Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great End-of-Season Bulb Deals!

Posted by taryn S Ontario Z6B (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 9, 06 at 9:45

Got some fabulous and interesting bulbs lately, and great deals! So had to share.

Check out these lovely Salome daffsarent they are gorgeous colour?

And these Giant Darwin Silverstream tulips! The shape and colours are lovely, but the variegated foliage just took my breath away!

I bought 10 each of these for about $23.00US with the shipping. Where else (lol) but on Ebay, from seller ffbev. Beverly is very nice, with excellent communication, fast, honest shipping, plump, healthy bulbs. You can see all her stuff on Ebay here at

Bevie's Blooms

But if you dont shop on Ebay you can email her (with persmission) at ffbev@yahoo.com and let her know what youre interested in as well. Right now she has everything so cheap and is accepting best offers as well to sell her stock so have fun! I plant bulbs as long as I can get a hole in the soil, have even held them over in pots then planted in the mild thaw we usually get in January, with great success. So there is time to take advantage of some great deals yet. I may get more to force for winter colour.

Here are some more beauties I bought from another Ebay seller, 36skittles:

Double Late Tulip Lilac Perfection:

Tulip Crme Upstar:

Tulip First Class:

And these lovely Apricot Parrot Tulips:

Lori is a sweetheart, great communication, and when I emailed her saying "I was disappointed Id missed the Parrot Tulips auction, do you have more? Theres a few of your goodies Id like", she put together a separate auction for me. I got 10 Apricot Parrot Tulips, 10 First Class Tulips, 10 Crme Upstar Tulips and 5 Lilac Perfection Tulips for $15.00 plus ACTUAL shipping! She went so far as to refund me $1.65 for shipping she had overestimated slightly! What a great deal, and a great seller! You can see all her goodies here on Ebay:

Lori's Landscapes and Perennials
or email her (again with permission) at lori@hancock.net if you are not an Ebay member.

I am not affiliated with either of these sellers at all, other than being a happy customer who wanted to pass on great deals to other gardeners, especially since the planting window is getting narrower. In both cases I asked if I could share them on Gardenweb, and they both wondered what the 'deal' was. Well there is none, Im just a happy to pass on good deals and honest sellers info. (But if you mention my name maybe they'll cut me an even better deal, lol!) Seriously, I told them were a garden group that likes getting together when we can, sharing a lot about ourselves and our gardens, including unusual things and good deals. And with our resident lurker audience hopefully they can get some good deals, Lori and Bev can sell their stock off and everyone will be happy.

Actually there are some other great gadgets and other products Ive bought on Ebay I may add to this later. It was a 10 cent listing day yesterday, with huge savings for sellers, so you might find great deals on all kinds of things if you look soon. 'Tis the shopping season! But for now, Im outta time, and want to get this posted, and my Salome daffies and Silverstream tulips planted. Hope to catch up on Idylls later. Happy shopping!

Taryn

P.S. I nearly called this Late, Great Bulb Deals (refering to late in the season) but that made them sound dead, lol! NOT!!! Hehehe, changed the title so there's no confusion...

P.P.S. will link to this thread on the bulbs forum too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great End-of-Season Bulb Deals!

• Posted by taryn S Ontario Z6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 16:33

All done planting for the season? How about some cheap fake fruit for Chelone then, lol!

Taryn

Here is a link that might be useful: fake fruit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here