gone with the kids to his hockey game, and then is facing the Toyota kids Christmas party with them sans moi! 3,000 employees with spouses and kids and--a total zoo and one I'm happy to miss! I'm already a stress mess! And this year it's at a new venue so the insanity is likely to be exponential. ENNYway, I'm glad he's gone because he's in a really snitty mood today. All I did was ask him if he could turn on the bathroom light when he uses the toilet in the middle of the night, since I am the one, despite my raw hands, who cleans it. A reasonable request I believe. I'm anal about the three bathrooms and the kitchen especially for these open houses. I mean think about it. When you're sitting in the dark on the toilet you can be reasonably certain you're in the right place. When you're standing in the pitch black, it's not as likely your aim will be true now is it? Not that I've tried it, but with my qualifications as bathroom cleaner I can say with authority that the answer is NO! So he's all defensive now, about everything! Hope the party drags on for a while...

Well, it is perfect outside here too! Do you think it would look unprofessional to print up a small sign saying, "If no answer please go around to side gate--I may be in the garden."? I don't care if it is, I'm doing it, it's gorgeous out there! And I have to find something blooming for Jane. Happy Birthday Jane! Be back later with a card.
    Gonna print my sign up and get outside!

Taryn

• taryn
    18 years ago

I also need an excuse to wear my sunglasses!

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Jane

{{gwi:185481}}

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Jane!!

{{gwi:185482}}

Martie

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Yipee! A Birthday!! Have so few pics so far that selection is few and far between, but ALL know that the thought is there!

Gorgeous here, too. Continued putzing and Rich cleaned out the garage and Guess What!!!!! there's room for some of *my* stuff!!!! He even unearthed my favorite shovel that's been missing since July. Steak for him tonight.

EP: If you don't stop back before your anniversary, Happy Anniversary!!!

Am getting nervous about new job start tomorrow. Got a pity pile pot of mixed African Violets for my office windowsill - east facing - so if things get nuts in the office I can close my eyes and enjoy the view. Next year, it'll be a round Herb garden but I digress.

Happy evening, everyone! And Marian, you'll be proud to know that my Thanksgiving cacti are starting to bloom!!! From your pics I now know that their timing is right :-)

Martie

• chelone
    18 years ago

Happy birthday! Janie.

It was a lovely day today, at least what I saw of it through the windows. I worked in the living room again today. I put the second coat of gloss on the woodwork, put away the "tools of destruction", consolidated that which is to go out kerbside "come mohnin'", and then read for a little while. We put the brackets up that will support the mantel, moved the stove back into position and hooked up the stovepipe. It looks really nice, and I have some shots of it, but nothing that isn't full of the clutter of paint cans, brushes, vacuum cleaner, "trouble light", etc.. I'll try to get a nicer shot tomorrow and then organize the entire stove adventure for you. (Bet you can't wait).

Cleaning... my next hurdle; maybe the helpmeet will vacuum tomorrow. We used string cheese as incentive for Rex to come and sit in front of us on command. I know what you mean about the wrappers being left all around, that made me smile. I have done NOTHING outdoors; but I can't even let myself dwell on that. Sigh.

Louis XV has just died and Louis Auguste has become Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette has become queen. What a miserable life she lead; she was not particularly well educated, though she was an accomplished musician. She was raised to be compliant by a mother who was a classic "battle axe". She was sent to France and married at age 14, and was expected to be little more than a broodmare. What is really quite surprising was how little privacy she had in the course of her life; the most intimate details of her life were the subject of relentless court gossip; including the unwillingness of Louis to perform his husbandly duties for the first few years of their marriage. It's an interesting read; French court society was vastly different from that in England, and Austria, and Spain. Already there has been mention of the dire circumstances of the citizenry, and it's easy to see the pieces of the Revolution falling into place.

I understand how you feel, 'bug. I looked at the clock at it was only 2PM, but already the sun was quite low in the sky and it was very nearly dark by 4:30. And we have another month to go. I have been melancholy today, anyway, for it was on this day 12 years ago that my friend committed suicide. I will feel better about things once I get the house picked up and things don't look so chaotic.

My desk still looks pretty good, though. :)

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

First things first, Happy Birthday Jane, I hope you were able to celebrate the WHOLE weekend long!

