Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walkin' the Dog

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 05 at 11:19

Life is mostly black, grey and white here in Ontario today. It is zero C, but the snow is hanging on so that I probably won't get the caging and mulching accomplished any time soon. I see that the critters have been munching my shrubs already too.
Charlotte the Bouvier has had an upset stomach...at 3am of course...so we took a slow and gentle walk this morning.
First through the "North Woods" which is still Christmas-like today.

There appear to be both squirrel and rabbit tracks, and many shrubs chewed back by the bunnies. Charlotte investigated all of this.

Marie investigated the ninebark.

The Solomon's Seal is quite golden against the snow.

Oh! Look up, there's a morning dove in the crabapple!

We turned around to check our own tracks.

Then off to the bridge for a look at the creek.

Yes, there is one bit of colour in the landscape, the mountain ash berries.

I'm still following along folks!

Back home now!

Thanks for joining us!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walkin' the Dog

'bug, what a beautiful walk you and Charlotte took this morning. Thank you for sharing it with us. The photos and your home/land are wonderful.

I hope she is feeling better.

o

I will share these with Her Highness when she emerges from her chamber...

;)

They're lovely, 'bug.

o

Thanks to you and Charlotte for taking us along ....

Martie

o

Beautiful pics-that last one could be a Christmas card :)Thanks for sharing them!

o

Nice wet sticky snow that looks so gorgeous on everything! It's a beautiful peaceful place that you live in Charlotte & GB. Thanks for the lovely tour :-)

o

GB, thanks for the walk. As said before, you live in a lovely place. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Jerri

o

GB, I enjoyed the walk thru the snow. I love the wintery evergreen scenes-just gorgeous. Charlotte isn't too bad looking either :o)

Monique

o

Nice, Marie! My walk lasted an hour and a half tonight and although it's very quiet around town these days, I could use some of peace, beauty and solitude of your walk route.

Thanks for sharing them.

Sue

o

Marie, beautiful scenery. It does look very wintery there. I just love Charlotte's very snowy muzzle. That last picture certainly does look like a Christmas card scene. You could win an award with that one. Thanks for letting us go on your walk with you. Eden

o

Beautiful!

V.

o

Thank you , Marie , for the lovely walk . I have the last pic on my screen now .
I love the view of the creek , and Charlotte with her snowy face . The evergreens are beautiful , so are the berries .
The mourning dove looks cold !

Marian

o

GB, well I"m going to try for the fourth time to post to this thread. My internet service keeps blinking out this morning and it is driving me crazy!

Anyway, these are really lovely photographs. You continue to improve your photography skills and we are so lucky that you share your beautiful images with us.

Deanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here