Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taryn_gw

Great End-of-Season Bulb Deals!

taryn
17 years ago

Got some fabulous and interesting bulbs lately, and great deals! So had to share.

Check out these lovely Salome daffsarenÂt they are gorgeous colour?

{{gwi:185517}}

And these Giant Darwin Silverstream tulips! The shape and colours are lovely, but the variegated foliage just took my breath away!

{{gwi:185519}}

I bought 10 each of these for about $23.00US with the shipping. Where else (lol) but on Ebay, from seller ffbev. Beverly is very nice, with excellent communication, fast, honest shipping, plump, healthy bulbs. You can see all her stuff on Ebay here at

Bevie's Blooms

But if you donÂt shop on Ebay you can email her (with persmission) at ffbev@yahoo.com and let her know what youÂre interested in as well. Right now she has everything so cheap and is accepting best offers as well to sell her stock so have fun! I plant bulbs as long as I can get a hole in the soil, have even held them over in pots then planted in the mild thaw we usually get in January, with great success. So there is time to take advantage of some great deals yet. I may get more to force for winter colour.

Here are some more beauties I bought from another Ebay seller, 36skittles:

Double Late Tulip ÂLilac PerfectionÂ:

{{gwi:185521}}

Tulip ÂCrème UpstarÂ:

{{gwi:149900}}

Tulip ÂFirst ClassÂ:

{{gwi:147363}}

And these lovely Apricot Parrot Tulips:

{{gwi:185524}}

Lori is a sweetheart, great communication, and when I emailed her saying "I was disappointed IÂd missed the Parrot Tulips auction, do you have more? ThereÂs a few of your goodies IÂd like", she put together a separate auction for me. I got 10 Apricot Parrot Tulips, 10 ÂFirst Class Tulips, 10 ÂCrème Upstar Tulips and 5 Lilac Perfection Tulips for $15.00 plus ACTUAL shipping! She went so far as to refund me $1.65 for shipping she had overestimated slightly! What a great deal, and a great seller! You can see all her goodies here on Ebay:

Lori's Landscapes and Perennials

or email her (again with permission) at lori@hancock.net if you are not an Ebay member.

I am not affiliated with either of these sellers at all, other than being a happy customer who wanted to pass on great deals to other gardeners, especially since the planting window is getting narrower. In both cases I asked if I could Âshare them on Gardenweb, and they both wondered what the 'deal' was. Well there is none, IÂm just a happy to pass on good deals and honest sellers info. (But if you mention my name maybe they'll cut me an even better deal, lol!) Seriously, I told them weÂre a garden group that likes getting together when we can, sharing a lot about ourselves and our gardens, including unusual things and good deals. And with our resident lurker audience hopefully they can get some good deals, Lori and Bev can sell their stock off and everyone will be happy.

Actually there are some other great gadgets and other products IÂve bought on Ebay I may add to this later. It was a 10 cent listing day yesterday, with huge savings for sellers, so you might find great deals on all kinds of things if you look soon. 'Tis the shopping season! But for now, IÂm outta time, and want to get this posted, and my Salome daffies and Silverstream tulips planted. Hope to catch up on Idylls later. Happy shopping!

Taryn

P.S. I nearly called this Late, Great Bulb Deals (refering to late in the season) but that made them sound dead, lol! NOT!!! Hehehe, changed the title so there's no confusion...

P.P.S. will link to this thread on the bulbs forum too.