{{gwi:185483}}

Today was spent rounding up all the things for the exterior Christmas decorating. I still have to venture into the basement for a few things that are packed away in boxes. Other than that not a whole lot was accomplished around here today. Brad and I went out to lunch and then he had to go to work and I did the pet supplies shopping for the week and picked up a few groceries. The weather was great again, in the 50s. I could live with winters in the 40s and 50s no problem. It's when it gets down into the teens and 20s like it did last week that I start disliking winter.

Marie, I hope you got to get out and have a fun day today and that your cabin fever is now cured.

Martie, I'm hoping that your first day of work goes smoothly tomorrow and that you LOVE your new job.

Cynthia, LOL on the Gloria Gaynor Thanksgiving turkey. That was too cute. I'm going to send in on to a few people.

Taryn, hope you got some good bites on the house today. I've never had yorkshire pudding but yours looked yummy.

Jerri, how's Sassy holding up? And how are you?

Sue, hope the sore throat disappears. My mom would tell you to gargle with salt water.

Deanne, loved the blooming brug cutting. Was the bloom there before you took the cutting?

Michelle, good deal on the Thanksgiving tablecloths. I'm doing a wall in my bedroom of family photos if I ever get it finished. This is embarrassing to admit, but one of Meg's friends is a going to art school for photography and she takes awesome pictures of Bella. OK ready for this, I have 8 8x10s and 9 5x7s of Isabella in my livingroom.

Babs, thanks for your kind words about Meg's jury duty. I'm so not looking forward to taking Bella in for those shots tomorrow morning. Hope you can check in more and let us know what's going on with you. How's Chris' mom adjusting and how are things going with the boys?

Woody, oh to have access to a pastry chef. Lucky you!

Hi Mary, when will Ruth and her family be making their move. Will they be with you for the Thanksgiving holiday?

I've been thinking about Honey the last few days too. Hope she's just busy and she checks in soon.

I've probably forgotten something I wanted to comment on but I'm off to throw something together for my dinner.

Eden

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

From today (it was hard finding color):
    {{gwi:185484}}

• taryn
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANIE!

{{gwi:185486}}

G. 'Rozanne' and Aster frikartii 'Monch' all that are still blooming, but Monique beat me to the Monch! Hope you had a great day!

Taryn

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

Taryn, mine is Aster 'Fanny' (the photo looks bluer than the flower actually is) so you could have posted your 'Monch'. Save it for tomorrow's bday girl :o)

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185489}}

• janie_on
    18 years ago

wheee..I love birthdays...oh, wait a minute..I just got older...

Thanks for all the lovely cards and wishes! They really brightened up my day!

gotta go - Desperate Housewives time..

• taryn
    18 years ago

I'm watching too Janie! That GEORGE!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your day!

Taryn

• babzclare
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185491}}

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JANIE AND MARIAN.

We are going to be busy this coming week so wish all of you a good one. EP

{{gwi:185492}}

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

I thought those looked like popovers. Cold batter, huh? I'll have to try that. I just bought one of the silicone muffin pans so that might help with removal. Always a problem for me.

The excitement for the night was Jaden making a fuss by the barn she could get in the door but was tied. She was barking like crazy. Rick and I went in and could tell she was trying to get something behind some barrels. It was a skunk. It smelled terrible. Hopefully, it has made its way out. Jaden is now locked out of the barn. At least yours was dead Sue ;o)

Eden, LOL on all the pictures. I can tell that you only have 1 grandchild. What would 9 x 17 be? I take so many pictres with the digital camera, that I will have many more of her than my own kids. I love pictures!

Chelone, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project.

Martie, good luck with the new job, I hope it fits you well.

Deanne, the frame on your card is fabulous, it really sets off the roses. I need to look for a program like that.

I think I'll try out a cup of the chocolate raspberry hot cocoa that we picked up at Sam's the other night.

Michelle

• deanneart
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185493}}

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Jane!
    {{gwi:185494}}

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Marian!!!!!

{{gwi:185495}}

Martie

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Marian!!!

{{gwi:185496}}

Eden

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Good morning !

Beautiful BD cards , for me , and for Jane .

Deanne , the beautifully framed Orchids is gorgeous .
    Martie , I love poppies ....wish theyed grow here !
    Eden , the Hibiscus is lovely .
    Thanks all .

