Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynthia_gw

IDYLL 235: Idyll Amnesty

cynthia_gw
18 years ago

Come back without penalty! Where have you been, we missed you :-)

Comments (100)

• cynthia_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Morning!

I was thinking the same thing as V when I looked at Deanne's horse pictures! You are a strong woman Deanne.

Taryn, I so hope that you get an answer (the best answer) today! The waiting must be unbearable. The buyers sound inexperienced and that may be part of the problem. The agent wants them to buy something so that he can get his commission.

V, if you google New York and Company (I was checking to see if they had on-line store) you will find a coupon for $50 off on $200 purchase in store. $25 off on $100 purchase.

I finished 80% of the neighbor's bathroom last night. Beautiful wallpaper - pale beige artsy nudes with a huge pattern drop that kept me on my toes. Three glasses of wine towards the end made me decide to save the final fussy sink area for late today.

Georgetown people are coming to see Rippie at 4PM and I need to get housework and some outdoor work done between now and then. I've got his paperwork together and need to get his wardrobe and toys packed just in case. I don't care if he goes home today, but want to be prepared. Actually I'd like him to stay for another week. He is so dear to have around. It's cool in here this morning and all of the dogs are buried in blankets. Beautiful day though - blue sky, white clouds and orange trees in the distance.

Had my hair appt yesterday and feel like I can go out in public now. I usually stick with a 4 week schedule but week-ends have been as packed as the weeks so got behind. I really like my hairdresser but she has this tendency to talk with her hands so everything stops when she talks and it takes way too long to get out of there!

Let the cleaning begin ~

Hope you all have a great day! Cynthia

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Sue, SHELLED sunflower seeds? So there's no mess left over? More info please...

Eden

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Morning, Just a quick drive by post here as I've got to jump on this good weather.

So my dress saga continues, as it turns out my new black beaded dress is too dressy for the class reunion. I guess I should have checked with a couple other classmates before shopping. So I'm looking again. Might just wind up wearing the same outfit as for Doug's as much as I'd rather not. :( the good news is that Doug's new company has a big bash in Boston at a shi-shi place on the waterfront so the black dress will be perfect for that event.

Eden, yep, we get our hulled sunflower bird seed at the Blue Seal store in 50lb bags. No, read 0 mess to clean up. Anything the birds don't get the squirrels do. Very neat in more ways than one.

Sue, I can really visualize your long lean shape in one of those spaghetti strap velvet dresses. Can you have it hemmed to a cocktail length so not quite so dressy??? You'd look drop dead gorgeous in something like that, especially with the weight training you've been doing I'll bet your back is muscled up and looking fabu. That would really suit you to a T. Gardening day here also.

V Those pinstrped pants sound wonderful. Would love to see you in your sparkly top and fancy pants. What fun! You had a good shopping day.

Cynthia and V, Yep, I had a lot of upper body strength in those days. You can't imagine how much strength it took to manage a team on a very cold and windy night when they were fresh and bratty. I know they are called 'Cold Bloods' but I'll tell you they are plenty frisky when it is 10 degrees out, the wind is blowing and they are very fit and ready to go to work.

Yeona!!! YOu are a BRILLIANT woman. Thank you a million times over for that link. I've never seen one like that in my size before. It has been impossible for me to find one and you've done it. Thanks. Have you ordered from this site before?

Taryn, hoping all issues resolve themselves today.

So yesterday I got creative with some cooking and baked some granola/cookie snacks that have almost zero sugar, onkly 1.3 grams of fat per cookie, 1.5 g of fiber and 1.8g of protein per cookie. They are made with a five grain cereal that includes oats, rye, barley, triticale (sp) and flax. The recipe also includes whole wheat flour, eggbeaters, applesauce, golden raisins and chopped almonds. Doug is over the moon happy because they are perfect snacks for him to take to work. So today I had a few cookies and some non-fat plain yogurt for breakfast and that was pretty yummy.

Last night I made a seafood stew with lobster tails, shrimp, scallops and haddock in a white sauce made with skim milk, some olive oil spread, onion, garlic, baby bella mushrooms and some freshly parmesan reggiano. Yummy! Served this over brown rice spinach pasta with grilled asparagus. Double yummy and nothing bad in it. I can tell winter is coming I feel like cooking again. Oh yes, we had champagne with the seafood. Triple yummy! It was perfect.

OK I've really got to get outside. This post is way longer than I wanted it to be.

Enjoy the day all,
    Deanne

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Taryn - I hope all the house mess gets sorted out today. It certainly sounds like the buyers agent is a real SOB!

Deanne - loved those pictures of you with the big guys! I have lots of nostalgic memories of growing up with our Clydesdale, and draft horses we boarded for the folks logging a neighbouring property - they used draft horses in the winter to drag the logs out. And then theres my friend who was horse obsessed from birth and, in the absence af a proper riding horse, thundered around the fields bareback on their Percheron! I still remember my grade 6 teachers reaction when Dorothy brought in her written excuse after missing a day of school - it read Dear Mr. Ward - Please excuse Dorothys absence from school yesterday as the horse was stuck in the swamp and we needed Dorothy to help with pulling him out - signed by Dorothys mother. The teacher was an urban guy and had never seen an excuse like that before! He went around showing it to all the other teachers and laughing!

Post that cookie recipe - I want it!

Chelone - this one is just for you - yearling Shire horses at the Shire Horse Center in Stratford England, 1991:
    {{gwi:185579}}
    There seems to be a fair bit of interest in preserving the breed. I wasnt familiar with the Suffolk Punch and had to look it up - it looks like a real beauty!

Nice day here yesterday - we got a lot of the fall clean-up done. Off and on showers so far today but mild. Hopefully we can get a few more things done today outside.

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

Hubby and I spent yesterday afternoon (all of it unfortunately) at the mall shopping for a work Xmas party outfit for me. Went to Lord & Taylor then Filenes. I hate Filenes-the clothes are way too crowded but ya gotta do what ya gotta do :o( Anyway, I found something then realized it was way too expensive and I didnt love it so that was out. Finally found black velvet top with a wide pink collar that will match my BV pants from last year. Good enough. But then it was a little too low cut and had to find a black lace camisole/shell that would cover up more of the chest area. I bought something in the lingerie area but when I got home I found out that I had something that would work already that came up a little higher. I decided that I dont look good in all those strapless or spaghetti strap numbers b/c my arms dont look like they used to. Too much fat-speaking of that, hubby and I went to the Pond House Café for lunch first-I needed something to perk me up-they have wonderful specials-autumn lasagna with butternut squash, mushrooms, onions in a light cream sauce and a nice chicken and smoked gouda sandwich. We split everything as usual although we shared dessert-ginger cake with caramel sauce with a side of cinnamon gelato. Yum! Then I was ready to suck it up and shop.

After the mall we finally got to Staples to buy a larger memory card for my camera-what size cards does everyone have? I have a 16MB that came with the camera and had bought a 128MB initially. I just bought a 512MB but feel like I should have gotten the 1GB. I also bought a 3rd set of NiMH batteries b/c the 2 sets I have do not last long. In addition, I got an external hard drive for my computer-Ive been risking all my saved digital photos for the last 2 years b/c I dont have them backed up. I backup my files onto a zip drive that this computer came with, but have too many photos to do that with. The internal DVD burner I bought hasnt been installed yet and a coworker didnt want to help me with that until I backed up all my photos elsewhere just in case. Hopefully by the end of today Ill have them saved on the other HD and can breathe a sigh of relief.

Last w/end we did most of our fall cleanup-all the pots are cleaned out and discarded, repotted for indoors, or cuttings taken. We have a small 3 level shelf unit in one of our BRs where all the cuttings are placed in unlabeled Snapple bottles. We brought in all the garden ornaments and I cut down some perennials while hubby brought the garden waste to the compost heap. A lot of my perennials still are green and I dont cut them down until they turn brown so Ill have to check them out today to see if I can clean the beds up more. We have to move the deck furniture to the basement also. We dont have many leaves to clean up except in the back bed.

Taryn, I cannot believe the games that RE agent is playing. Shame on him. I hope the prospective buyers will come thru for you and ignore his bad advice.

Martie, glad you are posting photos! Now you can join in for the bday picture feasts around here.

Eden, we started using shelled/hulled sunflower seeds also b/c Emma (our terrier) was eating all the shells that were on the ground underneath the feeder. She never had any probs with that, but we felt better switching. We found the hulled seeds easily in the stores.

V, I usually dont sleep well when the wind is very strong at night. I keep imagining the roof shingles blowing off (our development had roof problems when we all moved in 11 years ago) and trees blowing down. I started wearing earplugs to bed when the wind is too noisy or else I wake up often whimpering.

Cynthia, loved the penguin video. How do you get the video to play-just by posting the link in the message? It sure was nice of you to help hang wallpaper! We are always behind in projects at our OWN house since we are major procrastinators. We put in closet organizers last winter in our MBR closets and we still havent totally finished mine. Garden weather hit and the shelf eventually went into the spare room.

Anyway, time to get ready to head outdoors on this 62 degree day. I want to see if anything is left in bloom-probably Gentians, Daphne, a few Asters and mums. Well, and Geranium Rozanne maybe. Im sure Ill be taking more photos-Im addicted to my camera and go thru withdrawal in the winter.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Monique

• just_t
    18 years ago

Good morning!

I loved seeing the horses and people. Thank you Woody & Deanne. I also enjoyed reading about Shireland, V. Sad that the park closed, it looks like someone had a big vision & dream.

I found this photo on my camera's card. I don't know why it didn't show up when I downloaded the other photos of the elk last week.

{{gwi:185580}}

We haven't seen the elk during the daylight hours since this day. I walked down to the mailbox yesterday and there was, what appeared to be, fresh droppings on the driveway and a portion of the pasture fence is broken down, so they have been around.

Monique, I bought a 1 GB card before the Idyllunion/Washington DC trip. It was a wonderful size. I have almost 1000 pictures on it (still haven't taken them off the card) and there is lots of room left. I carried an extra battery with me all the time and recharged the batteries as soon as I could each day so that I had both ready to use. I have a 16 MB card and a 256 MB card for my older camera (Olympus C-700 UZ, I used it for the picture above). My camera I have the 1 GB card for is the tiny Canon SD-300. I bought the 1 GB card at Costco.

I picked Jamie up on Friday morning and he stayed with us that day & night. His mom took him home yesterday afternoon. I was ready for a nap when he left. :oD

Mary, I have had My Sister's Keeper since my trip to Australia last year but hadn't been ready to read it. I pulled it out last night and began reading it.

Dryer is buzzing.........I'd better go fold the clothes if I don't want to be standing at the ironing board later.

T.

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Monique, I have the 16MB that came with the camera, but bought a 256MB right away. Then, because I was going on a garden oriented trip to Oregon, I also bought a 512MB memory card. Although I used both cards, I had no worries about not having enough memory for my 10 day jaunt. I also have 2 batteries and somehow they always need recharging. It all depends on how you use your camera I guess. I take my recharger with me when travelling.

I must be one of the strangest camera people around because I am not concerned about losing my photos. If they go, "so what" is my feeling. Probably this all started when the kids lost half their baby photos, when they broke favourite items around the house. I figure enjoy things for the present. Must be a protective device.

The wind is howling still but there is some sun periodically. I did manage to relocate some foxgloves, cage a clematis and rake more leaves. Time for some lunch. DH is back from his hocky game.

Later I expect to hear Taryn's GOOD news.

Ta-ta
    'bug

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

Good grief! Is anyone else having as much trouble getting motivated to do fall cleanup as I am? Yikes, there seems to be so much to do and it's no fun, no fun, no fun at all. Tom keeps pointing out the progress I've made but all I can think about is all I still have to do and I don't feel like doing it! I just broke the red abyssinian banana, the one banana that isn't supposed to have the center stalk cut so it's off to compost for that baby. The cannas in pots are monsters but all are pot bound and need to be dumped and split. I keep potting stuff up under the guise of keeping it over the winter as a house plant, but I hate dealing with house plants and have little sunny window space. Wah, wah, wah!

Two more hours and I can get ready for my walk.

Sue

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Sue, I'm having a hard time with the fall cleanup too. Not because I don't want to do it, just because I don't seem to have time to. I'm not one to do a little here and a little there, I like to get out there and work with no interuptions and that's not happening this year. I think I potted up way more stuff than I want to take care of all winter too and am considering letting some of it go. I'm off to Home Depot for more lawn bags. I don't have a big enough compost area to keep all that I've cut back. Tomorrow Brad has the day off work for Veteran's Day and I have deemed it leaf shredding day since Bella won't be here. He was thinking it was going to be a Racquetball day but it's not, lol. Too much to do out there and time's running out. Next weekend's the one when we usually put up the outdoor Christmas decorations before the weather gets too miserable.

Eden

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Sue, yep, I've been outside digging and stacking up stuff in the garage but am now sitting in Monique's favorite chair in the dining room with my computer. I just DON'T FEEL LIKE doing this cleanup stuff this year. I've been hacking down stuff like crazy and don't care if it lives or dies at this point. Oh no about your Red Abyssinian Banana... Bummer, bummer, bummer. I can't quite figure out what to do with the banana you gave me which is now pretty hefty. I think Eden said she dug hers and is going to store them in the basement. I've been potting up the fuchsias so I can get them in the basement also. I've got way too many things to store this year.

Eden, I'm jealous that you've got all your plants in and winterized.

Can anyone tell me what a Black Magic Colocasia is supposed to look like when you dig it up? I thought it was supposed to have some kind of heavy tuber or something but this just looks like a canna lily but even less. For such a huge plant it doesn't have much in the root dept. Also, when I dug it up some parts were a bit mushy. Should I even bother trying to store it?

T, another great elk pic. I can't imagine finding an elk in my driveway. Sounds like you had fun with Jamie.

Monique, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. I must get some of those gentians if they are still blooming now. I've got a 1G and two 512mg cards and when I'm doing my bird photography I still run out of memory. ON a serious birding trip I have to bring the computer to download pics. I do have the camera so that it shoots multiple frames so that really eats up the memory space. RE camera batteries. They don't have a very long life and I've found that I need to replace my battery sets every other year or so.

Woody, love, love, love that photo with the Shire yearlings. How neat! I really miss being around horses but it seems in this life there is only time for so many things and I just can't keep up with everything I'd like to do.~~RE cookie recipe, I'm still working on that and want to make a couple changes. They came out a bit too chewy and I want to try to add more applesauce next time around and maybe some skim milk to help the batter hold together a bit better. The original recipe called for butter but I'm substituting the applesauce to keep the fat grams down. The best thing about them is they have carb, fruit and protein with the egg and almonds so they are a complete snack. I'll post the recipe as soon as I'm satisfied with it.

OK I guess I"ve got to get back outside before Doug gets cranky with me because my break got a bit extended.

D

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

We've had two really nice days here this weekend - today started out with showers but they ended before noon and it's nicely mild. We got most of the fall yard clean-up done, the last of the leaves got chopped and added to the new beds and it was warm enough (thank goodness!) to put new safety flooring on the porch lifts so we're all set for winter - except I concluded this afternoon that I have to rearrange where the south alley path ends! It got extended, as did the livingroom bed, when I removed the grass on the path in favor of pine bark mulch to eliminate the need to edge the path. But I find that I'm unconsciously expecting the path to turn before it actually does so I think I need to rearrange the path to go where my feet want it to! Now why couldn't I have figured that out BEFORE we put down all that mulch and sand?! It's supposed to be reasonable weather tomorrow so hopefully Barb and I can get it done tomorrow.

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

There seems to be a leaf bag shortage here. I had to go to three different stores before I found some. Home Depot and Lowes were both out and I ended up finding them at the neighborhood hardware store where I should have looked first.

Deanne, I didn't dig my bananas. I left them in their pots and put them in a dark corner of the basement. I cut all the leaves off the basjoo except the newest one because they were so large and I left the leaves on the Red Abyssinian. I also left one basjoo out to overwinter in the ground. It's be interesting to see if it makes it. Don't be jealous of me, my little greenhouse is full of plants from the ghetto that I never got planted out. It will be an experiment to see what will overwinter in there.

How come the hull-free sunflowers are so well known with you east coasters and I've never heard of them here? I'm going to do some checking around this week. I think I'm going to have to get a new birdbath heater too. Mine kept shorting out last year toward the end of the winter.

Eden

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Greetings, all!

It's been a whirlwind couple of days but nice that it was at home.

Everything to be overwintered is cleaned up, repotted and in. Started my first Bonsai with a 99 cent pity pile plant. Have been following the weather in Arizona and that's what the cacti are getting for moisture. It's working -- blossoms!!

Fifth grade contingent came by today and told me to dig a place for the bulbs, arriving tomorrow. There are 300. Handed them the shovel, told them I was too easy a sell and they had to work, and off they went. Five minutes later was a perfect patch. How the Heck did I luck out living here?

And, yes, the Lemon Verbena lives(d). I cut it down, covered it with about 18" of mulch, and we'll see what happens ;-) In my dreams.

Got snagged and DH has reconfiscated his digital. He uses it for work daily and I guess I used up his battery. Neophyte giveaway. DUH!!! Am getting my own next week.

Have read all the posts and smiled a lot.

It was the female in the college crowd who found the Campanula while they were getting Nacho fixings, and the kid from Nigeria burst out laughing when he saw my Amaryllis.

Off to clean the bathroom. Six kids + two mile run + shower for each = I no wuss, but ewwwwwwww.

Martie

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

It's been a tough emotional week. I am just bushed and lethargic. Yet I managed to do a bit of gardening today and the grocery shopping. For me it isn't the bird seed mess but the cat litter mess. I invested in an enclosed LARGE sized container today and will see how that works with three cats. I resent paying $30 for this though. On the other hand, having bits of litter all over the basement floor doesn't appeal to me!

DH was outdoors while I was out, cleaning up leaves. How nice of him! Then he set to work on the old spruce that was knocked down by the wind, but still stuck in the windbreak. I hate to watch this engineering stuff, planning how the tree must fall and where. He loves it. We don't have a chain saw either. I REALLY don't want him to get one, but like all big boys, this is the one toy he wants badly. UGH.

I guess tomorrow will be one of the last clean-up days of the year. I think my friends may try to join me for caging clematis and shrubs...a job I loathe. My back is still not in good shape, so raking and bending are not fun activities. Could I be getting older? Naaaaw...

'bug

• janie_on
    18 years ago

Hello everyone...let me introduce myself. My name is Holly and I woke up in a new home today. My new mommy was a little reserved when she first met me yesterday but I won her over in the end. I came from a home that didn't suit me very much. I do think I will like my new home very much. I am 5 years old and even have a few grey hairs already. I have a spot on my throat where my previous mommy made me wear a nasty shock-collar all the time but I think in time the hair will grow back...
    I hope to make friends with others here, my mommy says that there are a lot of furr-loving people here...LOL.
    {{gwi:185581}}

• wendy2
    18 years ago

What a beautiful day here, in the low 60's. I got my begonias and cannas un-potted, and cut down a bunch of stuff. We got out the shredder, and DH raked like crazy while I shredded. This shredder was the best garden investment that I ever made - I love knowing I have already made some next spring's mulch and compost fixings. We also cleaned off the potting bench and lugged it into the basement, it is so nice to have a work space other than the top of the washing machine down there!

Here is a picture of the very last bloom in my garden, a monkshood that I grew from seed:

{{gwi:185582}}

I am starting to get the hang of this digital stuff - it only took my a half-hour this time to get the picture out of the camera and onto the web!

I spent the morning today helping DS make a shoebox diorama (Sp?) for school. The assignment was to make a room, which they will wire with "electricity" (batteries & tiny light bulbs) in school. He actually made the bridge of a ship as his room! We made the wheel & map table out of cardboard, and he came up with the idea of making a large window across the back with foil, complete with ocean views of a whale and a freight liner. He is such a creative kid.

Chelone, I love the color of your fireplace room - not Easter-eggy at all - I find soft colors are restful, and the painting technique looks great. I like the cornices too. I hope you can show us the fireplace when it is done.

Taryn, so sorry things aren't going well with the house. I hope you get some good news soon!

Marian, I did that same thing with my glasses, cracked them right in half! I was sitting at a stoplight though, and I had to drive home holding them onto my face - I don't dare drive without glasses! The opticians were able to order a new face piece and repair them (sorry Chelone), using the same lenses which saved me some $$.

Martie, your son's dorm mates sounded like a lot fun. And, please tell me the secret of getting 5th graders to dig in your garden! Did you bribe them somehow??

Woody & Deanne, those horsey pictures are great! I remember going to see the Clydesdales at Anhauser Busch in NH as a kid and being in awe of the size and power of those horses. Deanne, you must have felt pretty powerful yourself driving a team of those huge beasts!

Deanne, re: your Black Magic, I thought it should have a bulb too, but there was only a small rhizome. I had let the foliage get nipped by frost so it crumpled. I just cut off the dying leaves and brought the whole pot inside. The stems that were left actually perked up, so I think it is still alive. I guess some people grow them like a houseplant indoors for winter.

Dinner is almost ready, got to run. Enjoy the evening all.

-Wendy

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Oh Holly! You have found a GREAT home. I'm so glad you don't need that collar any more. Be a really good girl and all four of them will fill you with treats! Maybe Mom will even bring you to visit Charlotte???

• cynthia_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Welcome Home Holly!
    {{gwi:185583}}size>Congratulations to you! Love Rippie (PS, I'm getting my home someday too.)

• yeonasky
    18 years ago

Nope Deanne never tried to order from that site. I'd do some research if I were you, to see if there are any complaints or praises flying about. Also do you have specialty lingerie shops in your area. Sometimes they can help to order stuff. I've found out about places that have my size of stuff from department store clerks and the phone books.

Hi Eden. I wish I had a third of your drive. Getting going to do the gardening clean up or weeding etc, is always a big chore.

Here's a site on mending broken stems. I've done that once and it did work.

Have a great day all. I'm feeling migrainy so it's off to the couch for a rest and a read.

Yeona

• Jerri_OKC
    18 years ago

Is the Amnesty offer still open??? Hello all! Does anyone remember me?
    I'm happy to report that therapy is going great and I've lost 12 # without even thinking about it! YIPPEE!!!!

I rescued this lovely little girl from the parking lot at work. She was starving and COVERED with ticks. Thankfully she is healthy and recovering well. She's 9 months old and her name in Jazzy. The vet says she has some Irish Wolfhound in her but she is smaller. Isn't she adorable? She's up for adoption now, hope she finds her forever home soon.
    {{gwi:185585}}

She really needs a new home before Thanksgiving since I'm picking up 6 Border Collie/Newfy puppies! They are at a NW Oklahoma farm and the 'owner' was going to shoot them since he doesn't need any more dogs and his BC keeps getting pregnant. Gee, how DOES that happen?!
    We are taking the puppies with the promise of a spay/neuter for their other animals.

I miss you guys!

Jerri

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Jerri, just last week I was trying (in vain) to find your last post so I could contact you! Jazzy is a special girl to me...I don't know why, but she speaks to me. I hope her new family deserves her!
    In case you were wondering, I think I found your twelve pounds...

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Janie - give Holly a hug from me!

Jerri - welcome back and give Jazzy a hug too!

• Jerri_OKC
    18 years ago

Oh GB, she is a very special girl. I will be wanting background checks and financials for this girl!
    All kidding aside, I'm just crazy about her but we have four bigs dogs already and she deserves more attention than I can give her. Sometimes this fostering is really hard. :(

• taryn
    18 years ago

Hi Jerri! So nice to see you back--was wondering about you.
    Jazzy and Janie's Holly are lovely!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, but no news to share. The waiting game is getting real old, real fast....I think I know what the psychic's "A" stood for now, lol!

Taryn

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Taryn, I hope the A is not for "acrimony"...but for "adapt", "adjust" and "ahead". Thinking of you. Hugs!

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Taryn, I hope the A is not for "acrimony"...but for "adapt", "adjust" and "ahead". Thinking of you. Hugs!

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Gee, I couldn't have done that if I had tried!

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

What a weird weather day we had yesterday. It got up to 60, it sprinkled several times, the sun was out and then we had a thunderstorm with very little rain. There were several tornadoes in Iowa including one by the town that I work in. One of the businesses had the roof blown off only 4 blocks from my office.There was a football game at ISU that the stadium had to be cleared because of tornadoes in the area. There were homes and buildings damaged. Who would think in November. It is very windy and cloudy here today.

I did gets loads done yesterday. Much of the garden is cut back, the garden shed is clean, all pots are washed and put away, the furniture is tucked away and some plants were dug out and thrown in the compost. We organized the compost also. I have a huge pile that we moved and I started filling the cleaned out area. This area is more accessible to dump from the wheelbarrow. Rick does all this with the skidloader. It makes it so easy.

While your all out shopping will you pick up a nice outfit for my office party? I havent given that a thought.

Deanne, thanks for sharing the really cool pictures of you with the teams. With that cap on though we might think you are a farmer. Around here those are farmer hats ;o)

Eden, what a cute sign.

Jerri, nice that you popped in and brought Jazzy with you :o)

Janie, Holly is adorable.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    18 years ago

Thanks, for all the comments on the picture I posted. That area was one of those happy accidents. Those plants were all plopped in there at various times when I didn't know what to do with them. I probably would have never come up with that combo on my own. Eden I think the Honeycomb must like the cooler weather. Mine has bloomed much better this fall.

Deanne, I was hoping you would share a picture od your dalhias.Thats nice. I had some pots of Mystery Day dalhia that never got planted this summer so I threw them on the compost pile, where they continued to live. I have picked a couple of blooms off them. So maybe I will consider bringing a couple of tubers in now. Perhaps I will get them in the ground next year. Cool that the lady noticed your improvment! I had seen your horse pictures before ,but never tire of them.

I have really been appreciating the flowers that are still blooming. They are just so fresh looking these last days before a freeze. Even though they are sparse they just catch my eye, as I am getting some of the leaves up. They were so thick in the yard and I tried to get most up before it rained as they shred better when dry.

Wyatt was here this afternoon while his dad hunted. he was picking up acorns and the red berries from the dogwoods. I pointed out the berries on the tree and told him it was a dogwood tree. DH was listening and knew what was coming next. Wy said, "dats a puppy twee?"

Martie, congratulations on picture posting! How nice of you to come to the rescue for DS's friends.

Woody, thanks for sharing the pictures at the Royal for us horse lovers. I'm happy to hear you won't have to worry for a while yet. I know its always there in the back of your mind though.

Chelone, I like the finish and color of your walls. Not easter eggy at all. And I'm sure if you had a horse now it would be ever bit as well behaved as Biggy Boy. Enjoyed your little tale of encounter at gas station too.

Marian, good to hear you are walking. It is a great stress reliever as well as physically benefical. I think the new phone line will help your internet connection. Bummer on the glasses. you have had your share of broken things. Time for things to get better.
    I have not been able to walk much with trying to get season ending chores done in the gardens. Plus, now that my back is much better, I have had tendonitis or some condition in my knee. Maybe aggravated by the way I walked when trying to avoid the back pain. As soon as possible I am going to follow Sues lead and do the streches etc., to get myself limber again.

Oh Janie, a boxer. One of my favs, Welcome Holly. We have had two of them.

Nice to see Katie, and Rippie too. And Jazzy how nice you look.

Hi Eden,Michelle,Yeona, Monique,Cynthia, Cindy,Mary, CB, Wendy,V and all others I can't recall names right now. It has taken quite some time to catch up on the last two threads I had missed. Thanks for the companionship and great pictures. I saved Taryn for last becuase I was hoping to read the final transaction of the house sale. This has been a cliff hanger.

And needless to say my eyes say it is time to sleep. Tomorrow dear friends. Norma

• chelone
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone. Like, Cynthia, I was getting beautified on Sat. at 9:30 (also on the 4 wk. rotation!). It was a busy weekend, basically full of cleaning and prep. work for painting. I had a very bad moment on Saturday morning. I had primed the skimcoated chimney and given it the first coat of alkyd, satin finish paint. It was uneven, but I expected that... what I didn't expect, though was that it would still be tacky after 24 hrs. of drying time. GULP. There was no chance of recoating on Saturday, so I cleaned (and hoped). It was dry yesterday morning, I recoated it, and it's fine this morning. I think I'll take Friday and do the glazing, that way I can get it topcoated on Saturday.

I blew out all the fins on the baseboard heat (anyone with severe allergies would perish within 24 hrs. of arrival in this house). I scrubbed the tops, front pieces, and adjustable vent pieces that cover the fins, I vacuumed the house entirely. I washed the chair rail. I washed the walls that I'm going to paint. I took down the draperies, shook them out vigorously and left them to flap in the wind and sunshine for the day. I did laundry, washed another awning and put them away for the season. I walked Big. I am tired.

Dentist at 7:30 this morning, then a partial day of curtain cleaning at work (can't wait). Then more walking with Big.

Have switched genres in literature having finished "Jurassic Park"... back to biography... "Marie Antionette" by Antonia Fraser. I was too pooped to browse the "liberry".

I haven't heard from my brother about Mum's return, suspect he'll call today/tomorrow, and I'll collect her on Sunday. I would rather not have to deal with her care and feeding while trying to get a rather large and inconvenient project completed in between work!

Shock collars... a poor substitute for patience and practice. What's up with that stuff, any way? and what's up with just "dumping" an animal? They're alive, not garbage. Who was it that said you can judge a society by the way it treats their animals?

Good links on Shire and the Suffolk Punch (isn't that a great name?). There's a farm in Maine that specializes in the "Heirloom" farm breeds, too. Cattle, hogs, poultry, etc., I think they have a horse/two, too.

Hope T. has good news, right now it's time to mine the catbox and think about attiring myself for the day to come.

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Dentist at 8:30 here....
    Anyone raising it to 9:30?

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Good Morning, It's turned colder here, high of 51F today. I'm just grateful the winds died down. They got going pretty good again yesterday evening. Today's another day of garden cleanup and then I believe the majority of the work in the garden will be done for the season. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm glad to be done this year. Since I didn't have time to be out there as much as I should have it was always on my mind what needed to be done. Now I can concentrate on other things until next spring. And I have plenty of indoor gardening to keep me busy between the tropicals and the seeds I've ordered.

Jane, Holly looks like a very sweet girl and a lucky one to be rescued by your family. I know she's going to have a whole new happy life with you.

Hi Jerri, congrats on the 12 lbs. That's a big accomplishment! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. Jazzy looks like she's a real sweetie too. I know you'll find a great home for her. Don't be such a stranger around here. We missed you!

Norma, I'm sorry to hear that your knee's bothering you now that your back's better. Hope the stretches help. Thanks for sharing the cute story about Wyatt.

Yeona, I think you're our official Idyll research person. You have such a talent for finding information on the internet on just about any subject. You amaze me! Thank you for always taking the time to do that for all of us.

Michelle, what a lot you got done yesterday. It feels good doesn't it?

Chelone and Marie, have fun at the dentist this morning, lol. What a perfect way to start a Monday.

I hope it warms up soon. It's still in the 30s here and I'm not one to rush out and garden in the cold. Think I'll have some coffee and wait a little longer before I venture out.

Eden

• cynthia_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

One way to get some garden clean-up accomplished is to lose power at 7AM. Well, I did spend 15 minutes trying to remember which phone worked without power (cell service is not good in my house). Also got my desk cleaned up a little (not by Chelone's standards though.) When power came back at 8, I booted up and the harddrive screamed and told me my keyboard was dead or not plugged in properly. Replaced that and then the desktop froze. Rebooted and seem ok now. Likely I'll break a tooth on my morning coffee and will get 9:30 AM appointment.

Could be worse I know, but hope the rest of the day improves. A balmy 61F to Eden's 30F.

Best - Cynthia

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Morning all

Wow, fifty degrees out right now at 7:30AM. It is going to be a scorcher today. Ill bet it hits the 70s. Im blowing off the gym in the hopes I can get the rest of the tender plants taken care of today. I took the Albutilon cuttings yesterday but I still want to dig the plant out and repot the mother plant and put it under lights.

Eden, thanks for the heads up about the banana. Ill give that a try. Ive got a couple tiny pieces of the Black Magic that Im going to pot up and put under the lights also. Well see how it goes. Did you get your cleanup finished yesterday?

GB, ouch dentist. Hope it is just a cleaning.

Norma, funny about your dahlias not getting planted then blooming in the compost. I just found a whole box of Bellini dahlias in the basement where theyd spent the summer in a box in the dark. They didnt get as far as blooming but they did send out at least foot long shoots. This was my best box of tubers of this dahlia and I cant believe I never potted them up. Jeesh! Im guessing those tubers are just toast now and dont stand a chance of making it through another winter.

Michelle, LOL about the farmer cap! People did use to think I was a farmer when I worked at the farm. Go figure? LOL That was a very interesting time in my life and I learned to deal with a couple of my irrational fears, one of which was getting stuck in the mud. My father used to do stupid things with the car when he was drinking and one time we went to a company outing, I was probably 7 or 8 years old at the time and the car was stuck fast in the mud. I dont remember the outcome or anything but my moms panic and the yelling etc. For a long time I didnt even remember the getting stuck in the mud part. I only had that irrational fear of being stuck. Well, when I started working at the farm part of the trail was REALLY wet and deep and wed had a snow then a thaw. Well this one part was so deep the horses sank to their bellies in the mud and were dragging the wagon on the axels! Those wonderful guys (My first team Prince and Don) just got down into their collars and PULLED! It was one of the most amazing things Id ever seen. I really learned what one horsepower was and it is more impressive that you can ever know unless youve worked with drafts. They are amazing and wonderful creatures. Anyway, during that time the whole car/mud episode came back to my upper memory banks and I dealt with it and filed it away in the closed case file. Funny about repressed memories.

Taryn, what a bummer there is no news yet. Ill bet this week all gets resolved. Ive got a good feeling about it. MJ is supposed to close on the sale with her dads house on Tuesday.

Jerri, Wow!!! 12 lbs! Good for you! I"ve been missing you and so glad to see you pop in here. Also very happy to know you are still working with your therapy. It is such difficult work but so worth it. Many people arent brave enough to face their demons. I really admire you for your courage. ~~ Jazzy looks like such a cutie. I know you are going to find her a great home.

Yeona, yes we do have a lingerie shop here in town and Im going to take a copy of that page you linked to so I can show them what I want and Ill be they can order it for me.

HI Rippie! You are looking so happy these days. I hope your forever home happens for you soon.

Wendy, thanks for the feedback on the Black Magic. Im going to try a couple pieces of it as a house plant. See what happens. ~~ Did you get a photo of your DSs shoebox room? That sounds really interesting. Isnt it fun to see how creative they are?~~ That is a really pretty aconitum. And you grew it from seed? Neato! I found that the few things I did start as seedlings I was more attached to than the plants I bought at the nursery. I can thank the seed ladies here for getting me started.

Welcome to Holly! I know you are just going to love living with Jane.

Bug, sorry for your difficult week last week. I remember when we lost Dougs mom and it was a very sad time. It was the first time I was with someone when they passed, I was holding her hand, and that memory can still bring tears all these ten years later.

Woody, thanks for sending all that nice weather this way! Today is going to be just gorgeous and speaking of which Im heading outside to finish getting the fuchsias repotted and the dahlias tucked in for the winter.

Have a beautiful day everyone and Taryn, hoping positive news comes today.

Deanne

PS

T, this one's for you....
    {{gwi:185586}}

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

How NOT to get garden clean up done: arrange to have the winds howl for the entire weekend. Oh well, I did finish reading my liberry book last night - The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman. I thought it was a good read although it was a little darker than her other books.

I'll be thinking of Taryn a lot today and hoping for the best outcome.

Jerri, so good to hear from you!

Now where is Babs?

V.

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Good morning, everyone!

Made DH sit down and look at the pics of fostered dogs and then went to a few sites for small (less than 15#) short-haired dogs. Between the gutteral noises he made I think I've increased the percentage chance of getting a dog from 0% to about 10%. I'm patient.

Taryn: Since today is Monday and everyone should be back to serious business, here's hoping it closes!!!! Even in RE, weekends are lax-time. Please keep us posted.

Sue: You and anyone else are welcome anytime! I plan on posting a separate thread with the "befores" sometime between interviewing and selling.

'bug: Thoughts for a sense of peace have been sent to you all weekend. Hope they arrived ...

Chelone: You are Way Too Industrious. I love the lavender colors of your wall.

T: Thought of you yesterday when a flock of wild turkeys strolled across the lawn. DH was getting a bit nutty about droppings on his preened lawn and I told him "It could be elk." Wish you could've seen the look. LOL

Sue and Eden: But don't you use the sunflower seed hulls for mulch?????? That's always been my excuse :-) Actually, after reading your posts bought a small bag of the hullless (?sp) and the birds don't seem to know the difference. Good Thing To Know (and I'm from the east :-)

Deanne: Looking at your "After" pic and then the pics with the horses -- are you a fellow Gemini?????

For all of you not getting motivated to do fall cleanup: The other side of the coin is not having fall cleanup to do. Made myself stop messing around yesterday. Remind me that I said that Next Year.

Pineapple is up so the Holiday Season has officially begun, here.

Thinking of everyone and wishing you all a Happy Day.

Martie

• just_t
    18 years ago

Good morning!

I loved seeing the new furry Idylls!

Jerri, it is nice to 'see' you again....and congratulations on that 12# (Marie, sorry that you are thinking you found those pounds).

Cynthia, I hate computer woes....and power failures. I hope you are back up and running smoothly.

Eden, good morning! :o)

I was hoping to see a note from Taryn about the house. Taryn, this has to be testing your patience! I hope you get good news this morning.

Chelone....and 'bug, I hope your dentist appointments are easy & painless. My hygienist phoned on Friday from work and made me set up my next appointment. I'm shocked at how far she'll go to make me stick to a schedule of seeing her, some people just don't back off.

Oh......my hygienist is my daughter and she feels pretty strongly about 6 month cleanings/dental check ups. She called me back later that day and said "call to change your appointment from the morning to the last one before lunch and we'll go out to eat after I clean your teeth." Doesn't she know that when you get your pearly whites cleaned that you never want to eat & drink anything ever again?

Mary, I read quite a bit of My Sister's Keeper yesterday. It is turning out to be a book that I don't want to put down, I want to know what is going to happen and how each character is going to deal with what is happening. I'm glad you mentioned the book as I probably would have continued to let it sit.

Marian, hope you can get your glasses replaced or fixed quickly.

Deanne, are you still meeting with the trainer at the gym? I think it is great that you were getting some private pointers.

Sue, your workout with the Pilates and your back feeling okay is great news. You are in awesome condition already and I admire you for staying that way.

I do need another cup of coffee to chase away a morning headache. Medicinal cup. ;oD

Hello to all!

T.

• enchantedplace
    18 years ago

T... I would appreciate learning what is defined as a 'thorough cleaning' when done by a hygienist. What is specifically included in a 'thorough cleaning'? Definitions seem to vary in our area.
    Martie.. don't see your birthday on your home page. Sue, Da, and I are Gemini.. very varied in ages and personalities. Love the pictures of the big horses. My paternal grandfather once owned ( from the description) a similar team, which he used as work horses in road construction in California. Deanne, you are strong in many elements.. it has been such a pleasure to get to know everyone and learn of your areas and daily living as well as gardening potentials and preferences.. Marian's knowledge of Ozark plants.. We have learned 'lazy gardening' skills. We don't bother with plants that need much attention. Have been enjoying being outside. Jerri... good to read you are doing well. Once , in Arizona, I rescued a similar stray.. called our vet and he had it picked up.. wish that kind of service could be available everywhere. Thinking of all and appreciating all the input. EP

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

In for a break...front lawn is raked and leaves shredded and bagged to use to mulch the musa. Gutters are also cleaned and after lunch on to layering the lasagna beds and shredding and spreading the leaves in the back garden.

Eden

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Good afternoon,

Im in for a lunch break also. Got a lot done this morning and am having fun playing with my plants. When I dug a dahlia out of the urn in the driveway garden I noticed that the pennisetum rubrum was green at the bases of the plants so I wrestled it out of the pot, hosed the roots off well, cut it back to about two inches from the roots then divided and potted it up. It is now under the lights in the spare room and well see it if lives or dies. This morning I also found a big chunky root that was the original piece of my Black Magic and it had a bunch of babies on the sides of it so I broke a couple of those off and potted them up for under the lights to see how that goes. Im still cleaning off and repotting the fuchsia but should finish that up this afternoon. What a day it is almost 70 out and Im working in the sunshine which is divine.

HI EP, it is always nice when you drop in for a visit. I wonder where Marian is this morning.

T, LOL about your DD being your dental hygienist. I was actually given dispensation from my hygienist to go only once a year because my teeth are always so clean there usually isnt any calculus to clean. Im thinking it is partly because I dont eat sugar or processed foods anymore. ~~ Yes Im still working with Steve but not every week now. I do have an appointment with him for Thursday morning to re-evaluate the new program and change some things again. More weight training and less cardio.

Martie, nope, Virgo/Leo. BDay is on the cusp. Im very Virgoish in a lot of ways.

OK break is done. Time to get back at it while the sun is shining. Oh yes, forgot to mention that tonight is our first dance lesson! I cant wait. That is going to be so much fun.

Later,
    D

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

It sounds like some of you are getting alot done in nice weather today. The weather has changed here. They are predicting 1-3" of snow tonight and 50+ mph winds.

Deanne, my last dentist and my current one gave me the same reprieve from semi-annual visits to annual. I contribute it to the fact that I brush my teeth 4 times a day and floss almost daily.

Norma, don't grandkids say the cutest things?

Later
    Michelle

• chelone
    18 years ago

I cleaned the curtains for another commercial account this morning, packaged them up and then called it quits! Downright slothful. :) (yeah, that would be me).

Denstist went off without a hitch; the choppers are clean and I'm booked for sometime next May. I was one of those kids who went to the dentist only when there was a problem. It took about all the gumption I could muster to call and make MY OWN appointment at age 24. I'm not sure why I did it; it just dawned on me that NOT going only meant the severity and discomfort of the INEVITABLE visit would be greater. I have a real "penny candy" mouth. And I'm fortunate the damage was not greater (praise be dental floss and regular brushing). I don't mind going to the dentist at all, anymore. Everyone in the office is on a first name basis. Very relaxed.

I selected the piece of stone for the mantel this afternoon. I wandered around the remnant section, dazzled by the variety available. There was a very cool granite with swirls of black and mica on a pinkish background that I loved. But I spied a piece of soapstone and opted for that, because it has a matte finish, and the granite is only polished on one side. Since both sides will be visible (it will rest on antique brackets) it made more sense to have all facets look the same. Besides, the stove is soapstone... Keep It Simple Stupid, right? It should be ready in about 4 weeks... I'm hoping in time for Christmas.

Biggy-boy is staring at me. It is very warm outdoors (was freakishly warm this morning!) and it's not supposed to last so I'd best make the most of it. (OK, damnit, let me pee first...)

jeez! I hate dogs... (grumble, grumble)

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Since I can now officially participate in b-day celebrations mine is on my page. As a Gemini (sun), Scorpio (moon), Gemini (rising) I get to be any personality I want, but always "true."

Went for a few drop-ins today and folks are just in laid-back work mode. Hope for Taryn's sake this is only in CT. Got some apples for more butter and will be getting that going soon.

Dentists????AAAAAAAAAAk. I am one of those absolutely stupidly afraid people (for good reason) that takes Valium and has someone drive me. Good for you, the brave!

I want to visit Michelle and see snow. Yes, I kinda like it, even as a gardener.

Later, buddies and pals.

Martie

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Michelle, I just knew we were twins separated at birth! I'm an OCD teeth cleaner as well, but only brush twice a day but floss every day without fail and sometimes twice a day.

Martie, I think the dentist fear factor is directly proportional to the amount of pain a person has experienced in a dentist's office over the course of their lifetime.

Chelone, can't wait to see your new mantle. Sounds lovely.

So I was going gangbusters with the dahlia tuber putting away thing and then the cable guy showed up to install new boxes. I'd completely spaced it that they were coming today so it was a very good thing I was working out front.

OK now is going to be the big joke time because he is supposed to show me how to operate these new fangled things and I'm a moron when it comes to anything electronic. Do you think he'll get it if I ask him if it comes with an icon???

Later
    D

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

My trip to the dentist was last Thursday. Even though I brush twice a day and floss daily, I still get enough build up to warrant twice yearly visits. When I didn't floss, they used to threaten me with three times a year but it never got to that.

Martie, you and I and EP can celebrate our birthdays within the same week.

The weather today is absolutely gorgeous. I took an extended lunch and did some shopping-came up relatively empty handed but it was nice to get out. We're going on a bus trip to see the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall in NYC tomorrow. My company offered a cheap deal for employees and friends to move a couple of coaches during what is usually a slow time. The bus leaves at 7:30 AM so we'll have time for a bit of shopping and lunch before the afternoon show. Unfortunately the weather isn't supposed to hold out. Maybe the rain will hold off-let's hope so.

Sue

• Marian_2
    18 years ago

Hi all .
    I called my eye clinic and discovered my frame's warranty expired in July ! Bummer ! After fuming and fussing , I decided to run to town and look elsewhere for frames . I found what I needed at the first place ....... WalMart . They are the oldfashioned heavy plastic ones , with red tinted edges , and the fit is going to really bug me , but I have to get new lenses as soon as I can afford to , so I didn't want to spend too much .
    Came close to having my car ran into while driving through the parking lot . Was thinking a few choice thoughts , until it dawned on me it was my dear friend who teaches the Golden Year's class ! He had very serious surgery about a month ago , that had only a 50% chance of survival ,( an abdominal aneurysm ), and hasn't been back to the class since . I believe he will be there tomorrow for our Thanksgiving dinner . I'll ask him if he knew who he almost hit . Thank God , we didn't collide !

Frequent gusty winds here too , and a brief thunderstorm this morning . Possible severe storms tonight ...wierd ,wierd , but we do not have any unseasonal blooms in our yard .

Last spring I dug a gob of overcrowded daffodils , and have kept the bulbs in the utility room . I had hoped to plant them out in our yard , but haven't felt up to that job , so have given a lot away . I still have a bunch ...and still don't feel like planting them . Now , imagine my shock when I get an e-mail from Tim saying his girlfriend is sending me some daffodil bulbs for my birthday !!!! (She and her mother are big on daffodils ! ) Well , at least I now have gasoline for my tiller(s) , and won't have to use a spade to prepare the planting spot ( 'IF' a tiller will start! ) .

Tim is wanting to know what 'he' can get me .....I have no idea ! A new range would be nice , but I'm sure he doesn't mean something that expensive ! I wish I could think of something memorable and long lasting . Several sacks of compost and manure would be nice , for my lasagna beds ... but I think that is not what he means , either ! LOL
    Maybe a new monitor and/or a new keyboard ( mine is filthy ), and a new mouse . Hmmmmm , maybe I can come up with several ideas after all . :-)
    Or better yet , a gift certificate would be nice .

I am wondering , for all of you that are doing so much fall housecleaning , will you do spring cleaning too ?

When I was leaving the eyeglass place and walking toward the hot fried chicken case , a voice behind me said " Is that Marian ----- I see ? " I turned , and right behind me was the gal that worked with me at the County Fairs , entering and judging Floriculture .. I hadn't seen her in several years . She is a very likeable person .

I won't try catching up . Just know that I am enjoying reading everyone's posts , and enjoying all the pictures .

Marian

• just_t
    18 years ago

No update yet from Taryn? :o( Hopefully she is just too busy signing papers and packing to post. Hopefully.

Sue, the bus trip tomorrow and seeing the Radio City Christmas show sounds like a lot of fun. Eager to hear all about it.

Marian, glad you found some frames that will work.

Deanne & Eden sound like they are getting lots done. I bet Honey is outside working hard too.

Woody, you've been on my mind since sharing that your test results were disappointing.

Eager for the missing Idylls to check in........

Off to have some lunch---

T.

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Finished for today...we got all the leaves shredded and the lasagna beds done. I still have one section of the back garden left to cut things back in and need to wrap the outside musa baszoo asap. I've decided not to save my dahlia tubers this year. I just don't feel like dealing with them at this point so I'll just buy new ones next spring. I'm so tired I can hardly make my fingers type. It was a good day though.

Eden

• taryn
    18 years ago

Nothing to report T. Their agent was bringing (another) potential buyer to one of our guy's open houses yesterday, so I phoned him today to see if anything was said at all. Their agent said they are "sleeping on it" for now, and also looking at a couple of other properties. Don't know if it is the truth or just want he wants us to think. It seems very strange to me that they wouldn't have accepted our 10K less offer when a week ago they were willing to pay asking price for it. We'll go down a bit more if we need to, and our guy is going to convey that to their agent when he gets back in town. Hope they haven't found something else...

Thanks for all the good thoughts, and hope to be able to say they WORKED soon!

Taryn

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Your turn next, Taryn. They worked here. Next Monday I am officially an employee of a major cable company as a regional sales rep. Not only is it back into advertising, it is electronic with some of the most creative production crews around. This company "feels" different, and I'm hopeful.

Sue is right, it was too darn nice to be inside today. We will definitely hook up soon, Sue (&Monique??). I suddenly think I have the week off :-)

All bulbs arrived and the kids were excited to tell me so. Ended up planting everything, with their help. They all got some cool prizes for the amounts that they sold, and realized I had a large percentage interest in that. Yes, bribery.

Best to all --

Martie