Marian (one day older , and deeper in debt ! LOL )

• Full_Bloom
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to a special and wonderful friend...hope the day is as special as you are...Thinking of you and sending happy thoughts... Ei

Sorry the pic is a little dark...this was from last week, before the killing frost:

{{gwi:185497}}

• Full_Bloom
    18 years ago

And the last of the mums for Janie:

{{gwi:185498}}
    Sorry I'm late...hope your day was cheerful and bright and full of fun! :-) Ei

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
    I picked up my camera and walked outside...

OK, Marian, this is for YOU! What a pose!

{{gwi:185499}}

• babzclare
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185500}}

• just_t
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Marian!

{{gwi:185501}}

I wonder if your winning lottery ticket would be in this purse?

• honey_mi
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, Marian!!!

{{gwi:150317}}

I'm back, finally. And what an appropriate idyll to jump back in on. I've just scanned the earlier part of this thread and have a water tale as well. I delayed blowing out the sprinkler system this yr b/c it was such a dry year and I wanted to give everything a good drink before winter sets in. Last Thurs., about 10 am, I heard a jack-hammering sound and thot it was someone working in the neighborhood. Since it was getting louder, I went to check out the basement to make sure the noise was outside. NOT. The water meter was banging and the little dial was just going crazy. I called the city and they said that if the dial was moving it meant some water line was open in the house. I shut off the washer and for the heck of it went outside. OMG -- "Old Faithful" was gushing on the side of the house up over the DR roof! I quickly ran back to the basement and shut the water to the house off. The sprinkler water line froze and broke. The sprinkler guys couldn't work that day b/c it was below freezing so they're due to come out Wed. to fix the system and blow it out. That's about $100 repair bill. Geez Louise! Of course, we had a monsoon the day before this happened and mother nature gave everything a good drink.

The garden is finally put to bed and DH and I are exhausted. Thank goodness he helped me b/c I really overdid it this yr. -- 85 bags of leaves, 60+ bags of pine bark mulch, lots of pruning and trimming and moving plants.

Lots of doom and gloom on the news again today. I'm worried about Janie in Oshua, ON. Hope she and her DH aren't affected by today's news from GM.

I have lots of catchup to do here. Just wanted to say Hi before I read up on y'all.

• honey_mi
    18 years ago

Janie -- Happy Birthday to you, too!

{{gwi:185502}}

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

HI , dear Ei ! Thank you for the beautiful pics of my favorite colors , and the kind thoughts .
    Marie , I love the nuthatch . I should put out a feeder for them , but I have become very bad at forgetting to put seeds in the other feeder . ( 'Oldtimers' is catching up with me ! LOL )
    Babs , I love the white dicentras . Maybe I will add some to one of my beds .
    Yum , Teresa ! Did you make that cake ? Neat !
    WOW ! Honey is back ! Beautiful delphs !

I'm so sorry for your water woes , Honey . I used to do all those leaf bags , too . Most of our leaves have fallen , and the swirling winds have removed a lot of them from the yard into the woods .

Ei , I am extra glad to hear from you , for many reasons , but one is because it jogged my memory to sow the for-get-me-not seeds that you sent me . They are now scattered in 4 differant beds . Surely some will 'take' . I scattered some over the daffodil bulbs that I just planted . Now , I need to figure out a place to plant the lupin seeds ...

Marian

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185503}}
    Happy Birthday Marian!

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Jane!

{{gwi:185505}}

And I hope that this isn't a bad news day for you.

Happy Birthday Marian!

{{gwi:185506}}

I decided that a shot of spring was called for!

My water woes are under control for the moment. A coworker was nice enough to loan me her carpet cleaner, which did a great job in cleaning up the stained carpet. Then we bought a new vacuum cleaner over the weekend so I should have presentable carpets in the future! (We sprang for a Dyson Animal to keep the dog hair under control. I have choked to death a few vacuums trying to keep ahead of the dog hair.)

I'm trying to write a better post in my head but there are too many interruptions! Maybe later, although I suspect that "later" may mean "after Thanksgiving dinner". I'll have three busy days until then. T-day itself will just be four of us, so that's not too bad.

I should say that I had a blast at the Tasetfully Simple party on Friday night. Plenty of wine flowing and a good group of friends to laugh and to share with.

Hope everyone has a good week,

V.

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

V, I'll be waiting on a critique of the Dyson. I've looked at them because I go through on average a vacuum a year with my animals. Oh and what is a Tastefully Simple party?

Eden

• just_t
    Original Author
    18 years ago

What great photos!

Marian, that is a cake that my daughter made for her girlfriend recently. I thought it clever so kept a photo of it. I hope you are having a great day. Oh, I also wanted to mention about your stove. Did you put out the word at church & to your son that you needed a new one? When we 'did' our kitchen here, I had a stove/oven that was working fine but bought new appliances for the new kitchen so we sold my 'perfectly fine' oven/stove for very cheap. You might find someone doing the same, if you get the word out that you are looking for a *good* gently used one.

V, I've had the Dyson Animal (vacuum) for a couple years and think it is the absolutely BEST vacuum that I've ever owned, the best vacuum ever designed and it works just as well today as it did the first day I used it. We have a long haired cat who sheds horribly so I am cleaning out the beater bar brush every time I use it but that doesn't bother me a bit. I don't get excited about housework. I don't get excited about appliances or small machinery but this vacuum is WONDERFUL!! ;oD

Okay, that just reinforces, to me, that I *need* to get a life. Doing that much raving about something that sucks up dirt and hair..........whew! Sad and sorry state of affairs when a woman falls that low. Yep, sad & sorry!

Taryn, what is the word on yesterday's open house?

T.

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

At the dump saturday, a man disposed of TEN large bags of leaves. It costs $1 per bag to dump them. I wonder how many others were doing the same thing. I should have asked him for the leaves and the $10!

This morning I managed to shovel compost on many shrubs, the hellebore garden and an island bed. That should help my back, don't you think?

DH and I are starting colds. Mine is the raw chest, his is the sneeze and wheeze.

Outdoors it looks like March here. It is gray and depressing with branches all over the place that need picking up. I think I'll stay indoors now and try a new recipe for hot and sour soup. That should help clear the sinuses!

V, what's a vacuum? ;-)

Just beautiful photos everyone! I love the tiny clematis of course, but T's purse is a hoot!

How's 'Bella the Ball' doing?

'bug

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

U-li-he-li-s-d tsa-de-ti-ya
    u-li-he-li-s-d tsa-de-ti-ya
    u-li-he-li-s-d u-li-he-li-s-d
    u-li-he-li-s-d tsa-de-ti-ya

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday, happy birthday
    Happy birthday to you

I found this on a Cherokee site on the internet so decided to share with the 'birthday people'. (Wish I could sing it).
    Marian, it's so nice to read of the pleasure you have with your plants. The elements on our stove are replaceable. Have you checked into that? We have replaced some of the top burners. It is 'going on' 20 years of use.
    I have been enjoying scanning our long time favorite family recipes to share with the family members. Also included some recently mentioned on some of the forums and searched for on internet. One is 'Praline Sweet Potato Casserole' that our daughter has used for several years but is also on the internet. Another for baked cranberries which I did yesterday and put into small wide mouth canning jars for transport and serving. Also an apple pie recipe from a 50 year old 'Spry' recipe book including 'water whip' pie crust.
    Crocheted 3 hats this past week. Have a lot of yarn to use so plan to be productive during the winter. Also have other materials to use for 'something'.
    I appreciate the mention of 'happenings from the industrial world' so I can look up the news on the internet to share with family international.. who might not 'have a clue' about what is happening in the USA. We want everyone to be happy and satisfied where ever they have chosen to live and we also try to do the same regarding our choices. It has been very beautiful here this past year. I will put a photo below for a thread ending and our best wishes for everyone. EP

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

{{gwi:185507}}
    A view from the park at the lake shore. Wishing all a beautiful day. EP

• babzclare
    18 years ago

OH Michelle what is that plant????? I LIKE it! It looks like butterflies. Perennial or Annual?

Honey I keep thinking of you wondering if you're OK. Though you're soggy I'm glad you are OK-my heart pounds hearing of a 'geyser' garage roof-high. The second I hear about GM now I think of you two and who you probably know that's been affected: (

I'm a little nervous I just heard about a older man who was attacked at his home,locked in his car trunk and the thugs tried to burglarize the home...in mid morning!!! This happened only a mile away from here. I don't think they caught the people involved,I'm sure they're long gone. Figures Chris has been out of town since Friday. At least he gets home tonight.

~Babs...locking all my doors: (

• taryn
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIAN!

Last blooms, in the greenhouse:
    {{gwi:185508}}

Enjoy your day!

Taryn

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews